Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    This dude said, "I wanna see gameplay." Wow, loooooool. Some peoples' kids.

That trailer was dope. Not sure what you're smoking.
    I genuinely lol'd at your post
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    I'm glad they're not putting gameplay into patch trailers anymore. It ruins the immersion
    Exactly my sentiments. Not sure what game play could be shown that would be that interesting other than maybe the new dungeon. Or here is an idea, make a trailer for each.

KJ showing off his destroyed world was awesome.

On the other hand, am I the only one who rolls eyes at stuff like the belf holding the ashbringer etc in the legion trailer? So much cheese.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by valerimat View Post
    trailers are mostly shit
    Writing a post like this is mostly lazy.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rioo View Post
    One of the worst trailers yet. DS and ToC were still worse but c'mon. If everyone in the trailer spoke in a normal pace it would be over in 30 sec. The only good part was the warping in of ships and the shot of the planet.
    i know right so was the wrath of the lich king expansion cinematic, it was fucking bullshit, like it coulda been 5 seconds long if it spoke at a normal place and the lich king just pressed his raise dead button come on /s

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NotFunny008 View Post
    No, the trailer is excellent. We have never seen Sargeras and Kil'Jaeden having actual conversations giving us a bit of insights into their state of mind. All we got from the past was wah wah we have got to take over the entire universe.
    yeah the lore implications of this is insane
    kiljaden seems to have doubts, we now know what sargeras sounds like and holy fucking shit
    and also that kiljaden is willing to give some fucking smack to sargeras, hes not some liek "yes master, yes sir, im sorry sir" hes like "no fuck you idiot your ideas keep failing"
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    He's kind of right though. Nearly every trailer has used ingame footage of the raids etc.

Nearly all of the Vanilla trailers showed off their respective raid. Only ones that didn't were of course the BG and Weather patch.

2.1- Showed us inside the Black Temple
    2.3- Showed us Zul'Aman
    2.4- Showed us inside the Sunwell

3.1- Showed us Ulduar
    3.2 - Showed us ToC
    3.3- Showed us ICC

4.1= Showed us the Zul Dungeons revamps.
    4.2 - Showed us Firelands
    4.3 - Showed us Dragon Soul

5.2- Showed us a lot of Throne of Thunder
    5.4- Showed off Siege of Orgrimmar

6.2- Showed off Hellfire Citadel.

7.1- Showed off Return to Karazhan.

No need to insult someone and call for them to be banned because you disagree with them. Obviously non raid patches were not included because they don't show any raids off because they are not meant to. However I included the 2 dungeon ones because they as well saw patch trailers. I don't know if Dire Maul and Maraudon got a patch since the furthest trailer I can find is for 1.5 which was Battlegrounds.
    Only thing I would disagree with you there is that the raid hasn't opened yet - there will probably be a raid trailer which will have the gameplay. All those examples the raid basically opened immediately after the patch came out. Tomb raid won't be out for a couple of months yet

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    Only thing I would disagree with you there is that the raid hasn't opened yet - there will probably be a raid trailer which will have the gameplay. All those examples the raid basically opened immediately after the patch came out. Tomb raid won't be out for a couple of months yet
    I do agree the raid launched with them. My point was though that the majority if not all trailers showed off gameplay in some aspect.

There is no gameplay to show thats why you didnt see it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I'm not saying the trailer was bad, im just saying I would have preferred there was some actual gameplay footage in the trailer as well.

See this Naxx trailer for reference (Story + Gameplay footage = Win)

the naxx trailer was pure shit, specially compared to 7.2
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Kul Tiras View Post
    The trailer was shit, just a big hollywood-style cock tease for showing us Sargeras' voice and that he's still out there, just like having Azshara showing up in Cataclysm in the NE zone and doing jack shit except spout some really fucking lame dialogue...as text.

There was no heart, no feel, no character to it. Kil'Jaeden got rectconned in less than 2 mins as being yet another fallen character who regrets his decisions, despite being built up as one of the most evil motherfuckers of this universe for the past 20 years.

And Dalaran portrayed as about to be nuked out of orbit...which it probably won't because some space jesus shit.
    1. Did you even play TBC?

2. Did you even read the fucking Books?

And 3. Sargeras is THE LEGION'S MASTER! Of course they'd hide his face. If he was to be revealed, then that'd ruin the moment. Also, NEVER compare Azshara to Sargeras. Sargeras atleast did something...

- - - Updated - - -

He's kind of right though. Nearly every trailer has used ingame footage of the raids etc.

Nearly all of the Vanilla trailers showed off their respective raid. Only ones that didn't were of course the BG and Weather patch.

2.1- Showed us inside the Black Temple
    2.3- Showed us Zul'Aman
    2.4- Showed us inside the Sunwell

3.1- Showed us Ulduar
    3.2 - Showed us ToC
    3.3- Showed us ICC

4.1= Showed us the Zul Dungeons revamps.
    4.2 - Showed us Firelands
    4.3 - Showed us Dragon Soul

5.2- Showed us a lot of Throne of Thunder
    5.4- Showed off Siege of Orgrimmar

6.2- Showed off Hellfire Citadel.

7.1- Showed off Return to Karazhan.

No need to insult someone and call for them to be banned because you disagree with them. Obviously non raid patches were not included because they don't show any raids off because they are not meant to. However I included the 2 dungeon ones because they as well saw patch trailers. I don't know if Dire Maul and Maraudon got a patch since the furthest trailer I can find is for 1.5 which was Battlegrounds.
    I really don't care.

Adding In-game footage of the raids kind of spoils it for me...

Mainly because I either didn't do the raid, or because it makes the trailer boring each-time...

I'm better off just leaving the raid a mystery, mainly BECAUSE of the Fallen Avatar, and The Final Fight...

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    1. Did you even play TBC?

2. Did you even read the fucking Books?

And 3. Sargeras is THE LEGION'S MASTER! Of course they'd hide his face. If he was to be revealed, then that'd ruin the moment. Also, NEVER compare Azshara to Sargeras. Sargeras atleast did something...

- - - Updated - - -

I really don't care.

Adding In-game footage of the raids kind of spoils it for me...

Mainly because I either didn't do the raid, or because it makes the trailer boring each-time...

I'm better off just leaving the raid a mystery, mainly BECAUSE of the Fallen Avatar, and The Final Fight...
    I didn't post that to gauge peoples care meters. Merely posted it to correct someone that the majority of patch trailers have had in game footage. I mean personally I agree it removes the air of mystery a bit but if they have in game footage I'm not gonna actively avoid it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Yeah, they should have made the last 30 seconds be a short fly through of the broken isles. Since flying is the only interesting gameplay aspect they're adding.
    Again, you're fun at parties now, aren't you?

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't post that to gauge peoples care meters. Merely posted it to correct someone that the majority of patch trailers have had in game footage. I mean personally I agree it removes the air of mystery a bit but if they have in game footage I'm not gonna actively avoid it.
    k? Obviously, he was likely a troll. Didn't have to waste your time replying to him by making an entire list...

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    i know right so was the wrath of the lich king expansion cinematic, it was fucking bullshit, like it coulda been 5 seconds long if it spoke at a normal place and the lich king just pressed his raise dead button come on /s
    What? Two completely different scenarios. In WotLK his dad gives a speech, it's not dialogue between characters. In WotLK things are happening while the speech is taking place. In WotLK the speech is just not a bunch of cliche lines after each other.

It's WoW, the gameplay will be exactly what the game has been offering for 12+ years...
    I think cinematic trailers and feature trailers need to be separated at all times.

Pretty sure we fight Kil'jaeden where he is in the trailer, so technically it's the raid being shown :P

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rioo View Post
    What? Two completely different scenarios. In WotLK his dad gives a speech, it's not dialogue between characters. In WotLK things are happening while the speech is taking place. In WotLK the speech is just not a bunch of cliche lines after each other.
    i mean he walks, then he stands there, then bones come up, then dragon roars, then undead
    this trailer people walking around talking, kiljaden fucking talking down to sargeras, then he fucking bitch slaps him and calls in the golden armada
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Every other trailer has gameplay footage from the dungeons and raids added to the patch.
    Yeah that's not true at all.

Deleted
    Made me both want to play 7.2 and see Argus so trailer was spot on for me.

Deleted
    What was bothering me was that everyone stood out in the open in probably the most vulnerable place in the city. The Enemy has teleporting spaceships for fucks sake. I wish The platform would have been blown off with everone falling down or Dalaran crashing into the sea. Not even a protection against seemingly basic clairvoyance magic.
    Even if Gul'dan was the big bad evil that Kargath presumed him to be there is still an island with a giant green glowing temple filled with felmagic or some shit just a few meters away...

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luger View Post
    Yeah that's not true at all.
    Name one trailer with raids and dungeons other than 7.2 that hasn't. See my list above. Those all had some form of trailer that either showed inside the raid, a perspective of it or gameplay. Even the Vanilla ones did that brought in new raids.

The one's that I missed out didn't bring in any raid or dungeon. Hence why I left them out since we are just talking about raid and dungeon trailers.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Name one trailer with raids and dungeons other than 7.2 that hasn't. See my list above. Those all had some form of trailer that either showed inside the raid, a perspective of it or gameplay. Even the Vanilla ones did that brought in new raids.

The one's that I missed out didn't bring in any raid or dungeon. Hence why I left them out since we are just talking about raid and dungeon trailers.
    you are completely missing the point that the raid is NOT coming out with 7.2 - it will come out later, and will probably have its own trailer. every other patch that you mentioned the raid came out with the patch simultaneously and thats why the gameplay inside the raid was included in the trailer