Quote Originally Posted by Penne View Post
    As Noocta said, SEF is better until sustained 5 targets.

As for using CJL, I believe you should use it when it's at 15+ stacks and you have downtime in your rotation. You don't want to overcap it, and you don't want to delay other abilities. It's also overrepresented in simC, afaik, so... it's just a pain all around :P
    Yeah, I am swapping my Prydaz for Capacitor last night. Just wrote a macro to warn me at 20 stacks, but this makes more sense. Even with 2 piece, I sometimes have dead space in my rotation.

Thanks for this, I wasn't quite sure how to use Capacitor. Now, does this change with the new patch? Since the damage is higher, do we want to wait for a pure 20 and hard cast it over everything else, or does it lower the threshold to say... 10, since the damage is so much better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakoth View Post
    Yeah, I am swapping my Prydaz for Capacitor last night. Just wrote a macro to warn me at 20 stacks, but this makes more sense. Even with 2 piece, I sometimes have dead space in my rotation.

Thanks for this, I wasn't quite sure how to use Capacitor. Now, does this change with the new patch? Since the damage is higher, do we want to wait for a pure 20 and hard cast it over everything else, or does it lower the threshold to say... 10, since the damage is so much better.
    I guess it won't change? Not entirely sure, though - probably bears some testing. You don't want to overcap, certainly, and losing out on other, big abilities that also give you charges? Feels like you just want to use it when it's close to cap and you have time. Will have to see what happens with all the other legendaries post-7.2 to see exactly what I end up running...

Emperor is best used at max stacks ,, use a weakaura to guide u

my current ticks for 700k ,, so yeah its not bad tbh

does about 5% dmg in fight

And here's the part where I don't trust simcraft. lol

I just got KBW, I simmed it against my 2 trinkets 885 Draught of Souls, and 885 Arcanogolem Digit, with a socket. Simcraft says that KBW and Arcano is 3k dps higher than KBW and drought. Is that believable? Is that factoring in loading the Draught into my ToD?
    Last edited by Pandragon; 2017-03-25 at 01:25 PM.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    And here's the part where I don't trust simcraft. lol

I just got KBW, I simmed it against my 2 trinkets 885 Draught of Souls, and 885 Arcanogolem Digit, with a socket. Simcraft says that KBW and Arcano is 3k dps higher than KBW and drought. Is that believable? Is that factoring in loading the Draught into my ToD?
    That... surprises me. I'd do some testing on a dummy if I were you, but wouldn't expect a socket to push digit over draught. Easy way to check if SimC is factoring in the ToD loading - just check the galeburst damage from SimC to see if it's changed. I presume we're talking ST sims here, ofc., but Digit is a relatively strong trink overall.

That... surprises me. I'd do some testing on a dummy if I were you, but wouldn't expect a socket to push digit over draught. Easy way to check if SimC is factoring in the ToD loading - just check the galeburst damage from SimC to see if it's changed. I presume we're talking ST sims here, ofc., but Digit is a relatively strong trink overall.
    Where would Galeburst be listed? I see it under "abilities" For the one with Draught it says 544362, under the one with KBW it says 792561. This is listed under DPE. I assume thats Damage Per Execute.

Not exactly sure how to test on the dummy, whether I should just do the ToD buff, or a min or so. I did just using a ToD rotation. With Draught I did 1.57m dps when ToD went off. With KBW I did over 2m dps.
    Last edited by Pandragon; 2017-03-25 at 01:35 PM.

Deleted
    Where would Galeburst be listed? I see it under "abilities" For the one with Draught it says 544362, under the one with KBW it says 792561. This is listed under DPE. I assume thats Damage Per Execute.

Not exactly sure how to test on the dummy, whether I should just do the ToD buff, or a min or so. I did just using a ToD rotation. With Draught I did 1.57m dps when ToD went off. With KBW I did over 2m dps.
    Should be a breakdown of all your damage sources, in a ranking - galeburst is under ToD, afaik. Don't see how Draught+KJ's can be lower burst than digit+KJ's, though - what I'd say would be to run a full dummy test for a rough encounter length (so 3-4 min-ish), see which runs higher. As longa s you're not using the belt, too, which effs that up :P

Should be a breakdown of all your damage sources, in a ranking - galeburst is under ToD, afaik. Don't see how Draught+KJ's can be lower burst than digit+KJ's, though - what I'd say would be to run a full dummy test for a rough encounter length (so 3-4 min-ish), see which runs higher. As longa s you're not using the belt, too, which effs that up :P
    The only list I see for all of my dps abilities, is an alphabetical list not a ranking. I did the same test using Both Draught and KBW, the TOD topped my dps at 1.67 mil.

With the digit and KBW, ToD did 3.23m, with the other combination of trinkets it did 2.78m, and 2.23m. So KBW and Arcano is higher burst than Draught and KBW apparently.

I did a 3 min test.

Draught+KBW: 794k dps

Arcano+KBW: 820k dps

I'm not using the belt. My other legendary is the Drinking Horn Cover.

Deleted
    The only list I see for all of my dps abilities, is an alphabetical list not a ranking. I did the same test using Both Draught and KBW, the TOD topped my dps at 1.67 mil.

With the digit and KBW, ToD did 3.23m, with the other combination of trinkets it did 2.78m, and 2.23m. So KBW and Arcano is higher burst than Draught and KBW apparently.

I did a 3 min test.

Draught+KBW: 794k dps

Arcano+KBW: 820k dps

I'm not using the belt. My other legendary is the Drinking Horn Cover.
    Then go with the digit! I'm surprised, but it just goes to show that trinkets aren't too far apart from each other.

Generic question:

883 ilvl, healer legendary, 24 traits (all golds), 878 Artifact ilvl. Is 300-340k single target dps good, okay or bad?

Hey im new here, so sorry for my English

i want to know how way is the best option ST / MT for 7.2

Actually i have 54 traits so tomorrow that will be 39 traits. Ways...

1.- 4/4 RSK 4/4 FoF 1/4 Split Personality then Golden trait
    2.- 3/4 Split Personality then Golden trait

Thanks for ur opinion :P

Quote Originally Posted by l30n47d0 View Post

I'm personally doing number 1. The immediate benefit of 5% more on RSK and FOF seems more attractive than 9 seconds off of SEF.

Deleted
    Sadly they didnt changed that horrible RNG trait, switched to monk, cuz didnt want to rely on luck for top perfmorming :/

Option 1 will be ahead from 39-42, Option 2 will be ahead from 42-44 at which point they overlap.

Deleted
    Would it be better to go for the 2nd option first if you are planning on using Serenity? Judging from the talk at the discord, just with DHC SEF and Serenity are pretty close.

Quote Originally Posted by Feralica View Post
    Would it be better to go for the 2nd option first if you are planning on using Serenity? Judging from the talk at the discord, just with DHC SEF and Serenity are pretty close.
    mmmm i dont know, serenity sounds good and i have CoF so, with cof what is the best way?

Deleted
    mmmm i dont know, serenity sounds good and i have CoF so, with cof what is the best way?
    It's just so hard to say for now. Basically, nothing really changes in terms of how to value effects like CoF/SP but obviously with both it's easier, although still not given, to hit that point where you gain a cast throughout the fight. What i was just thinking is that SP is probably more impactful for Serenity since with SEF you already have the flexibility from the Charge system.

Looks like the choice really depends on if you are either going Serenity or have DHC and CoF. Also fight length will play a big part here as well.

I will be going with option 1 because I do not have DHC or a high enough ilvl CoF that is worth swapping one of my current trinkets for.

Recent hotfix makes SEF 4/4 trait much more desireable now, no reason to go for FoF/RSK traits first.

Split Personality cooldown reduction increased to 5 seconds per rank (was 3 seconds per rank).

I'd like to point out that the value of CoF doesn't increase as the cooldown of SEF/Serenity goes down from Split Personality. CoF's CDR can be treated as cooldown haste, which is not affected by the cooldown of SEF. Think of it this way: if SEF were a 30 second cooldown, you'd still only get an average of 10 seconds discounted at 1:30.

CoF's value is only affected by DHC, as it directly affects the power of each cast.