Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Sargeras cocooned himself into argus

I know this is a long shot theory but i have been thinking about it ever since i saw the 7.2 patch trailer and if you look at this picture

it does seem that something or someone open the planet in half and cocooned inside, also what Kj said "i payed this destiny with my world" the fact that he is floating around with a ship and not sitting in argus probably means that he cant or he is staying away from the planet because sargeras is forming inside

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If Sargeras was INSIDE the world, he would not be talking to him on a legion communicator. Not even when he pointed to his world. He would then move his body to the world and utter those words at Sargeras, which would be Argus... but it's not.

Also, it's been stated that Sargeras still has his body...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MickM View Post
    If Sargeras was INSIDE the world, he would not be talking to him on a legion communicator. Not even when he pointed to his world. He would then move his body to the world and utter those words at Sargeras, which would be Argus... but it's not.

where has it been stated
    also really? i dont think so, its not like sargeras would be able to hear him, imagine if an ant like 10 feet from you spoke, would you be able to hear him?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

His body is just chilling out somewhere. It just takes forever to travel the universe by titan ways. He is too powerful to be summoned by normal means so he sends his soul and helps the legion when needed.

Going inside the world might be a similar experience to going into deepholme, cutting direct physical communication. Also, maybe kil'jaeden can't yell loud enough for it to reach another planet through the empty of space.

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    where has it been stated
    also really? i dont think so, its not like sargeras would be able to hear him, imagine if an ant like 10 feet from you spoke, would you be able to hear him?
    The wording has been vague; at best it's been said that he was banished to the Twisting Nether.
    I'm of the opinion that he's there, but he still has his body and it's easier for him to just be there to empower his Legion than to jump from planet to planet himself. As powerful as he and the Titans are, they can't be in two places at once (instead making constructs, projecting into avatars, etc).

Hm, demons don't die unless killed in the Twisting Nether, and eventually recover their body.

Titans are born from world-souls. We don't exactly know how, but at some point they leave the planet and become a massive humanoid made of space, possibly destroying their planet-egg.

I wonder if a dead fel titan (or his Burning Legion) can turn a world into a fel world-soul and use it to recover his body.

It's an interesting idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Will he have butterfly wings when he pops out ?

I'm pretty much sold to this theory. Illidan might be looking to blow up Argus the way he did Nathreza to get rid of Sargeras. Also as someone mentioned in another topic, Guldan tried to put Sargeras' soul into Illidan. During the cutscene, we see Argus through the portal that Gul'dan conjured.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Hm, demons don't die unless killed in the Twisting Nether, and eventually recover their body.

Titans are born from world-souls. We don't exactly know how, but at some point they leave the planet and become a massive humanoid made of space, possibly destroying their planet-egg.

I wonder if a dead fel titan (or his Burning Legion) can turn a world into a fel world-soul and use it to recover his body.

It's an interesting idea.
    It's been stated that demons can regenerate in the nether, usually taking a while, but it's also been shown that with the help of others, like KJ, demons can come back extremely fast.

Sargeras seems to have been without his body for some time, maybe believing it would take too long to regenerate normally, until he failed over and over(Avatar, Aegwyn, Medihv and now Illidan) and maybe now decided to screw it and just use Legion HQ to reform himself. This could actually be why KJ is expressing his "my world".

Deleted
    definately, this is what I think and what I think is right. also probably he will become the weapon of the Void Lords. he gave them grat opening by becoming baby planet spirit. exactly what VL like.

I think Sargeras may be using Argus as a place to rebuild his world soul as well. If Titans rebuilding themselves works that way, Argus would be the most secure planet he would have available to do it. Purely speculation of course.

If Sargeras was INSIDE the world, he would not be talking to him on a legion communicator.
    I don't know either way, but this comment is pure speculation as well. It wasn't even a Legion communicator as far as I could tell. Those show spectral images, like the Arch toy or the quest in SMV. Sargeras was a disembodied voice in some fire.

And if it was a legion communicator, then you kind of just proved he doesn't have body?
    Last edited by iamthedevil; 2017-03-24 at 11:34 PM.

Sargeras' spirit inhabited Argus after WOTA portal destroyed his original body. Blizz has been dropping hints throughout the entire expansion.

-Approaching the Tomb portal as an Alliance during the Broken Shore scenario kills you immediately with the flavor text noting that Sargeras' presence is overwhelming
    - Gul'dan later mentions in the Destro Lock artifact chain that the portal to the other side leads to Argus meaning that Sargeras must be somewhere near Argus if the portal leads to it and he is close enough to kill you with his presence
    - this is further emphasized in the Nighthold. The entire purpose of the ritual was to place Sargeras' spirit into Illidan meaning that the portal had to be for Sargeras' spirit to enter through. Yet if you pause right at the scene with the portal closing in Gul'dan's death scene you only see a broken fel green planet which is undoubtedly Argus, Sargeras' is nowhere to be seen.
    - In the ToS trailer Kil'jaedan angrily emphasizes to Sargeras that he had to sacrifice his world. This could refer to it being fel bathed but could also refer to Sargeras now using it as his personal incubator. Once again, Sargeras is nowhere to be seen in the shot showing Argus which wouldn't make sense given the previous references unless he himself was now Argus.
    - This provides the means by which we kill him. As Illidan's original plan to destroy Argus was to open a plethora of portals and closing them to destroy Argus. This is how we beat Sargeras.

TLDR: Sargeras is Argus and we beat him by closing a portal on his ass

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ariz View Post
    Sargeras' spirit inhabited Argus after WOTA portal destroyed his original body. Blizz has been dropping hints throughout the entire expansion.

-Approaching the Tomb portal as an Alliance during the Broken Shore scenario kills you immediately with the flavor text noting that Sargeras' presence is overwhelming
    - Gul'dan later mentions in the Destro Lock artifact chain that the portal to the other side leads to Argus meaning that Sargeras must be somewhere near Argus if the portal leads to it and he is close enough to kill you with his presence
    - this is further emphasized in the Nighthold. The entire purpose of the ritual was to place Sargeras' spirit into Illidan meaning that the portal had to be for Sargeras' spirit to enter through. Yet if you pause right at the scene with the portal closing in Gul'dan's death scene you only see a broken fel green planet which is undoubtedly Argus, Sargeras' is nowhere to be seen.
    - In the ToS trailer Kil'jaedan angrily emphasizes to Sargeras that he had to sacrifice his world. This could refer to it being fel bathed but could also refer to Sargeras now using it as his personal incubator. Once again, Sargeras is nowhere to be seen in the shot showing Argus which wouldn't make sense given the previous references unless he himself was now Argus.
    - This provides the means by which we kill him. As Illidan's original plan to destroy Argus was to open a plethora of portals and closing them to destroy Argus. This is how we beat Sargeras.

TLDR: Sargeras is Argus and we beat him by closing a portal on his ass
    omg how the fuck are we gonna get to argus if he kills us with his mere presence

Sargeras never lost his body
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Deleted
    It's a great theory.

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper Zanjin View Post
    Sargeras never lost his body
    He did. /10char

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Will he have butterfly wings when he pops out ?
    Part of me thinks this is a Xenosaga reference

I don't think people understand....

In the chronicle, he was RIPPED back into the nether. It was never stated that his body got destroyed, nor was it stated that his body was perfectly fine. Here's my Opinion:

Sargeras was MAJORLY Damaged, he took his Spiritual Form out of his body, Placed his body, and his Spiritual side into Argus' core, the Body is in a Curled Ball Position, getting repaired inside of the core, while Sargeras is still around, as a Fel Spark like thing...

To me, it makes perfect sense for a TITAN! Besides, Sargeras hasn't yet SHOWN HIMSELF AT ALL!

He's even more sneaky with his appearances than Dr. Claw. No, Make that Most Anime Villains/Edgy heroes in general...

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    He did. /10char
    He did not.