10+ Year Old Account
    One thing that is really bothering me about this game is NPCs being upset if your "first" outpost is a military outpost...

It just baffles me why Bioware would write it this way... Because for starters... Its not the fucking first outpost... There were two other outposts before it... You know... WHERE ALMOST EVERYONE DIED BECAUSE THEY WERE ATTACKED BY THE KETT...

So your "first" outpost is really the fucking third one... And people should not only not be upset about it being military, they should be happy as fuck given what happened to the first two and now having the defenses to prevent that from happening again.

Just irks me, I am pretty far in the game and there are still people who bring it up like "how can we trust you aren't an invader when your first outpost is military!?!?!"

Fucking dumb.

40 millions dollars would be ridiculous nowadays.

Personally, I don't find the game very good, but some concerns are clearly blown out of proportion. Yes, the Ryders faces are odd at times and facial animation lackluster, but it's not exactly a novel game breaking issue-I have yet to seen even an AAA game where characters can have realistic faces beyond ''stoically blasting away aliens''.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    One thing that is really bothering me about this game is NPCs being upset if your "first" outpost is a military outpost...

It just baffles me why Bioware would write it this way... Because for starters... Its not the fucking first outpost... There were two other outposts before it... You know... WHERE ALMOST EVERYONE DIED BECAUSE THEY WERE ATTACKED BY THE KETT...

So your "first" outpost is really the fucking third one... And people should not only not be upset about it being military, they should be happy as fuck given what happened to the first two and now having the defenses to prevent that from happening again.

Just irks me, I am pretty far in the game and there are still people who bring it up like "how can we trust you aren't an invader when your first outpost is military!?!?!"

Fucking dumb.
    Why would it be dumb? You're making a practical but unpopular decision by an initiative designed for exploration and discovery. Even if you had a very good reason, it wont be popular as per the social standards of most people on the nexus and they react accordingly. They can complain all they want, as the pathfinder you made a decsion based on the circumstances to best allow your people to prosper. It doesnt mean one or the other decision is the best.

Also its refering to it as its first colonization effort. The other camps didn't even make it that far as they were wiped out during set up phases and testing for viability to make way for proper outposts. Which the one you choose actually is.(plus its an element of "marketing spin", dont want your first outpost or two to be failures)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    So I finally made it to The Vortex, Andromeda's equivalent of Chora's Den/Afterlife/Purgatory.

I gotta say, I'm not really impressed. Music is terrible, bar is tiny. Afterlife was easily the most amazing videogame nightclub I've ever seen in my life. This one is unfortunately not quite up to snuff U_U

Particularly for the music. Afterlife's soundtrack is amazing, I could listen to this song for hours (And as a matter of fact, already have). The songs playing at the Vortex are so........ generic. I really hope they hire a better composer for the sequel, so far I've only heard about 2 or 3 good songs in Andromeda. The rest are either average/forgettable, or downright bad.
    its supposed to be that way. The nexus only just got off its feet after months of hopelessness and desperate tedious work just to survive after a consecutive series of severe set backs. the vortex is something thrown together in an area actually meant to be a chemistry lab. The guy at the bar is actually a chemist who is irked as all hell that his chemistry lab has been turned into an impromptu nightclub and he's now suddenly become a barman mixing drinks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SupBrah View Post
    I can't believe how trash this game is. Bioware has really, really gone down hill over the years.

I tried, tried to like it, but it's just terrible... Especially for a AAA game with a, what? $40 million budget? WTF did they spend all that on? Their crappy player designer?

I had to return it. I just couldn't let $60 go to waste like that.
    as i said not a page ago. "I like how this thread keeps getting random out of the nowhere posts that dont back themselves up". Just random shallow shitposts.

- - - Updated - - -

by the way. Hilarious snippets you run into in the news. Like the news article about species disagreeing how to train kids, which mentions the Asari are willing to "wait it out" how demands are met. I think those of us from the trilogy remember how that goes.

Then theres the worker whose name is witheld until his next of kin in the milky way are notified....wait what?
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2017-03-24 at 09:35 PM.

Fucking dumb.
    They are angry if you make it a science outpost too, just for different reasons.

Seems like some people are angry no matter what you pick.

10+ Year Old Account
    AND THE GAME FINALLY FINISHED DOWNLOADING.

Good god, our internet fucking SUCKS. Four and a half days to finish the download......... >_>
    Congrats! Enjoy the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Crusch View Post
    They are angry if you make it a science outpost too, just for different reasons.

Seems like some people are angry no matter what you pick.
    Exactly, there are pretty much no 'right' choices.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

I just reached the Nexus, and frankly, I would bet a medigel unit or two on SAM ''identity'', considering that Alec personnally programmed it....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYZfeY8Vg0E

Fucking dumb.
    I found it to be kind of a "people on edge" thing, especially since it involved direct family and whatnot, instead of it being protesters shouting something along the lines of "Soldiers?? Scientists would fare much better!".
    Yes, it made sense for me to request a military outpost first (for reasons you mentioned ) and, with the available explaining, the protesters kinda accept the position.

I kinda wished the explaining was slightly better, but meh, it manages.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    Then theres the worker whose name is witheld until his next of kin in the milky way are notified....wait what?
    One of the news snippets talks about beacons left to contact the milky way descendants of the AI people are not being responded to.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    Why would it be dumb? You're making a practical but unpopular decision by an initiative designed for exploration and discovery. Even if you had a very good reason, it wont be popular as per the social standards of most people on the nexus and they react accordingly. They can complain all they want, as the pathfinder you made a decsion based on the circumstances to best allow your people to prosper. It doesnt mean one or the other decision is the best.

Also its refering to it as its first colonization effort. The other camps didn't even make it that far as they were wiped out during set up phases and testing for viability to make way for proper outposts. Which the one you choose actually is.(plus its an element of "marketing spin", dont want your first outpost or two to be failures)
    That's what I am saying though... Why would it be unpopular...?

"How dare you try and protect our colonization efforts!" "We deserve to die just like the first two outposts!"

It literally makes no sense why unpopular given the circumstances of the first two outposts.

And I am talking about people complaining about the message it sends, not the protesters complaining about their families not being awoken, since they only care because it was someone else and not their family brought out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    One of the news snippets talks about beacons left to contact the milky way descendants of the AI people are not being responded to.
    There is quantum entanglement communication in Mass Effect, perhaps this implies the cannon is that the Reapers won, or something else wiped out Milky Way civilization.

Since they should be able to communicate instantly with the Milky Way, beacons or no beacons. Unless they only had one system (which makes no sense) and the Milky Way half was lost in some way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Anyone got some high quality Ansel screenshots of H-047c?
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/zealo123/

Warning, image is 81.5 MB at 20480 x 11520, so beware for anyone who's on a data cap

15+ Year Old Account
    "How dare you try and protect our colonization efforts!" "We deserve to die just like the first two outposts!"
    Because that isn't what the option is. It is what the initiative is focusing on with its outpost. Is it going to be seen as a military effort or a Science and Exploration one. Remember they came with out arming the arks, nexus, or really having that big of an army. Because they were not focusing on military. That is why some people are outraged because it is setting the wrong tone and why others react to us differently. Remember we are invaders in Andromeda even if we are kicking kett butt.

The other two failed not just because of the kett but because of their location and because of the Vault. If you pick the research outpost you still get defenses at the outpost.
    There is quantum entanglement communication in Mass Effect, perhaps this implies the cannon is that the Reapers won, or something else wiped out Milky Way civilization. Since they should be able to communicate instantly with the Milky Way, beacons or no beacons. Unless they only had one system (which makes no sense) and the Milky Way half was lost in some way.
    It is more Bioware leaving what cannon ending up in the air. I think it is more referencing that they likely got destroyed during the Reaper War rather then the Reapers winning as the Cannon ending. It still leaves any ME3 ending as cannon and we just haven't been able to connect for whatever reason.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

GAH

Okay, normally I don't dig spoilers, but this is one exception I'm willing to make. Someone who's finished the game (or is at least at a more advanced part of it than me) please spoil this to me: Is there a way to kill, or let die Foster Addison?

I swear to god, this bitch has broke the camel's back, I can't stand her, and her stupid creepy face. Its bad enough that she's so horribly animated, but I swear she's got to be the biggest cunt in videogame history. Never before have I wanted to reach into a monitor and punch a videogame character in the face THIS BADLY.

WHERE THE HELL ARE THE RENEGADE INTERRUPTS WHEN YOU NEED ONE!?!?!?!?!

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

Has anyone found out if you can establish multiple outposts per planet? I've tried googling this info but I'm not finding much about outposts except how to establish one and info about the first outpost quest on Eos.
    Last edited by Smitzelplix; 2017-03-24 at 11:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Because that isn't what the option is. It is what the initiative is focusing on with its outpost. Is it going to be seen as a military effort or a Science and Exploration one. Remember they came with out arming the arks, nexus, or really having that big of an army. Because they were not focusing on military. That is why some people are outraged because it is setting the wrong tone and why others react to us differently. Remember we are invaders in Andromeda even if we are kicking kett butt.

The other two failed not just because of the kett but because of their location and because of the Vault. If you pick the research outpost you still get defenses at the outpost.

It is more Bioware leaving what cannon ending up in the air. I think it is more referencing that they likely got destroyed during the Reaper War rather then the Reapers winning as the Cannon ending. It still leaves any ME3 ending as cannon and we just haven't been able to connect for whatever reason.
    While it's not explicitly brought up, I suppose that it would have make sense to not mention to settlers that this was an one way trip without communication. After all, the Codexes show the Reapers as very patient and each extinction taking several centuries to complete. (Destroy the QTE device on the Milky Way side is a sure way to be sure that the Reapers don't get eventually a message telling them to go exterminate people in the Andromeda...)

2 minute load time to join multiplayer game in progress.

Host gets dropped 1 minute later.

3 minute load screen while the game tries to find another.

None of which could be clicked out of.

GAH

Foster Addison?

I swear to god, this bitch has broke the camel's back, I can't stand her, and her stupid creepy face. Its bad enough that she's so horribly animated, but I swear she's got to be the biggest cunt in videogame history. Never before have I wanted to reach into a monitor and punch a videogame character in the face THIS BADLY.
    I take it you haven't met Ted Faro from Horizon:Zero Dawn? Makes Addison and the Illusive man from ME 2-3 look like amateurs imo.
    Last edited by Koyoti; 2017-03-25 at 12:49 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just finished the game after 50 hours or so (unlocked early), 100% viability and completed every side mission I came across.

As a big fan of the original trilogy I have to say, I think this game was a massive letdown. I'd probably rate it a 5/10, maybe 6/10 if animation was polished.

The pros:
    1. Graphics were decent, some problems here and there but worlds looked beautiful.
    2. Combat - Massive improvement over the older games.
    3. The game finally caught up with todays standards, letting you jump in a video game.
    4. The chat system, I thought I would hate it but I liked it. I feel like a lot of the responses probably gave the same results though which kinda sucks.
    5. Jaal - Only companion I liked, although he reminded me of Javik I felt he was great.
    6. A few select missions - Without going into spoilers there were a handful of missions in the game that were excellent.

The cons:
    1. Animation - don't need to say anything more.
    2. Companions - Besides Jaal I disliked every other companion, Peebee and Drack were ok but I just didn't care for anyone else.
    3. Romance - Tying into companions, a big section of the game I hated because I didn't like any of the companions.
    4. Open World aspect - Honestly, this is the biggest con of the game for me, tying in with side missions. As a completionist it ruined the game for me, each world you would get to would have a large amount of side quests, most of which were the exact same boring quests. Each world you would follow the same pattern, I just felt like I was going through the motions over and over. There were also a large amount of quests that sent you to a planet (which involves annoying unskippable movies), then speak to someone, then go to another planet (more unskippable movies), then kill some people, then go back to original planet (more movies). Such a terrible system. Argument could be "well, just don't do them", but if that was the case I would lose out on potentially interesting lore etc.
    5. The unskippable movies instead of load screens - Would have thought they'd change this system as it's been in every one of the original Mass Effect games but nope. I understand they're loading stuff while doing it but when you have a good PC you could load it considerably quicker. It was cool the first time then a massive ball ache.
    6. Main story - Parts were good and I loved them, final couple of missions were great but the rest was pretty forgetful. All the side missions didn't help as it made it so you only did a story mission every 6+ hours so it just didn't flow well. There were aspects I liked and the Remnants and associated lore was awesome, the bad guys were boring though.

I got a lot of playtime out of the game but I felt i only enjoyed a very small amount of that time. I was genuinely relived when I finished the game as I didn't have to play it anymore. I could have stopped halfway through but I forced myself to persevere just incase.

I can see some people enjoying the game if they take it slowly and enjoy exploring every nook and cranny and genuinely love the side missions. The game for me though was a huge let down. People rating it 1/10 etc are stupid as fuck though, it's a solid 5/10, maybe a 6/10 with animation improvements etc.
    Last edited by Solidito; 2017-03-25 at 12:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/zealo123/

Warning, image is 81.5 MB at 20480 x 11520, so beware for anyone who's on a data cap
    Nice, thanks !

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Solidito View Post
    There were also a large amount of quests that sent you to a planet (which involves annoying unskippable movies), then speak to someone, then go to another planet (more unskippable movies), then kill some people, then go back to original planet (more movies). Such a terrible system.
    I hated this.

>Get a quest on planet.
    "I need to see you on the nexus!"
    *watch the video where you take off from the planet*
    *watch the jump through space back to the nexus system*
    *watch the jump through the nexus system to the nexus itself*
    *watch the video where you land on the nexus*
    *watch the video where you take the tram to whichever wing you need on the nexus*
    "I need you to do X on the planet you just came from!"
    *watch the video where you take the tram back to the dock on the nexus*
    *watch the video where you take off from the nexus*
    *watch the jump through space back to the planet you just came from's system*
    *watch the jump through the system back to the planet*
    *watch the video where you land back on the planet*
    *look at the clock and realize 10 minutes just passed for you to go to the Nexus and have that 30 second conversation*

Quote Originally Posted by TheEconomist View Post
    I also feel this is the case. The criticism about animations, bugs, music are in a large part an exponent of Bioware identity politics. I feel like it wouldn't have been a big deal at all if they didn't have cases like Manveer Heir.

Still, I'm itching to have a go, even though I completely disagree with Bioware on their desire to push diversity. Been watching CohhCarnage stream, he's a good barometer for me as he's a mature and level-headed guy, and it looks like a decent enough game.
    This isn't even remotely true the game is a shitty mass effect game. If it was some random indie studio it would be seen as alot better but there are game breaking bugs and other shit atm.

I literally can't play 90% of the game because there is a bug where sometimes after cutscenes the screen goes black and your stuck in an infinite load supposedly you can work around it by leaving the area but I'm at a point where you can't leave the area. The multiplayer is laggy as fuck half the time and i've gotten several disconnects while playing it which makes you lose any xp you would have gained but you still lose the consumables you brought in/used. Also I've had matches where my character cannot use skills or items and is equipped with base weapons. In the vortex I have taken a drink of pure air because the glass disappeared and about 40% of the time my ryder looks fucked up in cutscenes.

Also the angara are probably the shittiest aliens they have created at this point, the heads are kinda cool but the bodies/animations are fubar. Also some of the story plot points are pretty stupid. Like you land on Angara planet and they are all speaking their language and suddenly all of them understand English in like 2 seconds, yeah I know the arc has been there a year and its possible some of the Angara have had run ins with milky way people so maybe a couple have learned English but not the entire city gawking at you as your being lead thru the city. You got a fucking computer in your head and your telling me they couldn't just have Sam translate for you?

Also them killing off your dad was shit. Hes got a computer in him that can change his physiology and your telling me he couldnt have had sam make him be able to hold his breath for 4 minutes? Or hell just swap the helmet back and forth a bit? Unless he held off an entire Khet army while he was waiting for a pickup he shouldn't be dead. And if he did they shoulda showed that.