Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gameplay of what? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Aettis View Post
    -we'll be fighting KJ at ToS
    Well not exactly, you see him on his ship talking to Sargeras.

The patch doesn't show at all that you'll fight Kil'jaeden, you know this because of the dungeon journal.

-the outside of ToS, as well as the surrounding Broken Shore zone we'll be experiencing
    Must've missed it, only saw the meeting and KJ talking to Sargeras mostly.

-Argus, a preview of 7.3
    Not that terrible itself, but i think showing the 7.2 trailer should be reserved for 7.2 content mostly, not already previewing stuff from the next patch.

Isn't there supposed to be a cutscene that plays before you go to the Broken Shore that has a placeholder cinematic currently? I feel like this patch trailer could actually play in-game before we go to the Broken Shore. Maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Well not exactly, you see him on his ship talking to Sargeras.

The patch doesn't show at all that you'll fight Kil'jaeden, you know this because of the dungeon journal.

Must've missed it, only saw the meeting and KJ talking to Sargeras mostly.

Not that terrible itself, but i think showing the 7.2 trailer should be reserved for 7.2 content mostly, not already previewing stuff from the next patch.
    At the end of them talking, KJ initiates the invasion on Broken Shore, where his ship and all of the others port in above ToS, where we then see all of the leaders gazing upon this event jaws dropped. It's the big highlight before the ToS title. Even if I didn't know the fights in ToS, it seems extremely obvious KJ is the final boss of the patch.

The one thing that I always hated about Patch trailers was the inclusion of in-game raid footage. I always felt like they ruined them and I'm glad they stopped doing it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Every other trailer has gameplay footage from the dungeons and raids added to the patch.
    OH LOOK MORE BULLSHIT FROM THE LIAR JAYLOCK.

can you fucking be banned again......

The trailer was quite cool, no need to mix up gameplay into that, it can be shown in other videos, or actually in few days we can see it ourselves. Sometimes showing a little can be better than showing too much.

10+ Year Old Account
    We saw the gameplay. Pressing play and then waiting until it was over.

Wait for flying
    Wait for the class mount
    Wait for broken bore progression
    Wait for 20 additional AK levels
    Wait for AP to pool so you can afford the new 70 million trait
    Wrath baby and proud of it

WoW's gameplay is naturally kind of dull and doesn't contribute much to a trailer, honestly...I've always found it to be really awkward when they shove bossfights into the cinematic cutscenes, only exception being Ulduar's as they kinda melded it really well with the story itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    OH LOOK MORE BULLSHIT FROM THE LIAR JAYLOCK.

can you fucking be banned again......
    He's kind of right though. Nearly every trailer has used ingame footage of the raids etc.

Nearly all of the Vanilla trailers showed off their respective raid. Only ones that didn't were of course the BG and Weather patch.

2.1- Showed us inside the Black Temple
    2.3- Showed us Zul'Aman
    2.4- Showed us inside the Sunwell

3.1- Showed us Ulduar
    3.2 - Showed us ToC
    3.3- Showed us ICC

4.1= Showed us the Zul Dungeons revamps.
    4.2 - Showed us Firelands
    4.3 - Showed us Dragon Soul

5.2- Showed us a lot of Throne of Thunder
    5.4- Showed off Siege of Orgrimmar

6.2- Showed off Hellfire Citadel.

7.1- Showed off Return to Karazhan.

No need to insult someone and call for them to be banned because you disagree with them. Obviously non raid patches were not included because they don't show any raids off because they are not meant to. However I included the 2 dungeon ones because they as well saw patch trailers. I don't know if Dire Maul and Maraudon got a patch since the furthest trailer I can find is for 1.5 which was Battlegrounds.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-03-25 at 12:35 PM.

Deleted
    I don't think gameplay would fit into that trailer, it'd look bad. I am glad they didn't put it, if you want gameplay you can watch icy-veins ToS videos.

One of the worst trailers yet. DS and ToC were still worse but c'mon. If everyone in the trailer spoke in a normal pace it would be over in 30 sec. The only good part was the warping in of ships and the shot of the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Yeah, they should have made the last 30 seconds be a short fly through of the broken isles. Since flying is the only interesting gameplay aspect they're adding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Richardbro View Post
    I agree, I would have liked to see the raid and the dungeon in the trailer, but I think they do that in a separate video now. This video on IGN shows the features and gameplay which will probably be added to youtube soon.
    This. They've been doing story and showcase trailers separate for a long time now.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    I'm glad they're not putting gameplay into patch trailers anymore. It ruins the immersion
    This. Cinematics have become so good gameplay shots would just ruin it.

Deleted
    They showed you 12 years worth of gameplay. WTF?

Ah, it's Jaylock. Ok, sorry to have posted here.

15+ Year Old Account
    I prefer the trailers that are purely lore-centric. Whenever the trailers switch over from a cinematic to some gameplay footage of a bunch of guys running around in a dungeon fighting a triceratops or whatever, it feels like a disconnect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Every other trailer has gameplay footage from the dungeons and raids added to the patch. Show me awesome gameplay footage and end the trailer with the whole Kil'Jaden and Sargeras bit.
    They've split them up (as already mentioned).

Now, it seems we're going to get patch trailers to tell the story and "survival guides" to show you content and/or features.

I like that approach, actually.

Patch trailer =/= raid trailer

Every other trailer has gameplay footage from the dungeons and raids added to the patch. Show me awesome gameplay footage and end the trailer with the whole Kil'Jaden and Sargeras bit.
    No, the trailer is excellent. We have never seen Sargeras and Kil'Jaeden having actual conversations giving us a bit of insights into their state of mind. All we got from the past was wah wah we have got to take over the entire universe.