Page 1 of 3
LastLast

GM needs help as an Outlaw Rogue

Hey everyone! I'm trying to get some help for my Guild Master. He wants to perform a lot better cause, well, he's the Guild Master. He doesn't want to be a carried, especially as we progress into Mythic NH. He cannot figure out what he's doing wrong and is about to give up.

We don't have anyone else in our guild that even plays a Rogue, so it's hard for him to get much feedback. I have logs available for both our Mythic Skorpyron kill and our Heroic clears (both from this week). His name is Acidbath.

Mythic Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

Heroic Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

I suppose the best fights for heroic to look at would be Krosus for single target and Botanist for AoE. I just don't know anything about Outlaw well enough to give advice, so I'm really hoping someone could point me in the right direction to help him out.

I appreciate any feedback I can get. By all means, destroy the logs, we just want to find out what's going on.

Edit: For an extra note before someone says "switch to assassination," he really enjoys Outlaw and despises the dagger playstyle. I know he could be doing better as Outlaw because, well... you'll see it in the logs.

My apologies if there's a rule against posting logs on the forum. I didn't see anything obvious on the guidelines and figured I'd give it a shot.

Just looking really quickly at the Krosus Log to start with, as these issues likely persist through most of his pulls on other bosses.

1. He lets Alacrity Fall off once, I imagine it must be an accident when Krosus smashes the bridge and such, but that's still really bad to do. 20% haste is nice. He also lets it fall off on Trilliax.

2. There are 2 periods where he allows Roll the Bones to fall of, he only had a 91% uptime on the buff. Again, can't let it fall off.

3. You are supposed to roll for at least 3 buffs, or always keep True Bearing. His second roll he kept just Broadsides for an extended timeframe. His Third Roll he kept Shark & Buried Treasure. He then got True Bearing and rolled it off immediately. Next kept Broadsides & Shark, it continues like this... He is not RtB properly at all. Just checking his Trilliax kill to make sure, once again he decides to keep Jolly Roger alone for its duration.

4. I didn't really look further. Really, really need to utilize Roll the Bones properly for the spec to function at all. It's your only way to attempt to mitigate the RNG nature of the spec.

TL;DR: Reroll until Truebearing, or 3+ buffs.

Your assassination rogue needs more help. They have quite poor uptimes on Garrote, Rupture, Envenom, and they let Agonizing Poison fall off.
    Last edited by Lethim; 2017-03-24 at 05:52 PM.

Appreciate the feedback so far. So, is he just rolling the bones and then just keeping whatever buff he has? Is he rerolling for ideal buffs or just going with what he has that first roll? Sorry for all the questions, still in the process of learning to read warcraftlogs properly since I recently needed to begin doing that for my guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Dralas View Post
    Appreciate the feedback so far. So, is he just rolling the bones and then just keeping whatever buff he has? Is he rerolling for ideal buffs or just going with what he has that first roll? Sorry for all the questions, still in the process of learning to read warcraftlogs properly since I recently needed to begin doing that for my guild.
    Doesnt matter which - he needs to solidly roll TB or 3, even if it seems a loss to him. TB or two might be easier to stomach if he's moaning about rerolling so often.

TB is the real goal though.

Nah, he keeps his Double buffs, but they aren't very good double buffs. He needs to get True bearing more often. on the Krosus fight, he only had true bearing for the very end.

Ah alright. The other feedback I've picked up so far is he let Alacrity fall off for a bit. Also, Adrenaline Rush isn't being used nearly as much as it should be, along with the Artifact ability needing to be used more. Also his opener could be better because another said he opened up on Krosus with Cheap Shot instead of say Ambush.

Deleted
    Haven't been following too closely but is it really true bearing or 3 buffs even without bracers and shoulders because he doesnt seem to have either?

Deleted
    Just skimmed through the logs, and I honestly don't understand how he so consistently pulls very low numbers. Like, Botanist HC for example - Permacleave for most of the fight, 400k?!

Perhaps he should check out a good outlaw stream (do any exist?) because he appears to be doing something fundamentally wrong .p

If you're on EU, pm me and I'll send my real-id if he wants me to help him out in person. Tends to be easier that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Runningman View Post
    Haven't been following too closely but is it really true bearing or 3 buffs even without bracers and shoulders because he doesnt seem to have either?
    I believe Shark gets higher priority when you DO have bracers, because you want Between the Eyes to crit. So this changes nothing in his situation.

Oh man, if there are Outlaw Youtube channels or twitch streams, by all means someone let me know. Only thing I've been finding are some guides like https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...dsXxQKvU/edit# from Ravenholdt

Deleted
    Oh man, if there are Outlaw Youtube channels or twitch streams, by all means someone let me know. Only thing I've been finding are some guides like https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...dsXxQKvU/edit# from Ravenholdt
    None that I know of, but I've never looked, though

Out of curiousity, do you guys clear EN every week for the ursoc trinket? It is still stupidly good for Otl rogues and a couple of other classes (BM hunter and Havoc DH comes to mind). I ask because his trinkets are pretty horrid, Frond is unstable and the Foci is bad for Otl since it has such a low proc rate, even if it lasts long, because if it procs outside a window of power (3-6 buffs or CDs) it's pretty much useless. That's why Memento is considerably better (it has 1.5 proc rate vs Foci's 0.7).

Does he really not have a better leggie than the leggings?

Unfortunately not; just the leggings, sephuz's secret, and the ring he had in the log.

Deleted
    Unfortunately not; just the leggings, sephuz's secret, and the ring he had in the log.
    He only has 3 legendaries? jesus. Are you sure the reason for his lower dps isn't lack of traits or something? 3 legendaries would imply a very minimal time investment, so he can't except super good dps then

Did he re-roll to Outlaw recently?

Hi, so all of this feedback about keeping single true bearing is WAY wrong. That only applies if you have legendaries to match, which he does not. Do not pass this feedback along to him until he gets those legendaries. TB + anything else or sharks + anything else, JR + BS, or 3 buffs are what you're looking for. Your dps will get fucking destroyed if you try to play single TB without legendaries.

Thanks for the reply Xanatu. I'm asking him to do the fishing for TB or 3+ buffs and he's getting pretty destroyed right now for dps, those 3 legendaries are all he's working with right now.

Thanks for the reply Xanatu. I'm asking him to do the fishing for TB or 3+ buffs and he's getting pretty destroyed right now for dps, those 3 legendaries are all he's working with right now.
    Yeah it'd be way worse. Try having him do those combos. You can also try keeping any 2-buff to reduce rerolling and be more consistent, although it'll probably hurt your top end when you get stuck with shiz like BT + GM. I basically think of RTB having 2 pools of buffs. Broadsides/true bearing/sharks are good, grand melee/buried treasure/jolly roger are bad. If I can pair any pool 1 buff with a pool 2 buff, I'll usually keep it. Outlaw involves a lot of dumb on-the-fly feelcrafting because of how luck-based it is so you can reroll or keep to your heart's content and see a lot of different results.

Deleted
    Solo TB is keepable when you need to sync CDs - So say that he has CotD up in 35 and AR in 1:45, then you can def grab solo TB and make sure your CDs sync, then start rerolling again or if the duration is long enough, keep TB for the incoming burst (doable if he got the full 54 sec buff, for example).

Quote Originally Posted by athanasios View Post
    Solo TB is keepable when you need to sync CDs - So say that he has CotD up in 35 and AR in 1:45, then you can def grab solo TB and make sure your CDs sync, then start rerolling again or if the duration is long enough, keep TB for the incoming burst (doable if he got the full 54 sec buff, for example).
    Yeah this has gotten a bit tougher with COF but I try to do this if I can. The timeframe where you only keep single TB seems to crush my DPS so much worse than lining up AR with COD helps, depending on how long it is. And then you're re-rolling as soon as you realign your CDs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanatu View Post
    Yeah this has gotten a bit tougher with COF but I try to do this if I can. The timeframe where you only keep single TB seems to crush my DPS so much worse than lining up AR with COD helps, depending on how long it is. And then you're re-rolling as soon as you realign your CDs.
    Must be nice to have CoF, I can only dream

I'm sure CoF changes the landscape for TB, but I havn't had the chance to work on that yet :x

Quote Originally Posted by athanasios View Post
    Must be nice to have CoF, I can only dream

I'm sure CoF changes the landscape for TB, but I havn't had the chance to work on that yet :x
    It's one of those things that you think would make your life easier but since you can't plan around it you basically just yolo your cooldowns. You can't hold on to AR because if you do you're missing potential COF procs, which is obviously a DPS loss.