Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    Saying what you think somthing is doesnt mean you can make up facts. The fact is by definition it is not a muslim ban. The fact is he is blocking all citizens without a visa from those named countries. The Fact is he is not banning all muslims worldwide form entering the US. So continuing to call it a muslim ban is completely dishonest behavior. It doesnt even matter if he said he wants to ban certain or all muslims from entering the country because the fact is he hasnt and hasnt tried to ban all muslims. Hes targeting countries for valid reasons. Their governments dont play nice and its hard to verify background information. Somthing you need in a vetting process. There plenty of other muslim majority countries that are not on this list. Why? Because they play nice.

Its not a muslim ban period. Stop calling it one.
    Again, you can point to the Executive Order all you like - what Trump and Co. have done and said regarding immigration since campaigning for the election up to now demonstrate that it was and remains intended as a targeted ban against Muslims entering the US. Neither I, nor the judiciary are fooled.

Saudi Arabia plays nice, despite being one of the chief bankrollers of Islamic terrorism. Right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    Saying what you think somthing is doesnt mean you can make up facts. The fact is by definition it is not a muslim ban. The fact is he is blocking all citizens without a visa from those named countries. The Fact is he is not banning all muslims worldwide form entering the US. So continuing to call it a muslim ban is completely dishonest behavior. It doesnt even matter if he said he wants to ban certain or all muslims from entering the country because the fact is he hasnt and hasnt tried to ban all muslims. Hes targeting countries for valid reasons. Their governments dont play nice and its hard to verify background information. Somthing you need in a vetting process. There plenty of other muslim majority countries that are not on this list. Why? Because they play nice.

Its not a muslim ban period. Stop calling it one.
    People like to spin things to fit their narrative. That is just the way "extremists" seem to act.

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    Because many have nothing better to do with their lives.
    Seems a bit melodramatic, doesn't it? I promise, I'll go live a sufficiently rich life later in the day.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, OP Shitposts and bails.

Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    The constitution is what the judiciary says it is.
    No, the constitution exists as its own entity and it is the judiciary's job to properly interpret it. Judicial interpretations can be and have been wrong.

What you're claiming is that the law is whatever judges want it to be, which is not the case.

Again, you can point to the Executive Order all you like - what Trump and Co. have done and said regarding immigration since campaigning for the election up to now demonstrate that it was and remains intended as a targeted ban against Muslims entering the US. Neither I, nor the judiciary are fooled.

Saudi Arabia plays nice, despite being one of the chief bankrollers of Islamic terrorism. Right.
    The Saudi Arabian government or individuals in Saudi Arabia? There is quite a bit of difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Seems a bit melodramatic, doesn't it? I promise, I'll go live a sufficiently rich life later in the day.
    Wanna grab a microbrew and look down our noses at Joe the Plumber because we are clearly out of touch with modern America?

- - - Updated - - -

The Saudi Arabian government or individuals in Saudi Arabia? There is quite a bit of difference.
    Are we making a distinction now? Because none of the countries on the ban had nationals that participated in attacks against the US in any major way.

Moreover, it's that time of day when I state an unpopular truth.

Islamic terrorism is not a significant issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Allerius View Post
    No, the constitution exists as its own entity and it is the judiciary's job to properly interpret it. Judicial interpretations can be and have been wrong.

What you're claiming is that the law is whatever judges want it to be, which is not the case.
    By 'interpreting it', they are stating what it is.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Given the actual mechanics for changing the Constitution and how divided the US is, amendments at this point are next to impossible, not when Congress could barely agree on the budget a year ago and can't agree about healthcare reform now.

I'd also rather the interpretations of a Constitution change over time, than the document itself. An overly amended Constitution is just another code of laws.
    I would prefer we bother to write our laws down and if we can't agree on new ones, we'll just have to live with the old ones.

I realize this is an unpopular opinion - people that are enthusiastic about changing the status quo have found that it's much more feasible to do it by judicial fiat than to actually get a decent majority of people to agree with them.

- - - Updated - - -

Wanna grab a microbrew and look down our noses at Joe the Plumber because we are clearly out of touch with modern America?
    #coastal elite

(I don't live on a coast anymore, but whatever)

10+ Year Old Account
    I would prefer we bother to write our laws down and if we can't agree on new ones, we'll just have to live with the old ones.

I realize this is an unpopular opinion - people that are enthusiastic about changing the status quo have found that it's much more feasible to do it by judicial fiat than to actually get a decent majority of people to agree with them.
    The problem is that the way the US is structured, even a 'decent majority' is insufficient.

Nothing about being authoritarian necessarily implies advocating policies that are cruel, or pointless, or worse - both. There has to be significant net benefit to justify any detriment, and in this case there is no benefit to a travel ban. It's cruel, it serves no demonstrable purpose besides appeasing idiots in flyover country, and it costs political capital on the international stage.
    As opposed to moronic policy meant to appease idiots on the bookends of the country? No thanks.

Your "cruel and pointless" bit along with your oh so sensitive to international political capital outlook is hilarious. You're going pretty soft, like a pretzel and just as twisted.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

There are people on this it seems their hobby is politics. I suppose everyone needs a hobby. Politics just isn't at the top of my list. Nowhere near the top of it in fact, especially foreign politics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Damajin View Post
    As opposed to moronic policy meant to appease idiots on the bookends of the country? No thanks.
    The existing policy is far from 'moronic'.

Your "cruel and pointless" bit along with your oh so sensitive to international political capital outlook is hilarious. You're going pretty soft, like a pretzel and just as twisted.
    Or, more accurately, I have a visceral dislike of stupid policies regardless of which party passes them.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Can we, like, not? Travel from these countries is not an existential threat to any western nation.
    You can not want it as much as you want. Myself? I would like more than just the few that are currently chosen to be banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    You can not want it as much as you want. Myself? I would like more than just the few that are currently chosen to be banned.
    Why are you scared of Muslims and not people with guns? Or people driving cars?

You're more likely to be killed by an American with a gun or an American behind the whell then you are a terrorist attack?
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Are we making a distinction now? Because none of the countries on the ban had nationals that participated in attacks against the US in any major way.

Moreover, it's that time of day when I state an unpopular truth.

Islamic terrorism is not a significant issue.
    The list of countries came from the former administration. Issues will need to be taken up with them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    Yes, I'm aware that your kind is allergic to brown people.

Why don't you move out to Hicksville, Wyoming and never have to worry about coming into contact with an immigrant?

- - - Updated - - -

The list of countries came from the former administration. Issues will need to be taken up with them.
    "But but, Obama did it first."

Grow a spine.

You mean the same administration that accroding you guys did nothing to stem terrorist attacks?
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Why are you scared of Muslims and not people with guns? Or people driving cars?

You're more likely to be killed by an American with a gun or an American behind the whell then you are a terrorist attack?
    Did he state he was "scared" of Muslims?
    People are more likely to die from heart disease and cancer than either of those that you mentioned. Are you "scared" of either of those?

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I'm aware that your kind is allergic to brown people.

Why don't you move out to Hicksville, Wyoming and never have to worry about coming into contact with an immigrant?
    Lol. I'm not allergic to Brown people, my Friend circle is pretty diverse when it comes to skin colour. I'm just opposed to shitty ideologies and cultures that clash with my own. It's pretty racist for you to assume that only "brown" people hold those beliefs.

Also why would I move to Wyoming or any US state for that matter? I enjoy my own Country thank you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by patriothammer View Post

I saw your post and I thought to myself, this pic makes him look like Boss Nass from star wars, sure enough when I google Boss Nass, the first pic of him is a comparison to trump, then I came across this: