Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffeexbean View Post
    Yea treating a game like a game is pathetic but feeling forced to play a game , something for pleasure, isnt. Omg a video game is punishing me and putting me in a stressful situation, maybe reconsider your priorities
    I mean you can't bash people wanting to prioritize competition in this game - for some it is the reason to play, to each their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    Because Nostalgia nuts claimed they LOVED when that REALLY rare item dropped for them and it made the game great back in the day. That really cool item with that proc that only .0001% of the population got was great! Random drop legendaries like Twin Blades and Thunderfury were MUCH better than the system from WoD/MoP.
    This never happened. Blame Blizzard, not some unknown "nostalgia nut" that doesn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Reforge View Post
    I mean you can't bash people wanting to prioritize competition in this game - for some it is the reason to play, to each their own.
    people lose sight of the game and turn it into something else, no one ever started playing wow to compete for parses and world of logs or any of tht bs. all of that shit is why we see ridiculous qq posts based on choices people make for themselves

Deleted
    there is no such thing as a bad legendary
    Yeah that is just wrong.

it really boggles my mind how people can think the legendary system is alright

what is it with people defending their favorite video game company like that? Why defend them when to ANY logical person, the legendary system just feels outright awful

I dont really get people on this forum sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Lionhearte0 View Post
    This never happened. Blame Blizzard, not some unknown "nostalgia nut" that doesn't exist.
    You should check these forums more often. The "Classic WoW" crowd made some pretty big waves earlier (Around same time as blizzcon and legion launch actually)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TS26 View Post

what is it with people defending their favorite video game company like that? Why defend them when to ANY logical person, the legendary system just feels outright awful

When people invest a lot of X into something, it becomes personal. When you invest a lot of money on a new smart phone, you take criticism against it personally because you feel it implies you made a bad decision. It's a truly cancerous phenomenon that only serves to fuck customers in the ass

Then there are people who're simply foolish enough to empathize with corporations. Cancer as well

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luger View Post
    Yeah that is just wrong.
    its not. When you get a legendary its more than likely an upgrade over your purple piece so crying waa waa I got a bad legendary is stupid

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TS26 View Post

you dont understand the purpose of the items. They are not needed for any content and are intended as bonuses. I have never grinded for a legendary, I pretend they dont exist unless I get one. Even If I get got one that wasnt an upgrade over whatever was equipped wouldnt be that big of a deal to me. You have a sense of entitlement is all

Deleted
    its not. When you get a legendary its more than likely an upgrade over your purple piece so crying waa waa I got a bad legendary is stupid
    What you just wrote makes no sense. Just because a legendary is an upgrade over the thing that you had before (a non-legendary) doesn't mean that there aren't bad legendaries. Some are good, some are outright bad. Period. If you don't already have a legendary, you've never gotten one, your chances of getting one are higher than if you already have 1 or 2, or more. So if you get a bad one, you just wasted your high chance of getting one. At that point, it is better to start a new character and start over. Because the chances of getting a legendary are higher with that character, than they are for getting a second legendary on your original character. That is why you see a lot of people doing this. This is awful.

I'm sorry if you don't get this.

What you just wrote makes no sense. Just because a legendary is an upgrade over the thing that you had before (a non-legendary) doesn't mean that there aren't bad legendaries. Some are good, some are outright bad. Period. If you don't already have a legendary, you've never gotten one, your chances of getting one are higher than if you already have 1 or 2, or more. So if you get a bad one, you just wasted your high chance of getting one. At that point, it is better to start a new character and start over. Because the chances of getting a legendary are higher with that character, than they are for getting a second legendary on your original character.

I'm sorry if you don't get this.
    Yea Im totally gonna start a new character and abandon the one ive been playing for the past few years because of a legendary item... this is an mmo lol

Deleted
    Yea Im totally gonna start a new character and abandon the one ive been playing for the past few years because of a legendary item... this is an mmo lol
    You don't. Others do. Because they are stuck with a shitty legendary. You might not be into this, but other people are trying to beat the hardest content in the game. If you don't, sit on the sideline and be quiet. You have no part in this discussion.

You don't. Others do. Because they are stuck with a shitty legendary. You might not be into this, but other people are trying to beat the hardest content in the game. If you don't, sit on the sideline and be quiet. You have no part in this discussion.
    I can take part in whatever I want lol. This is a forum where people post opinions so if we have to put up your shitty ones you can put up with my great ones or ignore them.

Quote Originally Posted by Reforge View Post
    This is a different type of threshold in RNG we've never had such barriers in place when it came to playing different specs of your class as we do in Legion. Let alone to be able to play with alts at the same level as your main with limited time investment (as we have been doing for the last 10 years)
    There was a time when Agi gear didn't transform into Int/Str gear, when tier set bonuses didn't swap over with your spec, when you couldn't even change specs without going to a capital city, when you had one raid lockout per week instead of per-boss, per-difficulty lockouts.

Gearing up doesn't have a time investment anymore. Your concept of RNG is silly. I have six toons in Legion and they're all capable of clearing Normal or Heroic Nighthold, with one starting on Mythic. And I still have time to level up my alts when they max out their rested XP. It honestly takes me no more than a week from getting to 110 to being able to compete in endgame raid content. That's about as good a place as I can expect to be. If I had 3 toons clearing Mythic Nighthold already there'd be no reason for most people to even raid because there wouldn't be a challenge.

I don't see the problem here. Legendaries are icing on the cake but in the grand scheme of things a 5% difference in DPS only matters to the top 1% of players.

Did you fail to notice that utility leggos are getting damage increases added? (In the form of a third stat weight of a large value, or an outright damage increase to x spell/effect/thing.)

Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    Did you fail to notice that utility leggos are getting damage increases added? (In the form of a third stat weight of a large value, or an outright damage increase to x spell/effect/thing.)
    No, but did you fail to notice that this is completely irrelevant to OPs point?
    Even if the spec independent legendaries were BIS now, it still remains unfair that someone who dodged them until now will very likeley get two legendaries within the next two weeks - including those dodged ones -, while for others who were unlucky to get those before the spec based BLP won't benefit from the change.

Exactly Puri, just odd that the change targets only one side of the spectrum.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    I have the rogue shoulder legendary and I don't see that 10-15% increase. You should really back your numbers with hard data if you want to be taken seriously.

And yes I consider all legendaries "utility" ones some more some less. Getting crit for 6 seconds past stealth when not working with shadow dance is "utility" in my mind. Obviously not in yours. I still don't get your hostile tone but I guess thats the mmo-c poster style so w/e mate.
    Just check this guy:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...true&source=12

He did 350M dmg over the fight, 200M while he didn't have the buff and 150M while he did have it. Get the avarage dmg numbers from when he didn't have the buff and multiply it with the total number of hits in the fight: this gives us roughly 310M dmg, so the shoulder's buff gave him 13% increase in dmg.

If you don't see 10-15% increase in your dmg as sub, than it's a l2p issue for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Your analysis would only be accurate if there weren't other damage increases he could stack with the buff. Is that how it works? I don't know the spec, just asking.
    It doesn't matter at all if you can stack buffs or not, the % difference will be the same.

Deleted
    Are you talking to yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    It absolutely does. A hypothetical: say you could ensure that the buff's uptime happened only during bloodlust. Your dps while the buff was up would be way higher, but only partially due to the buff - the rest would be due to bloodlust. So only comparing dps when the buff was up versus when it wasn't would give you an inaccurate sense of how much the buff was adding.
    You are right. Luckily you can filter out this kind of buffs from the damage in warcraftlogs and doing so still gives a 11% increase in dmg.