Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    It's sad when nobody batted an eye when Obama decided to do Man vs Wild but as soon as Trump tries to have a little fun he's a child. So many hypocrits.

Pretty sure there were lots of memes from Obama being on that show.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    The irony of the Camry, a Japanese car, actually being the most "American" car on the market right now never ceases to amuse me. It's the literal incarnation of the effects of globalization and why Trumps "AMERICA FIRST!" nonsense is so bloody stupid.
    Fun fact, a lot of the reason we have car factories in the US from foreign car companies is because of the import tax, making it cheaper to produce them here than to ship them. I guess we could embrace globalization and get rid of the import tax putting millions of American's out of work, now that would be bloody stupid.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    It's sad when nobody batted an eye when Obama decided to do Man vs Wild but as soon as Trump tries to have a little fun he's a child. So many hypocrits.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    You mean when full grown adults play with children? That's different from this overgrown toddler being surrounded by adults and acting like a 3-year old when he's given the opportunity to sit in a big rig...
    Of course it's different. Because Donald Trump isn't allowed to have fun right?
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Please, link pictures of these guys acting like toddlers with no children around. Entertaining children almost always includes acting like a goofy overgrown child. Being confronted by a big rig doesn't necessarily incite toddler-like behavior in the average adult... at least none that I've met.
    So the president is only allowed to have fun when children are around then?

- - - Updated - - -

Please, link pictures of these guys acting like toddlers with no children around. Entertaining children almost always includes acting like a goofy overgrown child. Being confronted by a big rig doesn't necessarily incite toddler-like behavior in the average adult... at least none that I've met.
    I don't see any children in this picture.

Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Hahaha wow, how did I miss this shit. That's fucking golden (pun intended).

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Is the first reply. Then the second:

Kind of sums up the political atmosphere at the moment.
    It sums up the atmosphere that Trump's behavior has wrought.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stealthwill View Post
    Hahahaha the guy is literally a child
    Meh, I don't care for the guy but semis are fun if you get to mess around them without having to seriously drive.

Also predicts aren't allowed to drive, they probably get excited anytime they get an opportunity to sit behind a wheel.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Renedric View Post
    I completely agree. The amount of hypocrisy in these forums never ceases to amaze me. They hate for the sake of hating, completely disregarding their favorites have done the same crap in the past. Disgusting.
    Quoted for Truth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Glad to see Trump is supporting the Swedish auto industry, Volvos are good stuff

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Glad to see Trump is supporting the Swedish auto industry, Volvos are good stuff
    *Chinese
    /10chars
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    I'm not against doing anything. I'm just hesitant because of the amount of people that really think that everything will be better if we get rid of coal and ignore things like the rising sea level we can't do a thing about unless we condense and refreeze the water at the cap or some other science fiction move.

It is those little things that are going to be a problem later. Lot of companies that will have to rethink product development. People might have to lose their favorite products to make this dream happen. And, I hate to say it, jobs that are connected to fossil fuels. Lots of things far harder than driving a tesla or switching to a water saver shower head.

I wonder if we can handle it.
    Things would be better from an environmental standpoint - but, like you've brought up several times, there are much broader and wider impacts than most people consider.

The transition will be shaky, but I believe, as a society, we'll come out stronger assuming we get through it. Some products, especially luxury goods, will rise in price quite a bit during this transitory period, primarily due to the costs of redesign and changing their production lines to conform to new standards and laws.

Fossil fuels are definitely a big job creator, it takes substantially more jobs to get coal(or other fossil fuels) out of the ground and into our power grids, than to build solar panels/wind farms. Couple that with rising automation, and we could easily find ourselves in a jobs crisis and a declining economy if the transition is handled poorly. We could bandaid that problem by using American labor for construction of a rail system, and renewable energy systems, but at a certain point we'll be done and in maintenance mode, which will only delay this potential job crisis.

Tesla has a big environmental impact due to their battery systems - again pointing to a great need for improved battery technology. All electric cars have this issue currently. The new hydrogen fueled vehicles appear promising, but if we make a huge switch to hydrogen, we could produce an unforeseen issue with water vapor in the atmosphere.

I too worry if we can handle such a change to our way of life.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Hydrogen powered tools and lawn care. That's a while off, friendo. So, battery optimization would have to be it since power cords are a giant safety hazard in the yard. Charge means nothing if you can't cut anything with it.

But I think it would be a target for complaints because:

1. There are only so many big fish and they will go with time. So anything that produces emissions or uses oil will be targeted. Activism needs enemies to survive and what will they go after if we shut down coal factories and make electric big rigs nationwide?

2. We would REALLY look like assholes to talk shit about people using diesel trucks when we sold them to them.
    I agree with you here.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Uh...no.

Cool story. The things you were bitching about were in reference to internal operation, not customer service.
    YOu just said earlier "that work out yall didn't it" so I assume you were talking about the Civil War?

It isn't unreasonable to believe that if customer service is bad, they are bad from the inside as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    *Chinese
    /10chars
    While true it's owned by Chinese at the very top, the manufacturing of these trucks still has a significant presence in Sweden.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    While true it's owned by Chinese at the very top, the manufacturing of these trucks still has a significant presence in Sweden.
    Actually Volvo trucks are made all over the world.

Production facilities[edit]

Plants where Volvo trucks are manufactured:[6]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volvo_Trucks
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    That wiki is incomplete in the english version as to the facilities they do have, e.g https://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volvo_Powertrain that's a daughter company of the volvo group.

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    The Volvo Group is a Swedish multinational manufacturing company headquartered in Gothenburg

MSGA

Making Sweden Great Again...Whoop Whoop

- - - Updated - - -

subsidies a fancy term for bail outs and welfare.

the millions of pounds of food grown and wasted each year just because they get paid to grow it
    It is obvious you know very little about farming. Certain crops get subsidized to prevent farmers from switching to more lucrative crops during swings in the market. Subsidies stabilize the farming market.

Hey look the horn says my name!

TRUUUUUMP! TRUUUUUUUUUMP!

Quote Originally Posted by patriothammer View Post
    these next 8 years are going to be great
    How you enjoying that Obamacare?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

quality memage comin out of this

Deleted
    Now, presidents are TV reality people.
    Last edited by mmoc74b1cd36eb; 2017-03-26 at 02:01 PM.