Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    He sounds so much like Nixon, sure if you look at the context the stuff that Nixon said sounds OK but's not the problem. It's the line of thought that if he, as the president, does something that by definition it's the right thing to do.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Nixon_Interviews

In part 3, Frost asked Nixon about the legality of the president's actions. In the context of American national security, Nixon replied: "Well, when the president does it, that means that it is not illegal."[13]
    Context is usually king (which is no defense of Trump btw just Nixon) but given what we know about Nixon he though himself as above the law because he as president is the law.

Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash View Post
    Yeah but he is president and they're not. The more fail he is, the worse a figure, just compounds how absolutely pathetic his opposition was and how the retarded tactics they used cost them the election. Seeing as how they have continued to do this and even stepped it up with outright treason in many cases, just goes to show that no matter how bad he is, they do shit way worse and he's right to mock them. Apparently it's childish to display your contempt of people that cry in the streets because your side's treason and lies didn't work and you still somehow lost. I find it hilarious myself.
    But...that doesn't make his fails any good. Maybe you should get over the 'my side - your side' stuff and start evaluating his failings as a president as the, well, failings they are.
    Besides, 'I am president and you are not' is a terribly weak 'mocking', since Trump himself only got into a position where he could run for president by being born into a very rich family. I doubt that reporter started his career with the kind of financial backing Trump had.

What kind of treason though? 'outright treason in many cases', I have not heard of these cases. Since that is certainly not hyperbole, care to elaborate with sourced evidence?

Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    They poll people who are either too stupid to avoid being polled or so over-eager to share their opinions on politics they aren't representative of normal people.

Polls just tell us what the idiots and the fanatics think.
    Thanks for confirming you have no idea what you are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by LaserSharkDFB View Post
    Remember what it was like when the word 'presidential' meant something? It seems like a far-off dream now...
    It still means something. It stands for great entertainment value. Just watch out for "The President" trademark and merchandise. I can't keep mentioning Idiocracy in these threads often enough. It's a one of a kind documentary of the near future.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    Did you know the Republican party was the party of Lincoln?
    And now the party of pussy grabbers. Sad isn't it?

Well not really, political parties are anthrax to democracy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    He sounds so much like Nixon, sure if you look at the context the stuff that Nixon said sounds OK but's not the problem. It's the line of thought that if he, as the president, does something that by definition it's the right thing to do.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Nixon_Interviews

Context is usually king (which is no defense of Trump btw just Nixon) but given what we know about Nixon he though himself as above the law because he as president is the law.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Keep defending him. But the market dropped in response to the failings of his healthcare bill and his investigation.
    I shall you ask yet again. Please quote where I have directly supported or defended him. Don't make accusations you can't back up.
    I can certainly show where you have attacked him or people that support him.
    Have a wonderful day!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adolecent View Post
    I loved Bill Clinton, he gave the word "sigar" a new connotation.

Trump is just a "redneck" with cash.
    A "redneck" from NYC? How insulting to rednecks everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    A "redneck" from NYC? How insulting to rednecks everywhere.
    Depends on the redneck.

But Trump is more of a tourist's expectation of a New Yorker. He's an exaggeration and a stereotype come to life.
    Last edited by NYC17; 2017-03-24 at 02:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    Depends on the redneck.

But Trump is more of a tourist's expectation of a New Yorker. He's an exaggeration and a stereotype come to life.
    That is what these people fail to understand. All this exaggeration is just part of his NYC personality. People are used to seeing polished made-up fake prepared speeches. Politicians carefully pick each and every word. He does not. Even with all those carefully picked words Obama flubbed plenty of times. Hell, he didn't even know how many states we had. They all make mistakes.

That is what these people fail to understand. All this exaggeration is just part of his NYC personality. People are used to seeing polished made-up fake prepared speeches. Politicians carefully pick each and every word. He does not. Even with all those carefully picked words Obama flubbed plenty of times. Hell, he didn't even know how many states we had. They all make mistakes.
    You missed the point, and subsequently made my point. Trump is not representative of an "NYC personality". He himself is an exaggeration. He doesn't carefully pick words because he doesn't know what the words mean. They're beyond his vocabulary. You claimed yesterday he doesn't stutter, but he does. He uses "very very very", and repetition as a stutter.

So no, you fail to understand what exactly it is that is before you.

You missed the point, and subsequently made my point. Trump is not representative of an "NYC personality". He himself is an exaggeration. He doesn't carefully pick words because he doesn't know what the words mean. They're beyond his vocabulary. You claimed yesterday he doesn't stutter, but he does. He uses "very very very", and repetition as a stutter.

So no, you fail to understand what exactly it is that is before you.
    I didn't state he didn't stutter. I stated Obama stammered when he spoke without prewritten speeches. Uh.. uh...umm...ummm

I didn't state he didn't stutter. I stated Obama stammered when he spoke without prewritten speeches. Uh.. uh...umm...ummm
    You used it as evidence that Obama and others had something to hide, and Trump doesn't. He has a different kind of stammer, which by your logic means he has something to hide.

You used it as evidence that Obama and others had something to hide, and Trump doesn't. He has a different kind of stammer, which by your logic means he has something to hide.
    Did I specifically state that he doesn't stammer?
    Keep on trying... Keep on trying... you might find something in your twist of words you got going.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    And now the party of pussy grabbers. Sad isn't it?

Well not really, political parties are anthrax to democracy.
    Better than being the party of d*ck pullers I suppose.

Herald of the Titans Pterodactylus's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Better than being the party of d*ck pullers I suppose.
    Have you stopped beating your wife?
    “You know, it really doesn’t matter what the media write as long as you’ve got a young, and beautiful, piece of ass." - President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by FeedsOnDevTears View Post
    He barely sees his wife and kid. He gets to go to home alone to an apartment in the same building where he works after spending all day arguing with people. He's made himself look stupid so often he's a running joke. He's so thin-skinned he gets really upset over people making fun of him, which they do all the time. He's so insecure he continually has to tell everyone he sees how awesome he is. He's surrounded by toadies and yes-men. He can't get anything done that he wants to do. He's the most hated man in America, and if he isn't very lucky he's going to go down in the history books as the worst world leader of his generation. And for all his businesses and buildings, his net worth is probably negative.

My life isn't perfect, but I sure wouldn't trade it for his.
    I love this post. That's how I view things, to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Are your views generally so offensive that you feel you must walk on egg shells? This is really a stunning admission and a case of projection.

- - - Updated - - -

Precisely. Why is everyone else the problem but never the individual with the purportedly obnoxious view? Personal accountibility
    Why are you automatically assuming that when someone is offended, the party giving the offense must be the one at fault? Does the mere notion that people can be way too thin-skinned just never enter consideration?

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Yeah, we haven't had a good president since the 80's.
    Well, compared to Trump GWBjr was a dream come true x-)

Anyway, we're all having a laught at your expense now... Funny af.
    -=Z=- Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek! -=Z=-
    https://bdsmovement.net/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deamon002 View Post
    Why are you automatically assuming that when someone is offended, the party giving the offense must be the one at fault? Does the mere notion that people can be way too thin-skinned just never enter consideration?
    Its possible but its been my experience people are almost always never willing to question themselves or partake in any sort of introspection. You arent a racist its really their fault your views offend them.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Did I specifically state that he doesn't stammer?
    Keep on trying... Keep on trying... you might find something in your twist of words you got going.
    There's nothing to try. Here's your<cough> thought process.

-Obama and most politicians stammer, they have something to hide.

-Trump stammers differently. He has nothing to hide.

Perhaps you should try...harder to understand your own thoughts.

10+ Year Old Account
    All comments here notwithstanding, I read the interview in its entirety and it was a whole lot of face hitting palm for me this morning. No matter which side of the fence you fall on, you have to admit he did not answer any of the questions and basically spent the whole interview saying that new information was going to come out to confirm all of the items which have been proven so far to be false. Then, finally, when he had no argument left go on, he goes to the "nana nana boo boo" argument where he says, "I must be doing OK because I'm president and you are not." It was not an intelligent exchange.