Page 51 of 139 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well a China TW game has the same problem Shogun has, that all the factions use the same units mostly, but I don't know much about Chinese history tho

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sinilaid View Post
    Well a China TW game has the same problem Shogun has, that all the factions use the same units mostly, but I don't know much about Chinese history tho

And after Warhammer, that is going to suck.
    The different races, units and playstyles is the best thing they've ever done in a TW game.

I wounder how Lizard men will work, don't they only have like 8 temples in lore and use teleporters?
    Last edited by Ilikegreenfire; 2017-03-25 at 03:14 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilikegreenfire View Post
    I wounder how Lizard men will work, don't they only have like 8 temples in lore and use teleporters?
    I don't know how many temples they have, but perhaps the teleportation could be incorporated into their unique faction mechanic, perhaps having to gather some sort of resource other than gold to teleport armies or units, something like that would be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    I don't know how many temples they have, but perhaps the teleportation could be incorporated into their unique faction mechanic, perhaps having to gather some sort of resource other than gold to teleport armies or units, something like that would be cool.
    instant global recruitment would work for the teleporter, and balence the fact they have few settlements i guess.

Chelly
    I do hope that whatever future title they are about to reveal actually makes mid- and late-game fun. Right now it's been a chore with pretty much all TW titles due to the huge amount of settlements and armies you end up with.

Today is the day, obviously going to be lustria with lizardmen atleast going after that screen on the homepage with the countdown timer, jungles and temples, unless it's the next historical total war with aztecs and mayan etc

Im guessing lizardmen, high and dark elves and perhaps some skaven or daemons of chaos or the different god devotions.

Though that would leave some of the less popular races for the last game so maby not so good for sales, i would leave either the high/dark elves or skaven for part 3.

10+ Year Old Account
    8 mins

Nice little hint at the end for the (hopefully) 4th race.

Skaven will probably be in this judging from the steam page it says;

"Meanwhile a fourth, secretive race stirs, their motives obscured by sinister plots and machinations. The time for revelation is nigh…

Four races, four outcomes, a single goal: control of the Great Vortex, for good or ill."

Not to mention the rat at the end anyway.

7+ Year Old Account
    Considering you can combine Total Warhammer (I call it that) and Total Warhammer 2 on the grand campaign... those games will take even more forever!

Hyped as fuck, loved the trailer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well according to the steam page the Southlands will be in the game as well and the Tomb Kings are in the Southland, so Tomb Kings pre-order bonus confirmed?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well according to the steam page the Southlands will be in the game as well and the Tomb Kings are in the Southland, so Tomb Kings pre-order bonus confirmed?
    Oh god. I hope so.

So will this game only start with 4 races, or all the races from TWH + the new ones?

The high elves look epic AF btw.

Chelly
    Shortly after launch, owners of both the original game and Total War™ WARHAMMER II will gain access to the colossal new combined campaign. Merging the landmasses of The Old World plus Naggaroth, Lustria, Ulthuan and the Southlands into a single epic map, players may embark on monumental campaigns as any owned Race from both titles.
    Coolio. Looking forward to that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post
    Considering you can combine Total Warhammer (I call it that) and Total Warhammer 2 on the grand campaign... those games will take even more forever!
    Annnnnnnnnnd, I just jizzed in my pants.

10+ Year Old Account
    They should have done a game cinematic, that CG was pretty bad, still looking forward to the game though.

So many people buttmad that its not history... CA literally said they were going to rapid fire this trilogy back when they started :P

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    They should have done a game cinematic, that CG was pretty bad, still looking forward to the game though.

So many people buttmad that its not history... CA literally said they were going to rapid fire this trilogy back when they started :P
    Yeah and im pretty sure they are working on a historical title to atm just different teams.

Yeah, I had to read that a few times before I noticed the Southlands mentioned. TK was my army of choice in 7th Ed, though not as big a fan in 8th, but I'm really looking froward to them. I'm also hoping they have a Southlands Lizardman army that is focused more on Skinks (again, a 7th Ed "back of the book" roster).

Tomb Kings as preorder would piss people as much as Chaos did, Vampire Coast and Luthor Harkon would probably be better/less infuriating, also brings a taste of Vampire Counts to people who don't have 1st game. I don't think we're getting all 4 major Skaven clans, Pestilens will probably be baseline with some specialized units from other clans, while we'll be probably getting expanded Moulder, Eshin and Skyre as DLC.