Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    But why isn't he tanky in your opinion? You can still by the same items, and with a bit of MR you're W gives you like 50% damage reduction for 4 seconds. Same for his ult. You basically give a guy over 50% of pure damage reduction ...
    I'm leveling W last which at level 1 only gives 20% reduction. Should i level up W second?
    I die really bad if i decide to be the frontline of the match. I should do what they said on Riot Galio stream. "Galio is not the initiator, he needs a Tank to go on front"

Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    Not sure where you got the idea of AD/armor build :P
    It's only a Dorans Blade, i dont build AD Is just to last hit better in laning phase because i dont know what other item to start with.
    AH! That jungle game where i builded a Dorans Blade was because some other dude picked jungle even though i said and locked first. He told me to go top and then told me to go jungle. LOL
    Thanks for the tips.
    I think my problem is in the "gameplan" and "mindset" in teamfights.
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2017-03-23 at 08:33 PM.

So far Galio has been underwhelming.

Vs him a total of 4 times (twice in lane, twice he was in jungle or other lanes to me)

So far I don't really find him hard to deal with, even when i'm playing an AP top laner vs his (swain both times)
    It might just be silver/gold league heroes taking him out without really knowing what they are doing but he just feels like a nothing champion.

(speaking in a solo lane)
    The lack of a power spike in a solo lane at 6 is a real killer for him, the E is pretty telegraphed, a few times I let myself get hit my it just so I could E > W > Q him.
    The magic shield (w passive) is kinda like a malphite passive just keep tapping him when ever i could to prevent it coming back.
    any kind of champ with a root really seems to hurt him.
    Teamfights mainly consisted of us waiting for him to ulti then walking / running (using talisman) away, he needs a team with CC is to land his AoE CC.
    IDK again it may just be people adjusting to him but I stopped banning him because he wasn't hard to deal with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    LoL, i have no idea what i'm doing.
    I go in lane with a Dorans Blade for easy last hits and then i build full tank with an Abyssal Scepter.
    And i die as easy as butter with this "full tank" build. But thats because i think i am the initiator and i'm not. I'm playing him badly because i was used to the godly tankyness of old Galio.

Am i suposed to build him with more AP?
    You die because you barely build any health and mostly build resistances. On top of that, you build armour which he does not scale with. You ignore pretty much anything that'd make Galio work and anything that makes a tank tanky. It's small wonder you keel over as soon as someone breathes on you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    You die because you barely build any health and mostly build resistances. On top of that, you build armour which he does not scale with. You ignore pretty much anything that'd make Galio work and anything that makes a tank tanky. It's small wonder you keel over as soon as someone breathes on you.
    Thx for reminding me of "Effective health" i was doing the math wrong all along from ages ago. LoL
    2 sunfire capes gives more effective health than 2 thornmails for example. 1000 more e.health to be exact.

Gonna change my starting items but i really need the armor against teams with Yasuo's and Zed's mid.
    And i have no idea now where i am going to get mana items from. There is no item in the game that gives mana, armor and health.
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2017-03-24 at 02:06 PM.

Deleted
    I'm leveling W last which at level 1 only gives 20% reduction. Should i level up W second?
    I die really bad if i decide to be the frontline of the match. I should do what they said on Riot Galio stream. "Galio is not the initiator, he needs a Tank to go on front"
    I would yes. You could even put something like 3 points in Q, and if you feel that's enough, max W first. E should be fine to level last. By that time teamfights and roams will happen a lot more and W is just a lot stronger. Apart from that, what Dulliath said, you can have 400 armor and MR, but ti's still useless if you just have 1000 health so to speak. You get flat Damage Reduction on a pretty low CD, and even W scales with health.

Also, if they have a monster AD comp, I' suggest another champ. He still scales pretty damn hard with MR.

Deleted
    Also, if they have a monster AD comp, I' suggest another champ. He still scales pretty damn hard with MR.
    Not that much really. Only 15% more damage reduction on W and a little tiny bit more damage on passive. It's not that impressive scaling with MR.
    Been playing him like @Duilliath said with health and the difference is from day to night. I am finally a decent tank if i build full Health + Resistances + Courage of the Colossus.
    I feel like my Galio is ranked ready now. Won 4 games in a row

Edit: Maybe...too much survival? More damage items?
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2017-03-24 at 11:00 PM.

Deleted
    Not that much really. Only 15% more damage reduction on W and a little tiny bit more damage on passive. It's not that impressive scaling with MR.
    Been playing him like @Duilliath said with health and the difference is from day to night. I am finally a decent tank if i build full Health + Resistances + Courage of the Colossus.
    I feel like my Galio is ranked ready now. Won 4 games in a row

Edit: Maybe...too much survival? More damage items?
    The difference between 40% or 55% on W is quite big. Your ult also has the same Damage Reduction scaling with MR, so for that squishy the extra 15% of flat Damage Reduction is quite big too.

I only play support, so my items are different anyway.

Deleted
    The difference between 40% or 55% on W is quite big. Your ult also has the same Damage Reduction scaling with MR, so for that squishy the extra 15% of flat Damage Reduction is quite big too.

I only play support, so my items are different anyway.
    I think i'm starting to prefer him on the support role. Don't know why. Something about his playstyle and awesome support items to give shields.
    I don't know anymore where i am going to play him...should i take the spot of a decent top laner with damage to be a full Tank? Or go support and dont take the spot of anyone?

http://i.imgur.com/ostzinO.jpg

LoL, i have more kills as support than when i play Top.

You could always build him with RoA and Gauntlet top lane, for more mana, dmg and tankyness (then finish off with a normal tank build).

It really depends on who you're laning against. If it's an AP laner, I'd most likely get an Abyssal for MR and AP, vs AD I'd get a Gauntlet for the Armor/mana and on hit effect.

Take a look at champion.gg, probuilds etc etc, to see how people build him. I know people usually say stuff like "don't just copy what "pros" do", and to some extent that is true, but it is usually a reason they build a champion the way they do. Look at how people do it, then adapt it to your games.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

15+ Year Old Account
    In the games I've played with a Galio so far (haven't played him myself) - I've preferred the Support Tank/Utility Galio's over the lane Galio's definitely. Support Galio brings a lot of control, a frontline tank, and some amazing setups to teamfights - plus has great participation with his ult - and has no issues wave clearing in late game if needed (good when needing to protect your towers or countering sieges).

As a laner or jungler, he just doesn't quite do what I need from laners/junglers. Also, he combos best with a lot of top laners and mid laners, so putting him in the support role really opens up those combos. Things like Darius/Illaoi top, or Orianna/Talon mid.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    In the games I've played with a Galio so far (haven't played him myself) - I've preferred the Support Tank/Utility Galio's over the lane Galio's definitely. Support Galio brings a lot of control, a frontline tank, and some amazing setups to teamfights - plus has great participation with his ult - and has no issues wave clearing in late game if needed (good when needing to protect your towers or countering sieges).

As a laner or jungler, he just doesn't quite do what I need from laners/junglers. Also, he combos best with a lot of top laners and mid laners, so putting him in the support role really opens up those combos. Things like Darius/Illaoi top, or Orianna/Talon mid.
    My ranked games with Galio support/top are going horribly bad xD
    Managed to drop 2 entire leagues just playing him, looool

I don't know if i'm just bad or if the champion doesn't have carry potential.
    But what makes me mad is that i love to play him and i will continue to do so...i will be back in bronze if this keeps up for 1 more league

Deleted

Back on track with Galio support xD.

I do build him for a strong early and snowball from there. Thunderlords with greenfathers masteries. Armor, Health, mana regen and AP runes. Ignite.

Tbh, it's kinda strong.

Deleted

I do build him for a strong early and snowball from there. Thunderlords with greenfathers masteries. Armor, Health, mana regen and AP runes. Ignite.

Tbh, it's kinda strong.
    Good job!
    I decided to stop playing him and went back to my main Lissandra mid.

For some reason i can't solo carry any games in the role of support/adc/top. Don't know why because i don't have that much game knowledge.
    I guess i have more impact in the game like this.
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2017-03-29 at 12:41 PM.

Tbh, it's kinda strong.
    Looks pretty good, how about your runes? I've been wanting to try out Galio but...... haven't done so xD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingspacesheep View Post
    Looks pretty good, how about your runes? I've been wanting to try out Galio but...... haven't done so xD
    As said in the post you quoted.

Armor reds, 3 mana regen yellows, rest health, AP blues and quints.

Deleted

Do you use the mastery "Meditation"? I find it awesome on Galio and most people forget it exists. Recovers % of missing mana. I don't even feel the need for mana items anymore

oops my bad~ Hmm I saw the ROA thing, did you buy it immediately right after sightstone?

Deleted
    Do you use the mastery "Meditation"? I find it awesome on Galio and most people forget it exists. Recovers % of missing mana. I don't even feel the need for mana items anymore
    I use it on almost every champion yeah, but I still like a bit extra, he's VERY mana hungry early game. If you feel you don't need it, you can just put more yellow +health runes in it. Most AP sups start of with a tiny bit more mana regen or lower mana costs and get blue sup item for more regen at level 1. Galio starts with Relic Shield so less mana regen.

oops my bad~ Hmm I saw the ROA thing, did you buy it immediately right after sightstone?
    Don't mind that game really. Both our teams were full AD and we we're snowballing and getting objectives easily so I just decided to go AP should the game last longer.

Normal games I don't buy AP. I just get health and defenses. Face of the Mountain, Redemption, Locket, Banshee, Iceborn, Spirit Visage, possible Sunfire Cape ..

Mountain, Redemption and Locket in combination with W makes you pretty much unkillable already.

Finally clawed my way back to silver 1, I won't have much time to go for gold though until after easter :-(

Deleted
    Aww the new teaser for the new champion is so cute.
    I thought it was a person with 2 types of wings. Caught me by surprise So cute

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuQu5FT1CXI&t=0m46s