Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    The military has sufficient capital to afford fuel cells to power their heavy machinery.
    The military doesn't have capital. It has a budget given by the state.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Assuming we were making a concerted push towards green energy then a lot of these fossil fuel devices would be easily powered by electricity.

Just the rural poor.

- - - Updated - - -

Rural areas are a net drain in terms of tax dollars, so withholding them does absolutely nothing.

You can if you like, just don't complain when big agro-business comes along and pushes you into bankruptcy. Cheers.
    Well I guess the rural areas should just be their own state then. If that is how the city feels about them then I see no point in being part of it.

It is obvious that you still hold nothing but contempt and disdain for people in rural areas because a lot of them voted for Trump. You keep preaching how a better world is where people pay all their income into the Government and how we should all be riding public transportation and kneeling down too our superior Government overlords. You still argue that everyone doesn't pay enough taxes ... which is pretty much all I need to know about your type. You likely work in government and you need tax dollars to fuel the monstrous machine that it has become. Zero accountability, unionized, over paid, and always out of budget looking for more ways to squeeze every dollar out of every citizen.

People like you and/or with that thought process are the exact reasons why Trump is now president. Not everyone wants to live in your world. Not everyone wants a big Government controlling every aspect of our lives. Not everyone wants to ride on your precious public transportation. Not everyone wants democratic (or even republican) dynasties bankrupting their states with "lala" land ideas that only make things worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    And the bean counters in Congress would hire an army of lawyers to call you a fibber.
    Which isn't really relevant as we're talking about technical capability, not what idiot politicians from the South want to pass it as.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by God Emperor Trump View Post
    Well I guess the rural areas should just be their own state then. If that is how the city feels about them then I see no point in being part of it.
    Y'all tried that, didn't work out so well.

It is obvious that you still hold nothing but contempt and disdain for people in rural areas because a lot of them voted for Trump. You keep preaching how a better world is where people pay all their income into the Government and how we should all be riding public transportation and kneeling down too our superior Government overlords. You still argue that everyone doesn't pay enough taxes ... which is pretty much all I need to know about your type. You likely work in government and you need tax dollars to fuel the monstrous machine that it has become. Zero accountability, unionized, over paid, and always out of budget looking for more ways to squeeze every dollar out of every citizen.
    Spoken like someone whose sole experience with the public service is the DMV, lol.

People like you and/or with that thought process are the exact reasons why Trump is now president. Not everyone wants to live in your world. Not everyone wants a big Government controlling every aspect of our lives. Not everyone wants to ride on your precious public transportation. Not everyone wants democratic (or even republican) dynasties bankrupting their states with "lala" land ideas that only make things worse.
    Which is why the deciding votes in the election were people who wanted big government to implement protectionist policies to save their shitty jobs. Right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Which isn't really relevant as we're talking about technical capability, not what idiot politicians from the South want to pass it as.
    Who said it was just the south? States that get lucrative military contracts will be calling you a fibber, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimusmc View Post
    Looks like he's having fun.. apparently to libs the pres can't have fun
    correction to libs trump cant have fun cause lawl literally hitler
    mr pickles

10+ Year Old Account
    Who said it was just the south? States that get lucrative military contracts will be calling you a fibber, too.
    Because switching to a different fuel source which would cost additional funding in terms of R&D as well as production and upgrading would be bad for states that get said additional funding....

'Kay.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Amazing how hypocritical you are all being. Really, being excited about something that you may not have experienced before is a child's thing?

I'd be glad to have a chance to hop into a big rig and pull the horn once or twice. It'd be fun! I've never done it before. You're letting your dislike of the man color your perception of everything he does. Anyone else doing this would be charming, but no, since it's Trump, let's hate on him.

Ridiculous. I can't stand him, I wish he wasn't President, but I'm not going to stand here and mock him for having a moment of fun.

You really think Donald Trump has NEVER had the chance to sit in a semi before?

I live in a back ass little northern MI town and I've had many chances to sit in semi's.

It strikes me like "We'd be fine if everyone drove an electric car" thing where we forget what else oil gets used for.

Or here. Lawn service. I don't doubt they could make a strong riding mowerwith an electric or solar battery, although price becomes a discussion. Maybe a push mower. Weed whackers, leaf blowers, saws and such would be a problem that I feel hasn't been thought of.

It's not just cars. We have a lot of things that use fuels. And people, too. Like the military. That's a lot of fucking oil right there and I don't think Prius or Tesla will make a humvee.
    Oil/gasoline is not that dense with energy, and a lot of it is wasted during combustion. And there are alternatives to gasoline for engines. Hydrogen is dense with energy and could be used in place of it.

Electricity is also quite strong, our battery technology is weak though. We need major improvements in terms of mobile energy to really make the switch to a completely fossil fuel independent world.

But, for your point, I don't see much of an issue allowing mowers/weed wackers/etc run off gasoline until companies begin to create alternatives. They're of negligible impact compared to automotives.

Military is kind of always special, if they need fossil fuels, so be it. But I'd venture to say that they can run off of electricity/hydrogen/fuel cells.

My concern, as with most others, is to attack the "big fish". Weedwackers/lawn mowers are nothing compared to power plants, automobiles, and agriculture.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    Guys, he's just having a bit of fun, showing some support for the people who came to see him. There's a lot to be critical about with Trump, but let's not stoop so low to make fun of the man enjoying himself a little. Jesus.
    It's just a joke. After this thread.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ty-controversy

I thought the right didn't care about jokes?

Because switching to a different fuel source which would cost additional funding in terms of R&D as well as production and upgrading would be bad for states that get said additional funding....

'Kay.
    Better funding from the government, who has the money, and not the military, who doesn't. Even if defense spends the money, they don't make any.

In addition, it's going to take a WHILE for a combat ready fuel cell to be made and then actually start replacing the oil drinkers. And then it's a phase out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    That's the type of thing a 6 year old would get excited about.
    outraged isn't spelled "excited"
    you can't make this shit up
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Third-wave feminism or Choice feminism is actually extremely egalitarian
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I hate America
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:Actual news agency (mostly factual):CNN MSNBC NPR

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    You really think Donald Trump has NEVER had the chance to sit in a semi before?

I live in a back ass little northern MI town and I've had many chances to sit in semi's.
    You'd be surprised. I lived in Laingsburg, Michigan from 3 - 11. I never once got to sit in a truck or semi. I once got to sit in an ambulance as part of the July 4th Parade through the town center, but that's about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    You mean when Vox Dax and Alex Jones spent their days screaming like possesed that any action of Obama was the sign he was a Satanist muslim communist ?

He does not dance ? HE IS A KENYAN MUSLIM, THEY DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT TO DANCE (But, uh guys, Kenyans are not overwhelmingly Muslim, plus there is no interdiction about dancing in Is-SHUT YAH MOUTH, SJW)

He does dance ? THAT'S TO COVER HE IS A MUSLIM !
    Well then congratulations on being on the same level as Vox Dax and Alex Jones.
    you can't make this shit up
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Third-wave feminism or Choice feminism is actually extremely egalitarian
    I hate America
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:Actual news agency (mostly factual):CNN MSNBC NPR

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    You'd be surprised. I lived in Laingsburg, Michigan from 3 - 11. I never once got to sit in a truck or semi. I once got to sit in an ambulance as part of the July 4th Parade through the town center, but that's about it.

Right, but Trump is a millionaire with many businesses world wide. If he hasn't been near a semi before now, wtf has he been doing?

7+ Year Old Account
    I finally have an explanation for Trump's behavior. He's a child that wished to be turned into an adult.

10+ Year Old Account
    Better funding from the government, who has the money, and not the military, who doesn't. Even if defense spends the money, they don't make any.

In addition, it's going to take a WHILE for a combat ready fuel cell to be made and then actually start replacing the oil drinkers. And then it's a phase out.
    I'm curious as to who you think is requesting an overnight transition.

Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    Obviously no one in country. Assuming other countries fail to follow suit immediately - we could export.

- - - Updated - - -

Rural areas are subsidized by the urban centers because they don't generate enough tax revenue on their on their own. The logic follows that none of the rural tax dollars are going to cities.

Crops/food are not created with tax revenue, they are created to be sold - and predominately sold to urban centers who can afford more food, and who also need more food to feed its population. If rural areas wanted to withhold crops/food out of spite, then they would stop receiving state and federal subsidies, harming their business even more until they eventually bankrupt, making room for those who'd sell to urban areas.
    What? Some of the largest subsidies in the US are food/farming related, and without those subsidies, you would not have access to certain foods.

10+ Year Old Account
    Y'all tried that, didn't work out so well.

Spoken like someone whose sole experience with the public service is the DMV, lol.

Which is why the deciding votes in the election were people who wanted big government to implement protectionist policies to save their shitty jobs. Right.
    You really think that is the kind of war it would become? Think more like terrorism and resistance style tactics. That is how you fight a superior force. If you think the rural areas are going to fight a man to man army then it just shows how stupid city folk truly are.

US Mail, Board of Equalization (and thing else from California), the bureaucracy getting names changed, licenses, police, and almost every other sector. Obviously you don't have much experience dealing with the state like I do.

I feel like that ends with us blaming other countries for fucking up the planet with the things we sold them.
    Yeah it could be. We shouldn't sell fossil fuel parts to other countries.

Look, I'll level with you. No one has really put a tremendous level of thought into this. You bring up really good points that need to be addressed, absolutely, but I don't really have the answers. Most of your questions I'm just coming up with what sounds good off the top of my head. What I'm getting at, is the big picture that something ought to be done about our consumption of fossil fuels and our production of greenhouse gases.

In a previous post I mention three big contributors, and I believe we should start there. But there are a tremendous number of considerations and implications to consider. It's extremely complex, and is not something that would be a small piece of legislation. Environmental Reform will rival the size and scope of our eventual Healthcare reform, because it touches all parts of our lives. You give a bunch of good examples of little things that people don't think about, but will need consideration. What do we do about the race car industry? Old collector's cars? Industrial production, waste control, incineration, gas appliances, dryers, asphalt, road construction, construction vehicles, the mountain of petroleum products (crayons, deodorant, glue, etc), and so on.

It won't be easy, but I don't think that's a reason not to do it.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by God Emperor Trump View Post
    You really think that is the kind of war it would become? Think more like terrorism and resistance style tactics. That is how you fight a superior force. If you think the rural areas are going to fight man to man army then it just shows how stupid city folk truly are.
    Who said anything about fighting?

US Mail, Board of Equalization (and thing else from California), the bureaucracy getting names changed, licenses, police, and almost every other sector. Obviously you don't have much experience dealing with the state like I do.
    I was a public servant for years until fairly recently, so...no.