Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    So I finished the novel Naoko. I'd rate it a fairly solid 8/10.

It's the story of Heisuke, and how his wife and daughter were in a tragic bus accident. The wife died, but the daughter survived though she remained in a coma. When the daughter wakes up, his wife, Naoko, was alive inside the daughter's body. From there, it follows the struggles of how Heisuke and Naoko were supposed to live as husband and wife while she lived inside their daughter's body.

This book gets a little uncomfortable to read at times, almost reminiscent of Boku wa Mari no Naka. The ending... I'm a little conflicted about. I think it was a good ending and it was almost predictable up until the end actually happened. I feel satisfied with everything, even though it felt a little disjointed with a couple of the time skips. The last few chapters felt a little rushed, and at the same time some parts felt stretched.

I'd recommend this novel to anybody that enjoys stuff that makes them feel like shit at times. I think Boku wa Mari fans would enjoy this.
    My copy actually finally arrived week ago or so but haven't managed to start it yet. Definitely going to read it at some point.

I'm pleasantly surprised at the kind of book it ended up being. I still need time to digest the ending. I'll probably reread the last quarter of it in a few days.

Worth the money, though. Think I learned a few new tricks for writing, too.

Quote Originally Posted by goriq View Post
    You gave Shinsekai Yori a 10, that makes me happy. Why do you not rate most of the things that you've watched?
    What did you think of Casshern Sins? It's been on my PTW for a long time and I heard it's supposed to share some similarities with Serial Experiments Lain, which is why it's on my PTW in the first place.
    Also, please, do yourself a favor and don't watch Mayoiga.
    I really liked how Shinsekai Yori's introduction to world was structured and the narrator's hints throughout the episodes kept me on edge. The thing that made me depressed was the end Maria and Mamoru met (or rather the way it probably happened). Combine it with slightly higher dose of caffeine that evening and there's me unable to fall asleep for 2 hours longer than usual and just thinking. :S

I know the way I score (or lack thereof) is kinda weird, yeah. It's a kind of a personal note I either really enjoyed the show and would recommend it to anyone or suffered through the show, because even if it sucks, I'm still too curious about it's end to drop it. The unrated majority consists of shows I thought were okay, but I don't really know what number should I slap on it. I'm easily influenced by reviews and mean scores so I rather don't do it at all. I'd make a horrible reviewer

Casshern is one of those "okay". I think the pacing was a little bit too slow and I enjoyed the 2nd half more than the first as the plot got some kind of a course. Both visuals and soundtrack were the strongest parts of the show for me and I felt characters were sometimes too inconsistent, but admitedly that's part of the psychological aspect of the show. Personally I think it's closer to Ergo Proxy rather than Lain.

About Mayoiga... yeah I added it last spring based on the synopsis before it aired and found out how it fared last week. I was about to remove it but then there I saw that one review that says it wasn't nearly as bad. It surely isn't high on the priority list though, if I ever watch it.

Thank you all for responses, for now I'll probably open the pandora's box and watch some K-on (sorry @Schirmy :S), but I made bookmarks for all of them

10+ Year Old Account
    Watching SSY is the requirement for posting here.

@Simplex: It's more a joke than anything, watch what you like, bro. I'll love you either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Artorius View Post
    Watching SSY is the requirement for posting here.
    Phew, so I just barely qualified
    Quote Originally Posted by Schirmy View Post
    @Simplex: It's more a joke than anything, watch what you like, bro. I'll love you either way.
    <3

Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    Did he sex the daughter?
    they considered it more than once

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Simplex View Post
    I'll probably open the pandora's box and watch some K-on
    Truly an enlightened decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Suicidal Panda View Post
    RIP Konosuba.
    But why

I also saw something on the subreddit after this about hearing there isn't going to be a season 3, but where is the source?

I'm gonna go look again to see if I missed something.

Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    Probably sold like ass because of Jap taste
    All that matters is my opinion though, and it was great.
    Ergo, make more.

That's how this works, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Dittoooo View Post
    What do you guys think about the Hellsing anime?...
    That about sums up my experience with it. Hellsing original is a pretty solid show for the first half. I really liked the emphasis on Seras and her conflicts with becoming a vampire, and was disappointed when that element petered out in favor of simply having a confused final showdown. Then Ultimate is just that final showdown from start to finish, albeit with much better animation and more coherent story. But still just a spectacle.

Quote Originally Posted by goriq View Post
    It's a bit sad that this anime is so underappreciated around here and I hope some of you will take the time to watch it.

8/10
    I'm probably going to pick it up and blow through all of S2 at some point. Just need to get over that initial "activation energy" to get it going.

10+ Year Old Account
    2nd Owarimono summer hype.

Guess I'm watching this shit now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fairy Tail made me cry over the feelings of an inanimate doll.

I think I might be broken.

10+ Year Old Account
    It becomes!
    https://twitter.com/animatetimes/sta...251584/photo/1

Also book 6 should be coming in... whenever blue reflection gets released (ship many things together).

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    2nd Owarimono summer hype.
    This is now Owari hype thread.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    Guess I'm watching this shit now.

[video=youtube;YO7n_qaQJUA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YO7n_qaQJUA[video]
    holy fuck thank you for posting this

she is my wife now

- - - Updated - - -

oh my god she is the greatest

- - - Updated - - -

in the year 20XX youtube will be nothing but digital waifu channels

i didn't notice it in the other videos but after this one she definitely sounds familiar, i'm pretty certain she's voiced anime before but i can't place a name

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    If you're going to stay here put this guy and Epuration on ignore.

Your life will be better for it.
    wow. rude.

15+ Year Old Account

umineko chapter 5 first twilight genji, natsuhi, and krauss grabbed kinzo's dead (decaying??) corpse. they manipulated the letter into his hands somehow without touching it themselves. the letter was then placed there by kinzo. they then had kinzo knock on the door with his dead hands

nobody in the mansion knocked or placed the letter, but kinzo is dead and therefore doesn't count as a person. but it also doesn't count as the trio placing the letter/knocking as kinzo still 'existed' in the minds of the everyone in the conference or some shit like that

Q.E.D i'm a genius, you suck erika

Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/iFjloSl.jpg[IMG]

umineko chapter 5 first twilight genji, natsuhi, and krauss grabbed kinzo's dead (decaying??) corpse. they manipulated the letter into his hands somehow without touching it themselves. the letter was then placed there by kinzo. they then had kinzo knock on the door with his dead hands

nobody in the mansion knocked or placed the letter, but kinzo is dead and therefore doesn't count as a person. but it also doesn't count as the trio placing the letter/knocking as kinzo still 'existed' in the minds of the everyone in the conference or some shit like that

Q.E.D i'm a genius, you suck erika
    I laughed more than I should have. Q.E.D indeed. Little bombs tier genious there.

10+ Year Old Account
    P.A. Works to Produce 'Uma Musume: Pretty Derby' Anime Project

The Cygames booth at AnimeJapan 2017 has revealed that studio P.A. Works will produce an anime project titled Uma Musume: Pretty Derby, along with Lantis and TOHO Animation. The event was attended by the voice actresses of the game. More information regarding the anime will be revealed at a later date.

Game Cast
    Special Week: Azumi Waki (Oshiete! Galko-chan)
    Silence Suzuka: Marika Kouno (Sore ga Seiyuu!)
    Tokai Teio: Machico (Sansha Sanyou)
    Fujikiseki: Eriko Matsui (Mikakunin de Shinkoukei)
    Oguri Cap: Tomoyo Takayanagi (Nobunaga Concerto)

The Uma Musume: Pretty Derby project expands from a web comic, game, and music CDs. A minute-long promotional video was released last March to showcase their upcoming game.

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1601721

Original Anime 'Robomasters The Animated Series' Announced

An original anime titled Robomasters The Animated Series has been announced through its official website. The announcement also included cast and staff members, as well as theme song performances. The anime itself will be based on a robot manufacturing competition held by Chinese university students, and is a collaboration between a Chinese manufacturing company and Japanese studios. A set of promotional videos were also released.
    https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1601643

Smartphone Game 'Sengoku Night Blood' Gets TV Anime for Fall 2017

Set in the flourish world of Jinga that was formerly a prosperous and peaceful realm, the female protagonist is deemed to be the key to bring back order and to rule this world. Chaos started when people, specifically soldiers, who has special powers like turning into a vampire and a manwolf, called the Getsugazoku, fight for their land. These soldiers of different species would put their life on the line and fight as they follow their own thoughts and ideals. Until one day, she was called by a mysterious lady named "Hime Miko" due to the protagonist's blood bearing a mysterious power to give strength, healing, and to awake Jingazoku's real form. This is a story of love and war that she must not miss in order to rule the world.
    https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1601735

HoneyWorks-Inspired 'Kokuhaku Jikkou Iinkai' Project Announced TV Anime Special

The official Twitter account of Gom of HoneyWorks has announced that the Kokuhaku Jikkou Iinkai project will get a TV anime special. The tweet does not explicitly state whether it will be a TV broadcast remake or a TV screening of the movie. More information regarding the anime special will be announced at a later date.
    https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1601739

Webcomic 'PARK Harajuku: Crisis Team!' Inspires 'Urahara' Anime

Several years from now, the great cities of the world will be destroyed by creatures from another planet. Their next target is…Tokyo’s famed Harajuku district! Only a trio of treasure-seeking shop girls can hope to save the day. But first, do they have what it takes to become members of the PARK Harajuku: Crisis Team?
    https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1601750

Light novel 'Hatena☆Illusion' Receives Anime Adaptation

The series centers on Makoto Shiranui, a boy who travels to Tokyo seeking to become the apprentice of Mamoru Hoshisato, a world-famous magician and friend of his parents. Ever since he had watched a show by Mamoru and his wife Maive, he had dreamed of being a magician. Their daughter Kana (nicknamed Hatena) has been Makoto's friend since childhood. Even though Tokyo has had a rash of burglaries by a beautiful woman thief, Makoto can rest easy as long as Hatena is there. When he arrives at the Hoshisato residence, a haunted mansion, the family butler Jeeves and the maid Emma greet him, and he is reunited with Hatena, only to find out that they don't really get along now.
    https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1601754

Original CG Anime 'Soutai Sekai' Announced

"Beyond my world of despair, there is hope."

The story is set in the year 2020 in Japan. Shin Hazama encountered his other “self," who walks a different life from another Japan. The everyday life which they thought would be perpetual, altered, as their life crackle away. What will the boys and girls desire and choose? A fight against another self in another world begins.
    https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1601769