Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Abortion exists in general.
    More often than not to correct 'mistakes' in the child. and who cares right? It's the woman's body and she can do what she wants with it. Seems a little bit like eugenics to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zandro View Post
    I am a Republican and strong Christian, and let me just say -

NOTHING GOOD WILL EVER COME FROM RAPE. EVER. JUST STOP.
    Jesus did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seani View Post
    More often than not to correct 'mistakes' in the child. and who cares right? It's the woman's body and she can do what she wants with it. Seems a little bit like eugenics to me.
    got stats on that one? Is it birth control gone wild or is it eugenics? What the argument of the week?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    Jesus did.
    God raped mary?

10+ Year Old Account
    got stats on that one? Is it birth control gone wild or is it eugenics? What the argument of the week?

- - - Updated - - -

God raped mary?
    What, she's gonna say "No, I'm married?" This is the Old Testament God. He sicced bears on kids who made fun of a bald guy. It's like, when you're God, you can do whatever you want, grab em by the...
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

- - - Updated - - -

God raped mary?

Here is a good article with many different sources regarding the reasons a woman would have an abortion: http://www.johnstonsarchive.net/poli...abreasons.html

Less than 1% of abortions were because of incest/rape. Most common were unreadiness, social stigma, and financial reasons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here is a good article with many different sources regarding the reasons a woman would have an abortion: http://www.johnstonsarchive.net/poli...abreasons.html

Less than 1% of abortions were because of incest/rape. Most common were unreadiness, social stigma, and financial reasons.
    Cool

Eugenics as you describe it?

Cool

Eugenics as you describe it?
    It is Eugenics. Planned Parenthood was founded by a woman named Margaret Sanger. It isn't unreasonable to argue that the pro-choice movement is also a Eugenicists' movement.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Only good result from those would be if we castrated the guilty. But I do agree with the basic legislation's purpose.
    Another great example of leftists and eugenics.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Docturphil View Post
    Yeah and I mean it's kind of stupid anyways. How do you know the reason they're aborting is because of the abnormality in the first place? So we're protecting those with down's syndrome but not normal people? Dafuq?
    Down Syndrome isn't what they typically consider a major abnormality. I'm talking about situations where the kids are born with under-developed organs, or their heart out of their chest, or a dozen other messed up things that just involve bringing a dying, suffering, or struggling infant into the world with very little guarantee of their continued existence. All this does is force them to be in physical pain and distress and their parents to be in emotional pain as the life they were unwilling to bring into this world falls apart in front of them.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

God raped mary?
    I mean, kind of? He got her pregnant without her permission, so...

10+ Year Old Account
    It is Eugenics. Planned Parenthood was founded by a woman named Margaret Sanger. It isn't unreasonable to argue that the pro-choice movement is also a Eugenicists' movement.

- - - Updated - - -

Another great example of leftists and eugenics.
    So the founder is responsible for how it is today?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    Down Syndrome isn't what they typically consider a major abnormality. I'm talking about situations where the kids are born with under-developed organs, or their heart out of their chest, or a dozen other messed up things that just involve bringing a dying, suffering, or struggling infant into the world with very little guarantee of their continued existence. All this does is force them to be in physical pain and distress and their parents to be in emotional pain as the life they were unwilling to bring into this world falls apart in front of them.

- - - Updated - - -

what a fantastic culture

Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Women don't need a reason to get an abortion in western society. It doesn't matter if the child has a major or minor abnormality, and more often than not the child is perfectly healthy when they give the abortion. (http://www.johnstonsarchive.net/poli...abreasons.html) So lets not try to mask this pro-choice argument in rhetoric that we are ultimately doing what's best for the child. It's ultimately about the parent not wanting to take responsibility or accountability for their life choices.

- - - Updated - - -

So the founder is responsible for how it is today?

- - - Updated - - -
    It's reasonable to assume that planned parenthood has/had similar goals to Margaret Sanger. At the very least it would be a cause for concern that your founder was a racist and a eugenicist. Hitler was likely influenced by Margaret Sanger as she came well before the Third Reich in Germany.
    Last edited by Seani; 2017-03-24 at 11:30 PM.

No woman should be forced to bear the child of her rapist. That's fucking terrible. "We don't know much about the kid except that half of his genes came from the man who raped you". Sounds terrific. Lawmaker seems to have uncovered part of the hypocrisy of religion but not all of it (as has been laid out by other people here) and his peers seem uncomfortable with what he is saying (that God essentially willed or allowed the rape to occur).

That said idk wtf is up with these lawmakers in OK. Everything I hear out of there is awful. Getting a tattoo wasn't even legal there until ~mid 00s I believe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Women don't need a reason to get an abortion in western society. It doesn't matter if the child has a major or minor abnormality, and more often than not the child is perfectly healthy when they give the abortion. So lets not try to mask this pro-choice argument in rhetoric that we are ultimately doing what's best for the child. It's ultimately about the parent not wanting to take responsibility or accountability for their life choices.

- - - Updated - - -

It's reasonable to assume that planned parenthood has/had similar goals to Margaret Sanger. At the very least it would be a cause for concern that your founder was a racist and a eugenicist. Hitler was likely influenced by Margaret Sanger as she came well before the Third Reich in Germany.
    Should I be concerned that Ford was a Nazi sympathizer? How about all the Japanese car companies that made the Japanese military vehicles in WW2?

Should I be concerned that Ford was a Nazi sympathizer? How about all the Japanese car companies that made the Japanese military vehicles in WW2?
    Again, at the very least it's a cause for concern. A private car manufacturing company is different from Planned Parenthood that is financed publicly. There was a previous article about de-funding Planned Parenthood that you argued strongly against as I remember.
    Last edited by Seani; 2017-03-24 at 11:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Again, at the very least it's a cause for concern. A private car manufacturing company is different from Planned Parenthood that is financed publicly.
    So a car company that much earlier in history made war vehicles is also at least a cause for concern?

Quote Originally Posted by elaina View Post
    No woman should be forced to bear the child of her rapist. That's fucking terrible.
    Agree 100%. Its even worse when they're specifically including genetic abnormalities as a consequence of incestuous rape.

Oddly enough, even though I disagree with his conclusion (namely: the whole @!#$ing bill), I don't disagree with the reasoning.

For a monotheistic faith, you have to accept the paradoxical nature that good & bad events both come from a singular divine will.

My conclusion though, would be that the test of faith would be on the person going through the trials, and NOT on anyone else to force their preconceived notions of what the right course of action should be. If the rape victim feels she's strong enough to bear and raise the child, then so be it. If not, that as well. Only a demon would shame & blame someone placed into a choice like that.

Worst part about it though, is that I'm sure there's a few politicians that voted for this not out of any personal morality, but because they did it out of professional self-interest. I have more respect for the idealist that feels he's doing whats right, then for the pragmatist that feels he'll get the most benefit from this, right or wrong.

So a car company that much earlier in history made war vehicles is also at least a cause for concern?
    Sure it's a cause for concern. Do I pay taxes to Ford Motors? No! Tax Dollars do finance Planned Parenthood which makes this an issue for concern.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure it's a cause for concern. Do I pay taxes to Ford Motors? No! Tax Dollars do finance Planned Parenthood which makes this an issue for concern, and something that was debated quite extensively in a previous thread.
    kinda do

remember the auto bailout?

kinda do

remember the auto bailout?
    Now we are comparing apples to oranges. Planned Parenthood is a publicly funded non-profit. It is completely tax exempt because of this. It's debatable whether Ford accepted government money in a bailout. When we were discussing the article about de-funding Planned Parenthood, you seemed to be very strongly opposed to that idea. I feel like if you support policy that finances Planned Parenthood, you should be able to form a cohesive argument about why it requires my tax dollars. Let's stay on topic here.
    Last edited by Seani; 2017-03-24 at 11:54 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    While I don't agree with or like his view, it's quite a natural one for a christian to have. If God is all-knowing and all-powerful, and everything is a part of his plan, then rape is a part of his plan.

I don't know why he'd be against abortion though. If the rape is god's will then surely so is the abortion the woman has afterwards...

10+ Year Old Account
    Now we are comparing apples to oranges. Planned Parenthood is a publicly funded non-profit. It is completely tax exempt because of this. It's debatable whether Ford accepted government money in a bailout. I feel like if you support policy that finances Planned Parenthood, you should be able to form a cohesive argument about why it requires my tax dollars. Lets stay on topic here.
    Planned parenthood provides necessary health services to low income people (or higher income) and abortion is hardly a fraction of the costs. Tax dollars go to shit you dont want all the time. Im sick of the M.E wars, but lo and behold!