Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Base ilvl of ToS really this high now?

Blue post: Tuning of tier 20 set bonuses, as well as the item level of Tomb of Sargeras raid gear, is ongoing, and adjustments will continue as we get closer to the raid’s opening. Item levels in particular will not be finalized until the raid’s release is imminent. However, to help avoid confusion, we’ll be applying a small hotfix that will increase the item level of Tomb of Sargeras raid gear by an additional 15 item levels so it’s at least closer to where we expect the final numbers to end up.

Raid Finder: 875 - 880 > 890 - 895
    Normal: 885 - 895 > 900 - 910
    Heroic: 900 - 910 > 915 - 925
    Mythic: 915 - 925 > 930 - 940

Base value climb per raid release (@Heroic):
    starting point: EN 865
    ToV 875: +1.1% increase
    NH 885: +1.1% from ToV
    new proposed ToS 915: +3.38% from NH (up from 905: +2.2%, which already was twice the jump as previous raid releases in Legion)

Im not sure what exactly this means but thoughts:
    1.) The entire idea of equipping 2p-T19 with 4p-T20 might be moot due to massive gulf in primary stat gain between base ilvl 890 T19 and ilvl 920 T20
    2.) ToS is far further off than imagined (June instead of April/May?) as this will render all prior raid content obsolete in terms of gearing (today's Heroic Guldan loot will literally be LFR drops in ToS)
    3.) There is another legendary item ilvl "Essence of Amun Thul" type quest in the works to raise the legendary ilvl to 980+

The first 3 instances were part of the same tier. The next raid tier should have larger gear jump than instances within the same tier.

Quote Originally Posted by SFBayGamer View Post
    2.) ToS is far further off than imagined (June instead of April/May?) as this will render all prior raid content obsolete in terms of gearing (today's Heroic Guldan loot will literally be LFR drops in ToS)
    June was already the expected ToS release for most people. Upon 7.2 launch we start an 11 week long quest, to unlock tomb, with an estimated 2 week catch up time after it. So 11-13 weeks after 7.2.

Aka release date of June 7th-June 21st.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    More inflation yay
    Wut? "How dare ilvls get higher as we progress further into the expansion, I want to remain the same strength the whole time!"

Quote Originally Posted by pay928 View Post
    The first 3 instances were part of the same tier. The next raid tier should have larger gear jump than instances within the same tier.
    actually you are right, T17-->T18 was an even bigger jump at 4.4% (same 30 ilvl+ but at lower starting ilvl).

That should have been a clue the original values they had were too low.

(I somehow missed the "3 month ToS unlock" thing, can someone copy paste or link that? thanks)

Deleted
    probably compensation for the awful tier set bonuses so you don't have to grind for titanforged t19

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    This is weird though cause it leaves world quest and dungeon gear in the dirt the moment ToS LFR becomes available. They just rebalanced dungeon gear
    But they are buffing dungeon gear. It's not that different from when Nighthold opened. I am also pretty sure we will get a 7.2.5 with class rebalance and other things (for example, Mythic+ going back up to +15 with loot instead of stopping at +10). They could also bump World Quests again a bit. There is still time for stuff like this. I do get your fears though, I also think loot from dungeons will again be "obsolete" when ToS releases. But yeah, let's see what they will do.

Deleted
    I look at this, a complaint that has been levied since the start of MMO's and just wonder why you bother. Are you new to the genre or something?

Blizzard trivialise old content all the time and have been doing it for over a decade now. Why do you think this is going to change? Who honestly cares about an iL.

I could understand you complaining about the ridiculous and unnecessary numbers for damage and health that the user interface cannot handle, but the iL? Christ, it's gear that you get to "progress" your character. It's called a Skinner Box. It's to make you play. They're not going to stop doing it because they want you to pay.

e: Sorry.. play*. They want you to play their game.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunaveil View Post
    I look at this, a complaint that has been levied since the start of MMO's and just wonder why you bother. Are you new to the genre or something?

Blizzard trivialise old content all the time and have been doing it for over a decade now. Why do you think this is going to change? Who honestly cares about an iL.

I could understand you complaining about the ridiculous and unnecessary numbers for damage and health that the user interface cannot handle, but the iL? Christ, it's gear that you get to "progress" your character. It's called a Skinner Box. It's to make you play. They're not going to stop doing it because they want you to pay.

e: Sorry.. play*. They want you to play their game.
    Im not complaining at all. Just wanted to clarify. My original whole plan of just re-running NH for weeks on end to get a titan forged this or that to keep for ToS is absolutely non-sense given the base ilvl is x2 the titan forged +15 range. Might as well get what I want from NH now @Base ilvl and then just do other stuff like lore quests, transmorg runs and pvp, which is great.

Deleted
    Im not complaining at all. Just wanted to clarify. My original whole plan of just re-running NH for weeks on end to get a titan forged this or that to keep for ToS is absolutely non-sense given the base ilvl is x2 the titan forged +15 range. Might as well get what I want from NH now @Base ilvl and then just do other stuff like lore quests, transmorg runs and pvp, which is great.
    You should always do that, once you have reached gear that allows you to participate in the content. Pro tip for the rest of WoW's life, gear is a tool for current content and then a reward for vanity. You'll probably only be disappointed if you farm out gear for an entire patch only to have it rendered unpalatable when the next patch arrives.

I think they jump to high and to fast, like i couldnt get to clear nh and now new set of raid is comming, and people require higher and higher ilvl for stuf. its shit.

Quote Originally Posted by valerimat View Post
    I think they jump to high and to fast, like i couldnt get to clear nh and now new set of raid is comming, and people require higher and higher ilvl for stuf. its shit.
    The new raid isn't coming for another 2 months or so, still plenty time to finish Nighthold.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    June was already the expected ToS release for most people. Upon 7.2 launch we start an 11 week long quest, to unlock tomb, with an estimated 2 week catch up time after it. So 11-13 weeks after 7.2.

Aka release date of June 7th-June 21st.

- - - Updated - - -

Wut? "How dare ilvls get higher as we progress further into the expansion, I want to remain the same strength the whole time!"
    Why not make it ilvl 400000 then! Look how strong you are. While inflation has gotten worse since cata, the Diablo 3 "big numbers hide shallow gameplay" devs are just going to make it worse

My opinion:

EN Normal: 865

ToV Normal: 870

NH Normal: 875-880

ToS Normal: 890-905

The Argus Raid: 915+

Heroic:

EN Heroic: 875

ToV Heroic: 885

NH Heroic: 895-900

ToS Heroic: 910-920+

Argus Raid Heroic: 925-935+

And last but not least, Mythic:

EN Mythic: 885

ToV Mythic: 895-905+

NH Mythic: 915-925+

ToS Mythic: 935+

Argus Raid Mythic: 950
    Last edited by TheFirstOnes; 2017-03-24 at 10:04 PM.

Why not make it ilvl 400000 then! Look how strong you are. While inflation has gotten worse since cata, the Diablo 3 "big numbers hide shallow gameplay" devs are just going to make it worse
    Again, dude what is your alternative? All ilvl gear the same through expansions? All whining and no realistic soloutions..

Sounds good to me, being a new tier and all. It would be shitty if you got a titanforged 925 piece in Nighthold and its better than ToS gear.
    Pally Collector, 785+ Mounts, 1740+ Pets, 715+ Toys, 34000+ achieves.

The problem I see though is that the optimal playstyle for multiple classes might be multiple tier set bonuses. I think for Frost dk it seems like taking t19 4pc and t20 2 pc with a CoF will be what we farm for... it's really lame if I'm begging my guild to go back and farm for tier and a trinket with the off chance that it manages to titanforge.

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    The problem I see though is that the optimal playstyle for multiple classes might be multiple tier set bonuses. I think for Frost dk it seems like taking t19 4pc and t20 2 pc with a CoF will be what we farm for... it's really lame if I'm begging my guild to go back and farm for tier and a trinket with the off chance that it manages to titanforge.
    Don't worry they'll just nerf the trinket specifically for your class just like they did with Demo Locks in MoP. (Even after they said they wouldn't really mind if we used that trinket for the rest of the expansion). RIP Unerring Vision of Lei Shen.

More inflation yay
    You're right, the gear should absolutely go down in ilvl

/roll eyes

Quote Originally Posted by Richardbro View Post
    Sounds good to me, being a new tier and all. It would be shitty if you got a titanforged 925 piece in Nighthold and its better than ToS gear.
    Yep, this, I'm happy they're addressing the issue, didn't want another TOV or BRF where they had to buff loot after raid opened because people were like "this shit isn't even an upgrade wtf".

No matter of all the AP and other stuff gear is still a primary sense of endgame character progression in WOW.