Poll: Warcraft Tv Series

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account

Blizzard Expansion Cienamtic Into Tv Series

was messing around with blizzard cinematic videos, saw the WoD cinematic again, i just never get bored from it, it was welldone and epic.

hell it has the highest views compare to other wow channel uploads.

would you love to see blizzard create a large team for Warcraft Tv series at the Level of WoD cinematic?

would you pay to watch it?

I love each and every cinematic they have made, but most of all the Lich King one.
    If the series were of the same quality, I'd happily pay.

But realistically it would cost too much and take too much time.
    If you look at other sci-fi series, the special effects are kept to a minimum because they require so much. And I imagine the cinematics are somewhat the same.

7+ Year Old Account
    the issue is, do you know how long they spent working on the wod cinematic?

ones like this patch, they could maybe make a tv show out of (it would take alot of time and money) but on wod cinematic level? yeah no that took them so fucking long, like insane long times...
    the expansion cinematics are just that, and expansion cinematic, something that is 2 minutes long each 2+ years ish.
    the patch cinematics by a full huge cinematic team could possibly be a "tv show" but no fucking way could the expansion cinematics
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    the issue is, do you know how long they spent working on the wod cinematic?
    expanding the team could fix this you know, otherwise it would be the same with each series/cartoon/anime the world produce

but probably warcraft cinematic quality is top level

Quote Originally Posted by Teaon View Post
    expanding the team could fix this you know, otherwise it would be the same with each series/cartoon/anime the world produce

You can't always throw more people at a project and have it completed faster, at the same quality. Sure, it COULD fix the issue of time, but I don't see it as being very likely to.

Creating a television show of the same quality as their cinematics just doesn't seem feasible.

as long as it followed the actual lore and not some bullshit AU crap like the movie, i would watch every single episode.

10+ Year Old Account
    A 4-5 minute cinematic doesn't make a TV series. Have you seen the Warcraft movie?

Maybe not fully rendered cgi cinematics but I'd totally watch a 10 episode 7 min long mini-series with the ingame cinematics.

7+ Year Old Account
    If its anything like Zelda tv series count me out lol

A.) A bigger team means more money.

B.) I have dabbled a bit in CGI. If you know anything about CG, you would know that it would be expensive as hell rendering at the detail of Warcraft cinematics. Pixar has said that some of the more complex scenes can take over 30 hours to render one frame of animation. Now think about how detailed Blizzard's cinematics are. Now think about attempting to make an entire TV series. We currently don't have the technology to make something like that profitable.

Something like Ovarwatch would be more realistic, as it isn't as detailed.
    Last edited by Twilight Cultist; 2017-03-25 at 03:03 AM.

7+ Year Old Account

No, expanding the team would not be able to fix this
    think about it
    movies with graphics as good as the wod and legion expansion cinematics, those take years to make 2 hours

is there any tv shows with those levels of graphics all the way through?
    no because they would need to make 30 minutes a week, not 2 hours in 2 years...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    A 4-5 minute cinematic doesn't make a TV series. Have you seen the Warcraft movie?
    "Would you like a warcraft series with cinematic quality and would you pay for it?" Is what was asked, how is your response relevant to this?
    Cinematic quality =| cinematic duration.

Maybe not CGI because of that would realistically cost too much, but an animated series on Adult Swim or some premium channel like HBO or Encore would be great.

A show would actually be a great mechanism to introduce new lore, prelude to the introduction of in-game content and fill in gaps in lore or story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woop Woop View Post
    "Would you like a warcraft series with cinematic quality and would you pay for it?" Is what was asked, how is your response relevant to this?
    Cinematic quality =| cinematic duration.
    Making a 4-minute short that is all flash and barely any story does not indicate competency in being able to do a longer format. It looks pretty, but so did the Warcraft movie, which had a $160 million budget.

I always felt an animated series was the way to go for warcraft... a movie is good too, but i think a series is more vital and can do a much better job at bringing the world to mainstream

Just go all out and make a full length CGI film, sure it will take years to setup like Final Fantasy movies but in the end it'll be worth it. It's what WARCRAFT should've been IMO

At this stage it just isn't feasible at all to make a CGI TV series at that fidelity. That's just the reality right now. But also keep in mind if someone pitched Game of Thrones - as in the tv series we have now - back when Lord of the Rings came out, they would have told you that was impossible back then. So maybe a decade down the line we'll see where technology and the industry is at. I imagine if there was a TV show though, they would have live action humans again, because it's much cheaper to have live action actors where it makes sense.

That all said though, there has been rumblings of an Overwatch CGI tv series on something like Netflix. Overwatch's cartoony style is still a lot of work, but not as much as other series like Warcraft which are much more heavily detailed. Overwatch also doesn't really have to give a shit about the game because all of it's story is told outside of it. If Blizzard was to expand the CG animation department into film or television, this would be the most foresable first step.

was messing around with blizzard cinematic videos, saw the WoD cinematic again, i just never get bored from it, it was welldone and epic.

hell it has the highest views compare to other wow channel uploads.

would you love to see blizzard create a large team for Warcraft Tv series at the Level of WoD cinematic?

would you pay to watch it?
    I'm guessing their cost and development time is too prohibitive to do it as a weekly half hour or something. But, yeah, they are all basically fantastic, especially from WotLK on when they become genuinly cinematic, with a specific narrative being shared (the vanilla and BC ones are great, but are very much "commercials" for the content more than the kick off to a story the way LK, Cata, MoP, Wod, Legion have been).

10+ Year Old Account
    I would love their cinematic team to make a movie. Blizzard have always had some of the best cinematics.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance