Page 70 of 93 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Dude.

Seriously, you're not giving ANYTHING TO COUNTER DEBATE. You're sitting there railing against others for just saying "all you're doing is saying I'm wrong", and then I GIVE you reasons, and you still continue to do the same?

No, stop. Give some ACTUAL counterpoints. Support your opinion. PROVE that it's there to prolong the game. All you're doing is repeating "This is a fact, and I don't need to prove it"

Otherwise, you're just stating your opinion, because you aren't disproving me at all.

Except that's silly even though. The game is about exploration. If you choose to explore, that's you getting more out of the game. Not it artificially prolonging the game.

That is a huge part of the game obviously. Yeah, the game would be shorter without most of the searching, but then there would be no reason to explore anything. No reason to go kill mobs, no reason to do anything except rush headlong into the next temple like every Zelda before it.

I'm not sure why that's being considered a negative suddenly.
    Making food and potions, buying or finding gear/ armor to protect you in an environment and picking up every loose weapon you can because yours break are not exploring and those were specifically what I was referring to. My apologies if that wasn't clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Making food and potions, buying or finding gear/ armor to protect you in an environment and picking up every loose weapon you can because yours break are not exploring and those were specifically what I was referring to. My apologies if that wasn't clear.
    That...is exploring though?

You go around to find out where certain foods grow, you find the shrines/shops that have the gear and armor you need, and yet again, you don't ever need to go out of your way to find weapons because yours are breaking.

That...is exploring though?

You go around to find out where certain foods grow, you find the shrines/shops that have the gear and armor you need, and yet again, you don't ever need to go out of your way to find weapons because yours are breaking.
    That's exactly what I'm saying though.... The game is forcing you to do these things if you want to progress. Previous titles did not have this. Yes you had special gear for certain areas, but IIRC you didn't have to go exploring to find them, you acquired them as you naturally progressed to that portion of the story in the game.

Therefore, having these mechanics in the game prolongs it in comparison to not having them in the game, ie being able to just go to the area regardless of what you're wearing/ having it acquired naturally at the right point in the narrative.

That's exactly what I'm saying though.... The game is forcing you to do these things if you want to progress. Previous titles did not have this. Yes you had special gear for certain areas, but IIRC you didn't have to go exploring to find them, you acquired them as you naturally progressed to that portion of the story in the game.

Therefore, having these mechanics in the game prolongs it in comparison to not having them in the game, ie being able to just go to the area regardless of what you're wearing/ having it acquired naturally at the right point in the narrative.
    But that's not prolonging the game. That's what the game is. The game is ABOUT exploration. Complaining about that is basically meaning you don't like the game, not that it's bad. Also, for the specific "gear", they're usually within/near by the zone you require it in.
    Fire proof armor is a side quest along the path to Death mountain, while the woman near the stable sells you fire proof elixirs
    The Zora armor is literally handed to you by the Zora king
    The freeze-proof armor required for the Rito area is sold in their town
    The Gerudo armor is sold outside of their village

None of that is really "out of the way". Unless you want things like the Barbarian armor, which is not required at all.
    It's also not relevant to the seeds either, since yet again, the seeds aren't required to enter certain areas.

But that's not prolonging the game. That's what the game is. The game is ABOUT exploration. Complaining about that is basically meaning you don't like the game, not that it's bad. Also, for the specific "gear", they're usually within/near by the zone you require it in.
    Fire proof armor is a side quest along the path to Death mountain, while the woman near the stable sells you fire proof elixirs

None of that is really "out of the way". Unless you want things like the Barbarian armor, which is not required at all.
    It's also not relevant to the seeds either, since yet again, the seeds aren't required to enter certain areas.
    Fair points. But even in games like Skyrim (or other open world games, Skyrim is just the one I'm most familiar with) you aren't always required to find or make certain things in order to safely traverse into an area you have access to. And exploration is what those games are about too, so there's no requirement that you have to do some busy work, regardless of how trivial it might be, to play the game. This game would still be all about exploration if this element didn't exist.

I'm not saying it's bad, JtBrig was or at least that's how I understood it, I'm just trying to articulate where I think he's coming from because I think I understand it. IMO this game would still be what it is at it's core if the climate gear/ items and durability system weren't a thing. That idea makes them feel gimmicky to a degree, and in some parts just pointlessly aggravating.

I agree that the armor is near they're respective main quest towns, but you really need all that armor just to even explore the map itself since climate changes frequently. For as much freedom as the game gives you, it really forces you to go do the main quests ASAP.

- - - Updated - - -

Omg I meant to say their* but it's too late to edit the post without that dumb edit message showing up. *hangs head in shame*

I'm not saying it's bad, JtBrig was or at least that's how I understood it, I'm just trying to articulate where I think he's coming from because I think I understand it. IMO this game would still be what it is at it's core if the climate gear/ items and durability system weren't a thing. That idea makes them feel gimmicky to a degree, and in some parts just pointlessly aggravating.
    I'm not saying its bad, I'm saying how its been delivered is bad. It makes everything feel unrewarding.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-03-24 at 04:32 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

. Unless you want things like the Barbarian armor, which is not required at all.
    got that set today upgraded it for set bonus, ohh boy feel like a warrior running in, BLADESTOOOOORM got a lynel's crusher(how hilariously large is that weapon?!) shit just melts, and if you release an urbosa's fury with that, an entire moblin/lizard camp is a 2 second job, now i have 5 weapons to loot, damn that durability issue huh...not.

Btw I think the durability weapon system works well with the whole concept of exploring. (Although I can see the complaints about not wanting to use your good weapons, luckily I just watched youtube videos and the youtuber was the one grinding off screen and maintaining that shit.)

I do think they could've given more weapon slots initially considering you need different weapons for different things (torches, swords, mining, etc.). Not to mention some weapons suck in lightning and some suck in volanoes.

since you guys keep bitching about weapons heres some tips

weapons that arent in chests respawn (for example say you find a really cool fire sword sitting in the ground?) mark them on your map, not sure how long it takes but id guess a couple days ingame or maybe once every blood moon

like those super strong guardian weapons? every blood moon go back to trials of strength, you can fight them again and get their weapons.

ive only ever run out of weapons once and that was because i was retarded and didnt get the map for the zora dungeon and kept trying to wack the orb and get to the gate in time before i realized i could use the map to move his trunk...
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Didn't state a opinion sorry, Its factually there to prolong the game.

I could really give no shit's what your opinion about my fact is.

Ok Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Ok Donald Trump
    Good One, Unlike Trump I know what I am talking about.

But hey congratz's on the useless post.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Not really, because it's legal to have a digital backup it also makes it legal to have a way to use that digital backup. Ergo, emulators are difficult to stop. It's why all there are so many emulators for things like NES and SNES even though Nintendo would prefer their systems be the only way you can play those games.
    This is where I call BS. Nothing but a bunch of lawyer talk trying to justify theft.

Distributing emulated games is piracy, plain and simple. If you want to digitally back up your games, then do it yourself ... don't download a copy off the internet.

That doesn't' mean I hate the idea of ROMs and emulators. I think games that are ancient and no longer being distributed should be available; but BotW came out 3 weeks ago. This is where I would support Nintendo doing a C&D.

Quote Originally Posted by God Emperor Trump View Post
    I think games that are ancient and no longer being distributed should be available
    Emulators don't emulate a particular game; they emulate a platform in their own way. As long as they do not distribute the original firmware, they are legal and nothing can be done with that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mining needs no weapons.
    Yeah, it's funny that I see Youtubers wasting weapons to destroy mining nodes when bombs work just fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can call BS all you like. I'm just telling you what the law has said in the past. And since it's not easy to rip a cartridge...
    Sounds to me the law if flawed in this case. You can't convince any normal sane person that distributing rom/games/whatever is NOT piracy.

And the only thing this is going to lead to is Nintendo not releasing new content for the Wii U version.

You can call BS all you like. I'm just telling you what the law has said in the past. And since it's not easy to rip a cartridge...
    its illegal to download roms, even if you own the game. its only legal to backup and emulate your own games. it is legal however to distribute rom hacks that heavily differentiate from the original game
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by God Emperor Trump View Post
    This is where I call BS. Nothing but a bunch of lawyer talk trying to justify theft.

Distributing emulated games is piracy, plain and simple. If you want to digitally back up your games, then do it yourself ... don't download a copy off the internet.

That doesn't' mean I hate the idea of ROMs and emulators. I think games that are ancient and no longer being distributed should be available; but BotW came out 3 weeks ago. This is where I would support Nintendo doing a C&D.
    Creators of the emulator are not distributing games. They give you instructions on how to legally rip your already owned Wii U games to your PC. No where on their site will you see a link to download Zelda or any other Wii U game. If you're downloading illegal copies you're doing it from elsewhere on the internet.

To legally use CEMU like the creators intend it to be used you have to own both a Wii U and a copy of the game you want to play. Both tools being needed to dump the game to your PC without needing to download an illegal copy. There is literally nothing Nintendo can take legal action against them for. Any other sites that have copies of Zelda up for download would be fair game for Nintendo, but that's a battle that's hard to win.

- - - Updated - - -

It's not legal to download a copy of a game from the Internet period. It's only legal to copy/dump YOUR OWN copy of a game. You don't understand the law if you're telling me it's legal to download Zelda off a torrent just because you own it already. It's not.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-03-24 at 08:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    its illegal to download roms
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    It's not legal to download a copy of a game from the Internet period.
    I always thought the uploading part [of torrenting] was the issue. I didn't realize downloading was illegal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    I always thought the uploading part [of torrenting] was the issue. I didn't realize downloading was illegal.
    You are correct. It isn't illegal to download a torrent, only to upload one. But seeding can be considered "uploading" and also a company can still sue you for downloading although that's extremely rare. Generally the most trouble you'll get in for downloading torrents is your ISP will throttle you.

Morally, downloading torrents is pretty shitty, but if you own a Wii U/Switch and Breath of the Wild and want to play it on 4k on your PC, then more power to you. There's nothing wrong with downloading a copy of a game you already own (morally).