10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    Bears signed Sanchez. Wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't end up making their roster unless Connor Shaw gets hurt again.
    He couldn't make it in Denver where their QB situation was, well... lacking a vet.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Apparently AP wants 8-9m a year to play.
    yeah, no wonder no one is signing him then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    I guess the Packers are willing to meet with him, just not at that price.
    Maybe 4-5m would be reasonable. Even then...

Apparently for Tony Romo its Texans or retirement (and presumably a broadcast commentator). Maybe Broncos, but it doesn't sound like the Broncos are interested.

15+ Year Old Account
    With him breaking so often? Hahahaha.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently for Tony Romo its Texans or retirement (and presumably a broadcast commentator). Maybe Broncos, but it doesn't sound like the Broncos are interested.
    Meh, the story changes almost daily, so I don't know anymore. I still say there's potential to even keep him on as a backup.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also some interesting rule purposals for owners to vote on:

Opt outs for color rush jerseys and allowing alternate helmets again. I doubt the former will happen because sales. The weirdest one is to allow the signing of head coaches while the post season is going on for the current coach's team. That shit hopefully will never happen. Its bad enough now. Making half time 13.5 minutes long. Allowing officials to announce rulings during commercial breaks, and replace the sideline "replay hood" with handheld tablets that all refs could see (and broadcast cameras if daring)... which I don't see happening.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dallas signs Byron Bell

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skayaq View Post
    yeah, no wonder no one is signing him then.
    Agreed.

I think AP is basing his desired contract on his incoming bills and not his actual market. There's not a team in the league that's going to sign him for 8 or 9 million.

I think he'll wise up and sign a small 1 year deal somewhere with a bunch of incentives to make it look good and then we'll see how well he will do in training camp. Writers will point out how good he looks soon enough once the pads are on and he's going through drills. It's usually pretty clear after 3 pre-season games how the teams think their personnel looks.

Deleted
    If his salary was mostly performance and incentive based, that's not outlandish. For showing up, I guess not.

Btw read all 39 pages, sometimes I'm in this thread before I'm on nfl.com. Good job all.

10+ Year Old Account
    The weirdest one is to allow the signing of head coaches while the post season is going on for the current coach's team. That shit hopefully will never happen. Its bad enough now.
    With how awkward and terrible things were for Alabama and their OC follies you have to think nobody will want to see that impacting the NFL postseason. Things worked well enough for Shanahan this year, no need for change.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...om-fitzgerald/

Well at least something came out of that loss.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...om-fitzgerald/

Well at least something came out of that loss.
    Jesus haha

10+ Year Old Account
    City of Oakland puts out another terrible stadium proposal for a small inadequate venue. Would take $500mil from the Raiders to contribute to a 55,000 seat turd thats obsolete before it even begins construction, I wonder what they'll say. The city did put together $750mil in public funding, so they did a lot more than San Diego ever did, and its too bad things probably won't work out for them. They deserve better.

RIP Clay Matthews Sr.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    City of Oakland puts out another terrible stadium proposal for a small inadequate venue. Would take $500mil from the Raiders to contribute to a 55,000 seat turd thats obsolete before it even begins construction, I wonder what they'll say. The city did put together $750mil in public funding, so they did a lot more than San Diego ever did, and its too bad things probably won't work out for them. They deserve better.

RIP Clay Matthews Sr.
    Could just say that the low amount of seats are for a cinematic feel.

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Or just do what the Pats did and you know, build your own stadium and not take tax money for a private business? Gogo Massachusetts to saying fuck you to giving money to stadiums.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mark Davis doesn't have that kind of money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Mark Davis doesn't have that kind of money.
    Exactly, and I'd rather have Mark Davis run the Raiders then whatever penny pincher mega rich billionaire that could afford to build his own stadium. The stadium would be great, but it would be a team without a soul. It wouldn't be the Raiders.

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I hear what you're saying, but I never liked using public tax money to fund a private funded company's stadium, it never sat well with me. If you can't build your own, you shouldn't own the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Belichick View Post
    I hear what you're saying, but I never liked using public tax money to fund a private funded company's stadium, it never sat well with me. If you can't build your own, you shouldn't own the team.
    Plus it seemingly never ends up being worth it for the cities themselves. I just find it hard to justify these cities basically wasting huge chunks of taxpayer money on something that doesnt return the investment and is usually quite expensive (esp football) so a lot of people end up not even using it.

10+ Year Old Account
    It honestly takes a lot of work and a lot of marketing / planning to make a stadium worth it for the locals. ATT Stadium is worth it (although the eminent domain fight was nasty), but Id say that's an exception.