Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    That still leaves big rigs and their massive weight and emission on the road. Less, granted. But it's still there.
    Those trucks are much cleaner then cars
    you can't make this shit up
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Third-wave feminism or Choice feminism is actually extremely egalitarian
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I hate America
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:Actual news agency (mostly factual):CNN MSNBC NPR

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stabetha View Post
    Those trucks are much cleaner then cars
    Hahahahahaha.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Who said anything about fighting?

I was a public servant for years until fairly recently, so...no.
    So just glass the rural areas? So much for the environment right? I mean sure if want to commit genocide then by all means. The only thing that is going to accomplish is the city people will probably be after you next.

There is a big difference between working within the state versus trying to work with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by God Emperor Trump View Post
    So just glass the rural areas? So much for the environment right? I mean sure if want to commit genocide then by all means. The only thing that is going to accomplish is the city people will probably be after you next.
    Uh...no.

There is a big difference between working within the state versus trying to work with it.
    Cool story. The things you were bitching about were in reference to internal operation, not customer service.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    Oil/gasoline is not that dense with energy, and a lot of it is wasted during combustion. And there are alternatives to gasoline for engines. Hydrogen is dense with energy and could be used in place of it.

Electricity is also quite strong, our battery technology is weak though. We need major improvements in terms of mobile energy to really make the switch to a completely fossil fuel independent world.

But, for your point, I don't see much of an issue allowing mowers/weed wackers/etc run off gasoline until companies begin to create alternatives. They're of negligible impact compared to automotives.

Military is kind of always special, if they need fossil fuels, so be it. But I'd venture to say that they can run off of electricity/hydrogen/fuel cells.

My concern, as with most others, is to attack the "big fish". Weedwackers/lawn mowers are nothing compared to power plants, automobiles, and agriculture.
    Hydrogen powered tools and lawn care. That's a while off, friendo. So, battery optimization would have to be it since power cords are a giant safety hazard in the yard. Charge means nothing if you can't cut anything with it.

But I think it would be a target for complaints because:

1. There are only so many big fish and they will go with time. So anything that produces emissions or uses oil will be targeted. Activism needs enemies to survive and what will they go after if we shut down coal factories and make electric big rigs nationwide?

2. We would REALLY look like assholes to talk shit about people using diesel trucks when we sold them to them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Right, but Trump is a millionaire with many businesses world wide. If he hasn't been near a semi before now, wtf has he been doing?
    Not riding in a semi, I'd have to guess.

Considering his penchant for air travel and expensive golf outings, he may never have been close to one.

The Volvo Group is a Swedish multinational manufacturing company headquartered in Gothenburg

MSGA

Making Sweden Great Again...Whoop Whoop

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    What? Some of the largest subsidies in the US are food/farming related, and without those subsidies, you would not have access to certain foods.
    subsidies a fancy term for bail outs and welfare.

the millions of pounds of food grown and wasted each year just because they get paid to grow it

Making America great again, one Euro Truck at a time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Hahahahahaha.
    Your laughing only shows your ignorence
    you can't make this shit up
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Third-wave feminism or Choice feminism is actually extremely egalitarian
    I hate America
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:Actual news agency (mostly factual):CNN MSNBC NPR

Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    It won't be easy, but I don't think that's a reason not to do it.
    I'm not against doing anything. I'm just hesitant because of the amount of people that really think that everything will be better if we get rid of coal and ignore things like the rising sea level we can't do a thing about unless we condense and refreeze the water at the cap or some other science fiction move.

It is those little things that are going to be a problem later. Lot of companies that will have to rethink product development. People might have to lose their favorite products to make this dream happen. And, I hate to say it, jobs that are connected to fossil fuels. Lots of things far harder than driving a tesla or switching to a water saver shower head.

I wonder if we can handle it.

Quote Originally Posted by Everwake View Post
    Imagine being the type of person who gets outraged or annoyed at the president taking a few minutes to goof around with some folks and their truck.
    That should be /thread

Quote Originally Posted by swisscheese View Post
    Let's be honest snowflake, you're probably offended by most things.
    Nah, but I'd be if some one made that face during an official meeting.

Quote Originally Posted by Zamboni View Post
    Making America great again, one Euro Truck at a time.
    Well at least they're built in the US, like the Toyota I own.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Well at least they're built in the US, like the Toyota I own.
    The irony of the Camry, a Japanese car, actually being the most "American" car on the market right now never ceases to amuse me. It's the literal incarnation of the effects of globalization and why Trumps "AMERICA FIRST!" nonsense is so bloody stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    He has all the enthusiasm and excitement that a 5 year pretending to drive a semi-truck like the adults can muster. This is a perfect picture for this president.
    A 5 year what? Moderator positions should at least require forming complete sentences.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Souflikar View Post
    A 5 year what? Moderator positions should at least require forming complete sentences.
    So should the position for the head of the state.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by stealthwill View Post
    Hahahaha the guy is literally a child
    And that child governs the US.

It's sad when nobody batted an eye when Obama decided to do Man vs Wild but as soon as Trump tries to have a little fun he's a child. So many hypocrits.

Also just gonna put this here.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's another one.

Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Souflikar View Post

Yes, because typos are never a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    It's sad when nobody batted an eye when Obama decided to do Man vs Wild but as soon as Trump tries to have a little fun he's a child. So many hypocrits.

Also just gonna put this here.

I completely agree. The amount of hypocrisy in these forums never ceases to amaze me. They hate for the sake of hating, completely disregarding their favorites have done the same crap in the past. Disgusting.