Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Dude, why are you so negative about everything in WoW? Are you that jaded about no-flying that you have to dog on all other aspects of the game?
    Maybe because I took the Blizzard-colored goggles off a few years back. I actually like parts of WoW, such as mythic+. But the way they're handling most of the game is awful, and the story of WoW has always been kind of a mess. I'm just calling a spade a spade, and surprisingly, it's OK for me to not like the same things you like.

Deleted
    I think you guys are reading too much into it. I think it's just the nature of the relation between a corrupted god and his army of demons. There won't be any honorable allegiance, any noble form of loyalty. It's a relationship of pure control based on fear, I'm guessing.

After watching the video I think some form of redemption isn't TOO far off from kj.
    He's clearly being depicted as a sentient character with his own range of feelings and not a mindless servant. Completely chaotic but perhaps still able to... you know... feel?
    At least it seems to me that is the way they wanted to depict him.

A void kiljaeden would be pretty fucking sweet

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saiona View Post
    A void kiljaeden would be pretty fucking sweet
    Oh yes or even a step towards the void of course. Maybe I should rephrase my point above.
    Instead of redemption per se, they seem to have depicted kj as a character that will go through change. Redemption, void, more evil whatever.

KJ is being set up as a dark mirror of Illidan. Like think of the cinematic we see of Illidan burning his eyes out as he takes in fel power, he sees the endless armies of the Legion and the way he survives is by deciding he will use their own fel magics against them. Meanwhile for KJ it's more a matter of he sees the armies and then knows in his soul that he has done the right thing by joining with the Legion and surrendering to them for power.

As for him redeeming.

His nickname is "the Deceiver." Not one to be trusted.

Though it does make things rather funny in his response to our recovery of the pillars of creation he pulls an Archimonde and just warps in battle cruisers instead of doing his normal and playing the long game. Which is funny because he's an immortal, time will always be his ally over ours so it's more a matter of what's going on in this particular scheming that's making one of the most brutally patient and conniving characters in all of Warcraft act so hasty?

Deleted
    I hope they don't pull an Illidan/Grom Hellscream with Kil'jaeden and let him change sides.

Not at all, it's just bickering.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    Though it does make things rather funny in his response to our recovery of the pillars of creation he pulls an Archimonde and just warps in battle cruisers instead of doing his normal and playing the long game. Which is funny because he's an immortal, time will always be his ally over ours so it's more a matter of what's going on in this particular scheming that's making one of the most brutally patient and conniving characters in all of Warcraft act so hasty?
    After reading chronicle the void is encroaching. The Burning Crusade does have a time limit, and Azeroth itself is important.

I'll be really annoyed if we get any sort of redemption story even if it's just a cut scene on a last fight where he helps us or a 1 to 1 talk with velen just before he kicks the bucket.

What I found more interesting, KJ said himself, we've seen nothing but failure and you can see it irritates him and you can see he has doubts Sargeras

If we look deeper again, Sargeras I would say isn't phased what so ever about KJ saying it's all failing. Azeroth to me now seems it's actually low on his priority list, which could also account as to why he hasn't made a effort to show up with the BL (I see some people say he has a physical body and others not, so someone feel free to correct me on that), he's out there doing other business, something far more important and that's why KJ has the lead on this one. It's something that needs to be done at some point but it doesn't make a difference now or years time

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Eh, I doubt it, at most, he still cared for Argus, but he sure as shit is still on board with cleansing the universe, and most of all, still despises Velen.
    Well it doesnt really seemed like Kil'jaeden despises Velen, Velen calls him a monster and he tries to grab his illusion so he stops talking about him, I bet Kil'jaeden doesnt think hes bad in the first place, he cared for Argus and thats why KJ hates Velen, because Velen doesnt understand the deeper sense in KJs decision of joining the Legion.He (like Sargeras too) sees a crusade in the burning legion to destroy all planets so the void cant corrupt it, the burning legion is fighting against the void but their plan is to destroy all life on the planets and make the inhabitants a strong demonic force which is capable of fighting against the void. Whats btw the biggest threat to the void? Thats right, the holy light (Naaru). Maybe Kil'jaeden joined the burning legion because he understood the masters plan that the only way to fight the void is actually destroying every potential host for them. Now KJ thinks that his masters plan doesnt work out really much, he definitely questions it. It is possible tho that KJ could be cleansed from the fel inside him like Lothraxion did it. It would be a pretty awesome plot twist ofc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Eh, I doubt it, at most, he still cared for Argus, but he sure as shit is still on board with cleansing the universe, and most of all, still despises Velen.
    Well it doesnt really seemed like Kil'jaeden despises Velen, Velen calls him a monster and he tries to grab his illusion so he stops talking about him, I bet Kil'jaeden doesnt think hes bad in the first place, he cared for Argus and thats why KJ hates Velen, because Velen doesnt understand the deeper sense in KJs decision of joining the Legion.He (like Sargeras too) sees a crusade in the burning legion to destroy all planets so the void cant corrupt it, the burning legion is fighting against the void but their plan is to destroy all life on the planets and make the inhabitants a strong demonic force which is capable of fighting against the void. Whats btw the biggest threat to the void? Thats right, the holy light (Naaru). Maybe Kil'jaeden joined the burning legion because he understood the masters plan that the only way to fight the void is actually destroying every potential host for them. Now KJ thinks that his masters plan doesnt work out really much, he definitely questions it. It is possible tho that KJ could be cleansed from the fel inside him like Lothraxion did it. It would be a pretty awesome plot twist ofc.

Deleted
    If Sargeras doesn't have a body, I can see Kil'Jaeden deceiving him. What can Sargeras do if not use magic/attack physically? Can he cast spells without a body? If KJ can lock him down, the demons will somewhat not fear Sargeras anymore and there's a chance they will follow Kil'Jaeden out of fear.

Deleted
    Challenges Sargeras as he gets impatient with him and just want to conquer the universe.

As for Argus; its like he is saying "I payed 10M gold for the boost, you better give me the kill now".

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    From the trailer, it seems like Kil'Jaeden has a beef with Sargeras. He flat out called Sargeras and his plan a failure.

Could we see an unexpected ending to the tomb of Sargeras where we knock some sense into Kil'Jaeden and he ends up helping us kill Sargeras in the Argus patch?
    Duuh.. why do people want to just see demons turn around and be like "Okay, nvm we'll help you now"

Especially one like Kil'jeaden? I doubt he'll ever turn. I doubt It's a foreshadowing of things to come, Blizzard haven't been cleaver with their stories since Wrath. All I expect Is something silly, like we steal the demonic ships using the Illidari to pilot them, ride them right Into Argus and do something there to screw up some grand plan of Sargeras' to cripple him or whatever... I mean how would you even fight Sargeras? I hope they don't Intend for us to fight him, and If they do It better be epic as hell.

Cause the guy can literaly slice a planet In half, he's twice the size of a planet. So unless we get some like... super angelic Infused being, like Illidan to become as large as Sargeras and fight him In space In an epic duel, we won't win. Oh wait, that's the ending of Starcraft 2-ish, how oddly similar!

Imean really, what would stop Sargeras from having us all gather on Argus then slice the planet In half?
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

7.3 Legion Ending:

Illidan: It's done.
    Kil'jaeden: Sargeras...failed.

*Kil'jaeden turns to the Army of the Light*

Kil'jaeden: ARGUS IS FREE!

*Everyone cheers and is best friends*

The End.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Abysthor View Post
    7.3 Legion Ending:

Illidan: It's done.
    Kil'jaeden: Sargeras...failed.

*Kil'jaeden turns to the Army of the Light*

Kil'jaeden: ARGUS IS FREE!

*Everyone cheers and is best friends*

The End.
    Kil'jaeden is not evil, he is just misunderstood, he does not really want to burn everything to ash, he only wants to share his warmth to friends. The society is what made him like this!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Kil'jaeden is not evil, he is just misunderstood, he does not really want to burn everything to ash, he only wants to share his warmth to friends. The society is what made him like this!
    There have been 180 turnaround redemption stories in books and cinema for a long time.

Biggest one that comes to mind is Darth Vader. If Darth Vader had lived on, he would have been the perfect example of pure evil mending his ways and becoming a force for good.

Kil'Jaeden may be no different. (ESPECIALLY since he is now at odds with his master)

Quote Originally Posted by Jokubas View Post
    He first started to grow on me during the Tomb of Sargeras audio drama. I don't remember exactly what it was now, but I believe it was related to how he convinced Gul'dan to remain loyal. For a big demon guy who just wants to destroy things, Kil'jaeden has been given an amazingly... human personality (for lack of a better term). There is a reason and a logic behind what he does and says. That's not easy to pull off with such a relatively basic villain.
    KJ is way more than just 'a big demon guy'. He was one of the Eredar Lords on Argus and best friend of Velen before Sargeras corrupted him. He and Archimonde willingly accepted Sargeras' deal. He was always a very smart, powerful being that got infinitely more powerful thanks to Sargeras. KJ is basically just evil Velen.

- - - Updated - - -

also: Kil'jaeden, the Deceiver

'nuff said...
    #MakeBlizzardGreatAgain

Does KJ understand the threat the Void Lords are to the universe? AFAIK, Sargeras' goal is to destroy all world-souls so a Dark Titan can't be born. I think maybe that is what Sargeras is referring to when he says KJ has lost sight of their destiny.