Quote Originally Posted by beaver1024 View Post
    In 7.2, your current 54 traits will only get you around 4 traits. Which ones should we be getting? 35 is obvious and so is 36. My thoughts are to spend the next two points to get 6% damage boost to starfall (light of the evening star). Alternatively, we would spend the 2 points to get +6% crit for starsurge (scythe of the stars) and +5% damage for solar wrath (solar stabbing).

Napkin math would indicate that for ST the 2nd option comes up stronger but is competitive for the first option because you use solar wrath alot as a filler for AoE. The first option only increases our AoE and nothing else. Considering starfall is being nerfed. I'm not sure boosting starfall is going to net us any benefit at all.
    If you use SW as AoE-filler, you're doing it wrong. LS is stronger at 2+ targets.

Besides, Starfall is only nerfed in cases where our AoE damage isn't worth talking about to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Matchu View Post
    Another set of class changes, these pvp related:
    Lol what a joke. My DoTs can barely hurt anyone now, but SPriest still destroys me just with their dots? Seems fair. When will Blizzard ever understand that spamming your filler in PvP DOES NOT WORK? Ffs.

Anyway, really hoping they'll tweak our ST in the tuning pass for ToS once they realize how meh it is. Also hoping they fix Starfall's graphic when paired with SD because last I checked on PTR, it wasn't expanding (visually only), which is pretty vital.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

I think you should rush for that new golden trait. 6% damage is a lot. It's more damage than 6 points in other traits, even if you consider the 5 leading to it are niche traits.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Lol what a joke. My DoTs can barely hurt anyone now, but SPriest still destroys me just with their dots? Seems fair. When will Blizzard ever understand that spamming your filler in PvP DOES NOT WORK? Ffs.

Anyway, really hoping they'll tweak our ST in the tuning pass for ToS once they realize how meh it is. Also hoping they fix Starfall's graphic when paired with SD because last I checked on PTR, it wasn't expanding (visually only), which is pretty vital.
    hahah, they did not rush to tweak our ST even though its clearly so deficient in NH.

i just got my first healing led (trinket) now on ST fights i swap to healing and one of our other healers goes melee and its a HUGE net gain even though neither one of us have optimal gear, tho both 54 traits in offspecs.

Sadly we also benched our other moonkin and he basically at that point realized how many bosses he would be sat on and has re-rolled and is most screwed.
    Replaced him with a Ret.

we have 1 boomkin trial but i can't imagine he will make it over the Ret, Hunter or Warrior trial we have right now based on the next 3 bosses we have next

/sad

Been away for 1 month, tried to get up to speed with the changes, but I may have missed some. While Balance is in a shitty state compared to a lot of other classes, do you think is still better than Feral? I kinda got bored of all the spell casting and was thinking feral, even though I lose a lot of AP, but if Feral is even suckier with that horrible playstyle, I'll stay Boomk.

Quote Originally Posted by coblade14 View Post
    I think you should rush for that new golden trait. 6% damage is a lot. It's more damage than 6 points in other traits, even if you consider the 5 leading to it are niche traits.
    It is, but you're getting 4 useless points (for ST) and a 5th useless point that's just useless everywhere to get there. I honestly might get my 4th point in SS, MF, SF, StEmp, and SW for all of that.

Also CI is pretty crap on AoE since it requires ramp-up and won't be buffing Lunar Strike (if you hit with its pitiful-ranged cleave, since you don't MF an AoE pack since it's not feasible). Really hoping Stellar damage doesn't get buffed by both of the 6%s because that will also be a 6% loss on Starfall.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellshout View Post
    Been away for 1 month, tried to get up to speed with the changes, but I may have missed some. While Balance is in a shitty state compared to a lot of other classes, do you think is still better than Feral? I kinda got bored of all the spell casting and was thinking feral, even though I lose a lot of AP, but if Feral is even suckier with that horrible playstyle, I'll stay Boomk.
    We're still leagues better than most classes in consistent AoE/Cleave (don't know any of the ToS fights if consistent AoE/Cleave is even useful there) and not nearly as difficult (for barely any gain) as Feral. The problem is we're losing burst AoE with the change to Starfall not being affected by Haste (outside of GCD), though it's a net gain to QoL with Stellar Drift always lasting a solid 8 seconds.

That said, they did acknowledge Feral is intended to be great at ST so it'll probably be brought back up after the tuning pass for ToS in 11+ weeks.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Really hoping Stellar damage doesn't get buffed by both of the 6%s because that will also be a 6% loss on Starfall.
    It won't. Unless explicitly stated otherwise(e.g. WoD Stellar Flare scaling with both Eclipses), multi-school spells use the highest single school bonus.

Been playing with the idea of rerolling for 7.2 and looking at NH Mythic logs (75%-90%) it's pretty clear, that Balance is literally the worst class in the game on Single Target and really damn good the second there's lots of ads in the mix.

Question of the day: Does Tomb of Sargeras have a lot of ad-fights? Because if not, I don't see our pitiful 6% more dmg golden trait carry us in any way shape or form to something meaningful on single target for now.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    It won't. Unless explicitly stated otherwise(e.g. WoD Stellar Flare scaling with both Eclipses), multi-school spells use the highest single school bonus.
    Thank you; I've asked that question so many times and never has anyone answered me; totally forgot multi-school spells work like how you said, rip me.

That's at least good news to hear that only Lunar Strike AoE gets fucked and not Starfall too!

Easy Fix: Swap the vulnerabilities. Moonfire causes Solar+Moonfire vuln and Sunfire causes Lunar+Sunfire vuln. That way no spell gets screwed on AoE

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by earthwormjim View Post
    I stopped using tidy plates and swapped to plater. It gives you way more options to adjust how quickly name plates move, how much padding between them, how high up they go.
    Thx. I'm giving plater a try. Still trying to figure out all the options. I've also noticed, while practicing on the dummies, that I had a tendency to click on nameplates too low as the tooltip shows several points above the nameplate.

So what path does people recommend going for 7.2 ? Finnish all the new traits or bump some of the old to 4/4 first ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ustabil View Post
    So what path does people recommend going for 7.2 ? Finnish all the new traits or bump some of the old to 4/4 first ?
    Most likely yeah; rushing CI seems like the best bet, then picking up some of the high-value traits like Starsurge, Sunfire, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Drogotaar View Post
    Been playing with the idea of rerolling for 7.2 and looking at NH Mythic logs (75%-90%) it's pretty clear, that Balance is literally the worst class in the game on Single Target and really damn good the second there's lots of ads in the mix.

Question of the day: Does Tomb of Sargeras have a lot of ad-fights? Because if not, I don't see our pitiful 6% more dmg golden trait carry us in any way shape or form to something meaningful on single target for now.

problem is most of the ad-fights we are not even A) really damn good and B) mostly padding in heroic, when it comes time for mythic its almost useless damage

Ad fights you are still competing against 1-2 button burst AOE classes that will destroy you.

the trait aint going to help since its not so much the ST damage, its trying to do ST damage while moving. Just another thing that has the possibility of falling off while you are moving trying to dps.

Well hopefully towards the opening of Tomb there will be some Balance buffs
    - Altho i dont know how they could buff us decently

Give us another aura buff to everything.

Deleted
    In my opinion buffing the dots flat and removing the starfall empowerment would help single target dps and help maintaining a bit of damage during movement, and also leave the aoe the same, which seems like a decent fix to basically all of our issues..
    Last edited by mmoca8dc55c603; 2017-03-26 at 08:28 PM.

Will be pushing the new golden first.
    Its effectively 6% damage gain for main targets. Obviously less valuable on some AoE, but Sunfire/Starfall still buffed relatively quickly

After that its just the priority order from initial artifact levelling

Buffing Mastery or giving us a reason to want Crit besides "this attack does double damage" because that's literally what Crit does. Has ZERO interaction with us at all, and that's kinda lame.

That or how about giving us a trait that's worth more than ~30 Versatility (Wax and Wane)

I would't mind giving us back the old Shooting Stars, where dot crits had a chance to give free Starsurges. Would help in ST while not being that great in AoE(if they do the diminishing proc chance formula for multi-target like Affliction has with Agony).

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    I would't mind giving us back the old Shooting Stars, where dot crits had a chance to give free Starsurges. Would help in ST while not being that great in AoE(if they do the diminishing proc chance formula for multi-target like Affliction has with Agony).
    Same here. It's nice now because Balance has no RNG, but it's also getting too predictable and I miss procs.