Quote Originally Posted by spaceape View Post
    They removed it's interaction with Haste removing any real AE burst potential.
    I'm curious why they can't keep the 8s duration for Stellar Drift while also making SF keep its Haste for DoT Tick components. Making it not even scale with Haste at all seems stupid since that's another spell that just doesn't benefit from one of our best stats.

Btw here's a list of our stats that don't affect certain abilities:

- Mastery: Moon spells, Solar Wrath and Lunar Strike [when unempowered; most of your SW though few-to-none of your LS should be unempowered] Moonfire Sunfire Stellar Flare [Talent] (All 3 only not during Starfall; they do benefit from Mastery during Starfall), Shooting Stars Damage [Talent], Fury of Elune [Talent]
    - Haste: Starsurge, Starfall (7.2)
    - All: Force of Nature [Talent]

Also unsure about Haste interactions with Fury of Elune regarding AsP consumption and DoT Ticks. Too lazy to check for myself.

Idk, just seems a bit weird to add yet another spell to this list overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Nijurez View Post
    Hello I had a relic question.
    Is it worth putting the Scythe of the Stars > 3ilvl relic,, rule in place if we don't have much crit. Would we really make use of it and is there a sweet spot for crit?

On single-target fights, yes, Scythe is worth ~0.2% more DPS.
    Scroll down 1 page to see the relics value

Edit: Stupid MMO-C, dunno why it does shit like this double quote bullcrap.
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2017-03-23 at 02:57 PM.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Matchu View Post
    If you're looking at the log, you can see the equipped gear like so. Otherwise you need his armoury, his is in his signature so check your settings.
    I can see everyone else's signature except his. Strange.

Quote Originally Posted by Myztikrice View Post
    I can see everyone else's signature except his. Strange.
    You must be this tall to view my signature.

lol

so cloak of shame was nerfed now they announce you can't get nightbane mythic + loot.....so no Ethereal Urn

so basically guess i will never be going there

Quote Originally Posted by spaceape View Post
    Starfall buff?

They removed it's interaction with Haste removing any real AE burst potential.
    They removed the part where Haste shortens your Stellar Empowerment, making it weaker. Damage is unchanged. Haste still lets you cast more Starfalls.
    The only time we get weaker is when adds live less than 9 seconds, and we're no good in those cases anyway, so it doesn't really matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Btw here's a list of our stats that don't affect certain abilities:

- Mastery: Moon spells, Solar Wrath and Lunar Strike [when unempowered; most of your SW though few-to-none of your LS should be unempowered] Moonfire Sunfire Stellar Flare [Talent] (All 3 only not during Starfall; they do benefit from Mastery during Starfall), Shooting Stars Damage [Talent], Fury of Elune [Talent]
    - Haste: Starsurge, Starfall (7.2)

Also unsure about Haste interactions with Fury of Elune regarding AsP consumption and DoT Ticks. Too lazy to check for myself.
    Mastery is tuned for not affecting those spells. Few classes have everything affected by their mastery, and they get vastly lower % per point. Haste lets you cast more SS/Starfalls in the same timeframe(by letting you generate more AP), so they are affected by it. It also still reduces GCD.
    FoN is affected by all stats except mastery. Even stamina.

FoE is actually the odd one out, since due to it's mechanics it actually scales slightly negatively with haste(as it increases AP consumption speed), does not benefit at all from mastery and only gets improved by crit and versatility. One of the reasons nobody uses it.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm curious why they can't keep the 8s duration for Stellar Drift while also making SF keep its Haste for DoT Tick components. Making it not even scale with Haste at all seems stupid since that's another spell that just doesn't benefit from one of our best stats.

Are you certain about that one? I seem to recall reading somewhere that the Treants inherit your Haste, Critical Strike and Versatility for their duration. Might have been a post from Cyous earlier in this thread...?

Does anyone know if there is a point where we have too much haste? Currently I will have a cast speed of 0.4 - 0.5 on my wrath which I know they made the GCD 7.5? but is it a dps loss and if so do I need to start getting less haste or possibly swap neck enchant to something other than claw? Thanks

I'm asking because I don't want to gimp damage due to cutting gcd or wrath (not sure if that still matters, I know that use to be a thing.)

I have a metronome 895 and a 900 Whispers in the Dark. I feel like I could swap to trained soldier (maybe hidden saytr? I don't know if its still good.)

Starfall still scales with haste just in a different way. You get more empowered ticks during a single starfall.

Also, last I checked FoN scales with haste (and crit/versa?, not sure on that part).

Does anyone know if there is a point where we have too much haste? Currently I will have a cast speed of 0.4 - 0.5 on my wrath which I know they made the GCD 7.5? but is it a dps loss and if so do I need to start getting less haste or possibly swap neck enchant to something other than claw? Thanks

I'm asking because I don't want to gimp damage due to cutting gcd or wrath (not sure if that still matters, I know that use to be a thing.)

I have a metronome 895 and a 900 Whispers in the Dark. I feel like I could swap to trained soldier (maybe hidden saytr? I don't know if its still good.)
    Unless your Wrath cast is faster than your GCD (which i don't think is statistically possible at this gear level) haste will still be your most favorable stat.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyepic View Post
    Unless your Wrath cast is faster than your GCD (which i don't think is statistically possible at this gear level) haste will still be your most favorable stat.
    If 895 Metronome and 900 Whisper proc at the same time with already high base haste, it could be possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    If 895 Metronome and 900 Whisper proc at the same time with already high base haste, it could be possible.
    I have a base haste of 31.58, a 905 metronome and a 925 whispers. I guess I could test it later today and see. When i used to play around with my 905 Whispers i never felt like my casts were too fast. But maybe that's because Whispers only proc'd once every 24 hours.

I would find it rather ironic since at the beginning of Nightold when stats on gear were first released everyone was worried we wouldn't have enough haste to reach the 30% ED breakpoint and now we're like "nooooo too much haste!"
    Last edited by Skyepic; 2017-03-24 at 02:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyepic View Post
    Zerujin-Bleeding Hollow I have 920 Guldan ring with IFE plus Prydaz with Mark of claw and 900 whispers 895 metronome. I think I can cut the GCD with those procs, thats not including if BL/Hero is popped at beginning of fight. Also factoring in the haste gains from Incarn too I guess.

^ So with that in mind, it happens quite a bit, but I wasnt sure if it mattered because it only happens during my opener, I didn't know if it would be greatly hurting my damage. This is one thing I was worried about so I wanted to get some answer on it and I really appreciate the responses.

EDIT: Might be Zeru-chromaggus still
    Last edited by Nijurez; 2017-03-24 at 02:24 PM. Reason: Just transfered character.

15+ Year Old Account
    For some time now I'm having a mechanical issue with multidotting. I'm using tidy plates and have nameplates set to stacking. Yet, when mobs are or I am moving, I misclick a lot making my target switching not optimal. How do you guys deal with it?

Zerujin-Bleeding Hollow I have 920 Guldan ring with IFE plus Prydaz with Mark of claw and 900 whispers 895 metronome. I think I can cut the GCD with those procs, thats not including if BL/Hero is popped at beginning of fight. Also factoring in the haste gains from Incarn too I guess.

^ So with that in mind, it happens quite a bit, but I wasnt sure if it mattered because it only happens during my opener, I didn't know if it would be greatly hurting my damage. This is one thing I was worried about so I wanted to get some answer on it and I really appreciate the responses.

EDIT: Might be Zeru-chromaggus still
    Even if it does happen, it's so rare that it isn't worth basing your gearing strategy on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilija View Post
    For some time now I'm having a mechanical issue with multidotting. I'm using tidy plates and have nameplates set to stacking. Yet, when mobs are or I am moving, I misclick a lot making my target switching not optimal. How do you guys deal with it?
    I stopped using tidy plates and swapped to plater. It gives you way more options to adjust how quickly name plates move, how much padding between them, how high up they go.

What will be our best legendary items when 7.2 comes? Promise of Elune + IFE?
    Last edited by markos82; 2017-03-24 at 09:13 PM.

In 7.2, your current 54 traits will only get you around 4 traits. Which ones should we be getting? 35 is obvious and so is 36. My thoughts are to spend the next two points to get 6% damage boost to starfall (light of the evening star). Alternatively, we would spend the 2 points to get +6% crit for starsurge (scythe of the stars) and +5% damage for solar wrath (solar stabbing).

Napkin math would indicate that for ST the 2nd option comes up stronger but is competitive for the first option because you use solar wrath alot as a filler for AoE. The first option only increases our AoE and nothing else. Considering starfall is being nerfed. I'm not sure boosting starfall is going to net us any benefit at all.

Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    What will be our best legendary items when 7.2 comes? Promise of Elune + IFE?
    I wonder how you came to this conclusion. Even buffed PoE will give about 2.5% on single target, which is less than 5% that EDC gives. In AoE situation PoE will be much worse, thus OI/LotC are still better.

Another set of class changes, these pvp related:

Enemy players can now see the radius of Starfall while active.
    • Moonfire, Sunfire, and Starfall now deal 50% less periodic damage to player targets.
    • Solar Wrath now deals 40% more damage to player targets.
    • Shooting Stars grants 2 Astral Power on player targets (was 4 Astral Power)
    • Dying Stars restores 3 Astral Power (was 8 Astral Power)
    • Intellect increased by 15%.

Quote Originally Posted by Matchu View Post
    Another set of class changes, these pvp related:

Enemy players can now see the radius of Starfall while active.
    • Moonfire, Sunfire, and Starfall now deal 50% less periodic damage to player targets.
    • Solar Wrath now deals 40% more damage to player targets.
    • Shooting Stars grants 2 Astral Power on player targets (was 4 Astral Power)
    • Dying Stars restores 3 Astral Power (was 8 Astral Power)
    • Intellect increased by 15%.
    Great so more damage moved to spells, i cant even get a cast off of......

good thing i gave up pvp on moonkin

oh feral got buffed....might be time to get a few trinkets and ledgendaries for Kat on few fights.

Looks like this was the Squeeky wheel buff patch