Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

PLEASE Don't Have KJ Turn on the Sargeras/the Legion

Kind of looking back at Blizzard's formula for how they have built up villains. A theme that occurs often is when a big bad guy is designated in the beginning, and as the story progresses we see he/she/it is struggling with some inner turmoil in regards to loyalties or moral, and then at the climax he/she/it ends up turning good OR doing that one sacrificial good deed to help the protagonists.

The 7.2. trailer certainly implied frustration Kil'jaeden has with Sargeras due to (in his mind) the consistent failures of the Burning Legion. Frustrated enough to make it to the level of almost BLAMING Sargeras.

And also, unless I'm looking too much into it, you can tell during the scene of Kil'jaeden watching the dudes @ Krasus Landing speak that when Velen begins talking about the true masters of the Legion revealing themselves, and speaks about Kil'jaeden (calling him a monster, etc)... the look of utter sadness on KJ's face followed by anger. He looks almost... hurt still.

Perhaps this is more of a rant, or a maybe a plea, but please do NOT have KJ ending up turning on Sargeras to the benefit of us.

Mannoroth and Archimonde were evil and against us to the end.

KJ is supposed to be infinitely more evil and devious than they.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Actually KJ hitting eject button and getting the fuck out of there, severing his ties to failgion, would be one of the most refreshing things to happen in lore.

Fine, we won't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    All it takes is an incel at the wrong place wrong time and we won't even know what hit us.

Deleted
    he wont, (voice lines of his encounter are known)

I doubt KJ will turn good, but may be he will betray Sargeras. Only to pay the ultimate price. But I won't be suprised if by 7.3 it turns out that KJ and Archie were never 2nd in command , they just THOUGHT they were - and the council of the fallen Titan comes out for a meet and greet. I still thinks it's ridiculous to even consider that we'll face Sargeras himself.

Thx to Isilrien for the awesome sig

I mean I thought it was obvious he wasn't turning on Sargeras. His entire second half of the video was basically an admittance that he went all-in with the Legion. He definitely isn't going to betray Sargeras. Kil'jaeden is outclassed by him by several thousand magnitudes of power, at least.

It seems pretty clear from Sargeras' words here and Kil'jaeden's impulses that the 7.2 attack wasn't something Sargeras himself ordered, but Kil'jaeden going all-in, again, because he's sick of Sargeras' long-term bullshit that has obviously not succeeded. And thus when Kil'jaeden is killed by us above Argus, it'll be full circle for him. The Eredar called 'The Deceiver,' renowned for his subterfuge and strategy ends up falling because he's been too impatient and couldn't wait to accomplish his goal any longer.

KJ talks about failure because he percieves it as failure; an entity like Sargeras sees no failure in failing to invade a world over the course of ten thousand years - eternity is his. Although KJ is immortal aswell, his perception of time can be nowhere near the way a titan percieves it.

The point is that Sargeras didn't let KJ in on all the information as to what his intentions with Azeroth are. Sargeras has showed great restraint and, as is obvious by now, does not intend to annihilate Azeroth; he wants to make it his and making it his has pretty much a lot to do with being careful as to how you invade. KJ doesn't understand is; in many ways, Sargeras is keeping KJ in the dark just as KJ kept Gul'dan in the dark when he lead him to across the Nighthold. KJ understands this and this is why he is frustrated. He is used to decieving others, whereas now he is being decieved by his master's ulterior motives.

Otherwise, the Burning Legion isn't a failure. They've destroyed countless worlds. Sargeras simply needs this one whole. KJ's personal inability to deal with his people who've been eluding him is on him alone, just as the Lich King's disobedience was and just like Illidan's disobedience was. These are his failed projects.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2017-03-25 at 12:01 PM.

Everything Kil'jaeden does is for Kil'jaeden

Also you have to take into consideration that KJ saw Velen denying Sargeras' power as utter betrayal. Hell, he's been hunting Velen down for tens of thousands of years. So when he sees his ex best friend, the one he has been hunting for millennia, talking mad shit he's going to be pissed.

Not for nothing but KJ doesn't have much of a leg to stand on. All of these failures were his doing. The corruption of the orcs, the Lich King, Illidan, and Gul'dan were all pawns that were either too weak to do his bidding, or told him to fuck off while they did their own thing. The only thing he has the right to be upset about is that their supposed leader isn't around to cleave planets in half anymore. Azeroth is just too OP.

If he does turn on Sargeras it certainly wouldn't be to our benefit. He did most of the recruiting into the Legion, he's the acting leader. He still wants Velen and everyone around him dead. He holds a lot of control over the massive army of demons. Of course, KJ is also a genius among a race of geniuses. Forming a coup when the biggest threat to their whole plan would ruin everything, so it would be really out of character for him to act so irresponsibly.

At least that's my take on it. KJ is way passed the point of benefiting from Sargeras' demise.
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, he is called the Deceiver.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

I think he won't turn on Legion. The whole point of cinematic si he's going all in and he doesn't care about Sargeras' plan anymore.

I want to see sargeras smite him
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    I mean I thought it was obvious he wasn't turning on Sargeras. His entire second half of the video was basically an admittance that he went all-in with the Legion. He definitely isn't going to betray Sargeras. Kil'jaeden is outclassed by him by several thousand magnitudes of power, at least.

It seems pretty clear from Sargeras' words here and Kil'jaeden's impulses that the 7.2 attack wasn't something Sargeras himself ordered, but Kil'jaeden going all-in, again, because he's sick of Sargeras' long-term bullshit that has obviously not succeeded. And thus when Kil'jaeden is killed by us above Argus, it'll be full circle for him. The Eredar called 'The Deceiver,' renowned for his subterfuge and strategy ends up falling because he's been too impatient and couldn't wait to accomplish his goal any longer.
    Watch all of this happen, only for it all to lead to Sargeras' Death...

Kil'jaeden dies in the nether..

We go to Argus

Sargeras presses the Fuck it Button

He fights us

We absorb the Pillars of creation, while Absorbing the powers of Azeroth's titan for a few...

And Sargeras dies, cause of our United power...

We lose that power

Not, onto Naga/Old Gods.

Watch it happen...

It wouldn't be out of character. Kil'jaeden has been "against" Sargeras for some time now. When he emerges from the Sunwell in SWP, he says:
    Kil'jaeden yells: The expendable have perished... So be it! Now I shall succeed where Sargeras could not! I will bleed this wretched world and secure my place as the true master of the Burning Legion. The end has come! Let the unraveling of this world commence!
    Besides that, his major part to play in the Legion was hunting down the Draenei through Talgath (and even then, Talgath corrupted many other worlds along the way and made the Dreadblades). Archimonde notes that Kil'jaeden seems to care more about hunting the Draenei than anything else in the Burning Legion Missive toy. Kil'jaeden has never been shown, at least in WoW, to be obedient or submissive to Sargeras, nor has he been dedicated to the entire cause.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Actually KJ hitting eject button and getting the fuck out of there, severing his ties to failgion, would be one of the most refreshing things to happen in lore.
    This

10chars

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    I love how people attacked me when I stated many months ago that I think KJ has his own agenda and will turn on Sargy, yet now the same people come up with the theory and think they're right, LUL.

Quote Originally Posted by Farron69 View Post
    I love how people attacked me when I stated many months ago that I think KJ has his own agenda and will turn on Sargy, yet now the same people come up with the theory and think they're right, LUL.
    I love how you people to turn forums sections into Twitch chat with LUL, Pogchamp etc.

Quote Originally Posted by FunctionalSTR View Post
    Kind of looking back at Blizzard's formula for how they have built up villains. A theme that occurs often is when a big bad guy is designated in the beginning, and as the story progresses we see he/she/it is struggling with some inner turmoil in regards to loyalties or moral, and then at the climax he/she/it ends up turning good OR doing that one sacrificial good deed to help the protagonists.

The 7.2. trailer certainly implied frustration Kil'jaeden has with Sargeras due to (in his mind) the consistent failures of the Burning Legion. Frustrated enough to make it to the level of almost BLAMING Sargeras.

And also, unless I'm looking too much into it, you can tell during the scene of Kil'jaeden watching the dudes @ Krasus Landing speak that when Velen begins talking about the true masters of the Legion revealing themselves, and speaks about Kil'jaeden (calling him a monster, etc)... the look of utter sadness on KJ's face followed by anger. He looks almost... hurt still.

Perhaps this is more of a rant, or a maybe a plea, but please do NOT have KJ ending up turning on Sargeras to the benefit of us.

Mannoroth and Archimonde were evil and against us to the end.

KJ is supposed to be infinitely more evil and devious than they.
    Kiljaeden wants to be the undisputed master of the legion !! Kiljaeden is tired of sargeras.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Master Higuchi View Post
    Everything Kil'jaeden does is for Kil'jaeden

Also you have to take into consideration that KJ saw Velen denying Sargeras' power as utter betrayal. Hell, he's been hunting Velen down for tens of thousands of years. So when he sees his ex best friend, the one he has been hunting for millennia, talking mad shit he's going to be pissed.

Not for nothing but KJ doesn't have much of a leg to stand on. All of these failures were his doing. The corruption of the orcs, the Lich King, Illidan, and Gul'dan were all pawns that were either too weak to do his bidding, or told him to fuck off while they did their own thing. The only thing he has the right to be upset about is that their supposed leader isn't around to cleave planets in half anymore. Azeroth is just too OP.

If he does turn on Sargeras it certainly wouldn't be to our benefit. He did most of the recruiting into the Legion, he's the acting leader. He still wants Velen and everyone around him dead. He holds a lot of control over the massive army of demons. Of course, KJ is also a genius among a race of geniuses. Forming a coup when the biggest threat to their whole plan would ruin everything, so it would be really out of character for him to act so irresponsibly.

At least that's my take on it. KJ is way passed the point of benefiting from Sargeras' demise.
    In fact when I read cronicas 2. for me it was clear that if the legion did not win in the second war was because of sargeras, kiljaeden had a good plan but sargeras did not allow him to continue working

Quote Originally Posted by Julianor View Post
    he wont, (voice lines of his encounter are known)
    Except his death is in a cinematic like Gul'dan's. So no, we don't know what happens after his hp reaches 0%.

I don't expect that he'll become good or anything, but I do expect him to betray Sargeras. In Sunwell he talked about wanting to take over the Legion, so it wouldn't really be out of left field.

Also even if he wanted to become good, Velen's probably not interested in letting him.

Plot twist: KJ isn't actually a KJ, he is the Jaina who is a dreadlord.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though