Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LaserChild9 View Post
    Maybe, but they also gave us Jar Jar Binks... How did that Isolationism work out for them
    After seeing that Boss Nass/Trump comparison it reminded me of a video I once saw proving that Jar Jar was a Sith Lord in disguise.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8yy3q9f84EA

Pretty convincing if you know the history of Palpatine.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I don't really see how this changes the point at all. You wouldn't be deflecting by nitpicking, would you?
    This country was literally built on immigration. How is that nitpicking?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    Still failed to answer the basic of my questions. I will answer your though simply because that is the way I am.

No, you are not calling for a ban for of foods and products linked to those things.

I will ask you once again. Why do you think I am "scared of Muslims". I could be a Muslim. Cassius Clay was a Muslim. Do you think people feared him because of his religion? Do you think many people fear Dave Chappell? Hakeem Olajuwon? Shaquille O'Neal? Mike Tyson?

Don't worry, I don't expect you to directly answer my questions.
    Have a wonderful day.
    You're not making sense.

There is no reason to be for a muslim ban if you're not afraid of Muslims being terrorists. I don't know else to answer the question you're asking.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Damajin View Post
    Sure. That rose tinted perspective of ones' own self providing ample distance for you right now. Enjoy.

Also how could I be a Trump supporter when I didn't vote for him or vote at all? Keep in mind that just because I agree with the travel ban and was a proponent of it long before he was ever running(incidentally Obama banned the shit out of people and none of your sandy vags ever blinked)doesn't mean I support the guy. In essence he's ripping off MY policies to buffer his base of support while he does what I said he was going to do: Goldman Sachs the fuck out of the WH, no different than Hillary would have.

The point of the ban is to keep people from problematic and incompatible parts of the world out of our society. We don't owe them anything as far as welcoming or appeasing their desires to live here, especially as their family and countrymen continue to espouse ideas and practices that are contrary to EVERYTHING we've built.

Before you take the 'moderate Muslim' route let me just dash cold water on that joke of a notion, because the only 'moderates' that exist are the non practicing ones. The ones who were born Muslim but don't follow it at all, the same way I was born into a Catholic family and yet couldn't give a fuck about that. When 70% of your entire population doesn't belong in ANY Western country that's all we need to be told to just outright lock them out, and the ban should be extended further to places like Saudi Arabia and the rest of the recognized state sponsors yet cozy with Washington crowd.

But hey, you're the one who is so dumb you automatically assume every travel ban supporter is a Trump supporter so I expect you to fuck up more of this stuff.
    Yeah, how could I reead that and not mistake you for a Trump supporter.....

Based on what you wrote, I'll just consider you the bigot that you are and stop trying reason with someone who thinks that incredibly backwards.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

10+ Year Old Account
    Still failed to answer the basic of my questions. I will answer your though simply because that is the way I am.

No, you are not calling for a ban for of foods and products linked to those things.

I will ask you once again. Why do you think I am "scared of Muslims". I could be a Muslim. Cassius Clay was a Muslim. Do you think people feared him because of his religion? Do you think many people fear Dave Chappell? Hakeem Olajuwon? Shaquille O'Neal? Mike Tyson?

Don't worry, I don't expect you to directly answer my questions.
    Have a wonderful day.
    So based on your above quote, I have a question for you which I assume you will answer due to pointing out that someone else did not answer yours.

So if you don't support the ban out of fear, why do you support it?

The countries included in the ban have never been involved in a terror attack on the US, so I don't understand why they are being targeted. Generally speaking, US citizens commit far more terror attacks on US soil than foreign terrorists so shouldn't trump be focusing on preventing domestic terrorism rather than unnecessarily alienating huge swathes of the middle east?

If each of the countries in the ban had produced several terrorists that had attacked the US then sure, I could see the logic, but as it stands, it is literally just singling them out because they are mainly muslim and don't have anything trump wants. Of the 9/11 attackers 15 were from Saudi Arabia, 2 were from the United Arab Emirates, 1 from Egypt and 1 from Lebannon the worst Terror attack in recent history, and not a single one of those countries is on the ban list, and guess who has business interests in 3 of those countries?

This ban is trump saying "Look! I kept you safe from the bad bad Muslims" while he is distracting people from countries that actually have produced terrorists but would damage him financially if included in the ban.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So based on your above quote, I have a question for you which I assume you will answer due to pointing out that someone else did not answer yours.

The countries included in the ban have never been involved in a terror attack on the US, so I don't understand why they are being targeted. Generally speaking, US citizens commit far more terror attacks on US soil than foreign terrorists so shouldn't trump be focusing on preventing domestic terrorism rather than unnecessarily alienating huge swathes of the middle east?

If each of the countries in the ban had produced several terrorists that had attacked the US then sure, I could see the logic, but as it stands, it is literally just singling them out because they are mainly muslim and don't have anything trump wants. Of the 9/11 attackers 15 were from Saudi Arabia, 2 were from the United Arab Emirates, 1 from Egypt and 1 from Lebannon the worst Terror attack in recent history, and not a single one of those countries is on the ban list, and guess who has business interests in 3 of those countries?

This ban is trump saying "Look! I kept you safe from the bad bad Muslims" while he is distracting people from countries that actually have produced terrorists but would damage him financially if included in the ban.

Not to mention the US has one of the most extreme vetting process's in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    There are people who are pro-Muslim ban because they want the US to be a Christian nation and it slows the influx of those different than them...
    ...because they are afraid of people who aren't Muslim and what changes that might bring.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Did I state I supported it?

The list of countries were from the prior administration not from the current one.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    This isn't what "literally" means in any sense.

In any sense, the country was emphatically not built by MENA immigrants.

- - - Updated - - -

You're not making sense.

There is no reason to be for a muslim ban if you're not afraid of Muslims being terrorists. I don't know else to answer the question you're asking.

- - - Updated - - -

Based on what you wrote, I'll just consider you the bigot that you are and stop trying reason with someone who thinks that incredibly backwards.
    Lol...
    Now if people aren't "scared" they are labeled bigots. Oh my!

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Did I state I supported it?

The list of countries were from the prior administration not from the current one.

Do you support it?

The previous administration picked them for something else. Not for a ban. Thats just a cop-put so you don't have to actually think and give a reason.

This isn't what "literally" means in any sense.

In any sense, the country was emphatically not built by MENA immigrants.
    It was built by immigrants. There is no reason to stop that now.

So we should only allow immigrants from places that came here during a certain period form the past?

- - - Updated - - -

Lol...
    Now if people aren't "scared" they are labeled bigots. Oh my!
    WTF, did you read what they wrote? Saying there's no such thing as a moderate practicing Muslim is by defintion a bigot.

And that stupid thought process is based entirely on fear. He and you are both scared shitless these people coming here are militant Muslims hellbent on Sharia Law, beheading white people and whatever other silly thing you think. It's fear. You are scared. Deal with it or at minimum, have the sack to admit you're scared of Muslims.

I mean seriously what the fuck?

People really should not believe the MSM media 100%. Unfortunately, most ill informed people do.
    The MSM has it's own agenda. That is to make as much money in as little time as possible. They will spin the news to fit that agenda.
    This is about the judges, not the people. Some judges are convinced that religion is involved in the ban due to Trump's own statements. His speeches that riled his fandom is what's screwing over the 2nd ban.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Uh, ok? I gave a reason people are for a Muslim ban even if they aren't worried about all Muslims being terrorists.
    Uh ok, it's still fear.

Fear of them being terrorists. Fear of change.

Is all still fear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kinda unsure why this thing is even considered a solution

Its missing Saudi Arabia, Egypt, and Pakistan, countries that train, fund, or harbor terrorists .

So we should only allow immigrants from places that came here during a certain period form the past?

- - - Updated - - -

WTF, did you read what they wrote? Saying there's no such thing as a moderate practicing Muslim is by defintion a bigot.

And that stupid thought process is based entirely on fear. He and you are both scared shitless these people coming here are militant Muslims hellbent on Sharia Law, beheading white people and whatever other silly thing you think. It's fear. You are scared. Deal with it or at minimum, have the sack to admit you're scared of Muslims.

I mean seriously what the fuck?
    lol more vulgarities...
    Please quote where I indicated to you where I was "scared" of Muslims. Quite the contrary, I gave you examples of why people shouldn't be "scared" of Muslims.

We shall be waiting on you nonexistent quote.
    Have a wonderful day.

This is an incredibly silly argument that has no standing whatsoever. Just repeating the "it's who we are" isn't likely to make anyone any more enthusiastic about MENA immigration.

If you think there's literally "no reason" to ever impose limits on nation of origin for immigration, you're an extremist.

lol more vulgarities...
    Please quote where I indicated to you where I was "scared" of Muslims. Quite the contrary, I gave you examples of why people shouldn't be "scared" of Muslims.

We shall be waiting on you nonexistent quote.
    Have a wonderful day.
    I never said you said you were scared of Muslims.

I said you don't want them here because you're scared of them. That's true regardless of whether you have the sack to admit you're scared or not.

- - - Updated - - -

You're not making sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh no, whatever will I do without the stellar wisdom you impart.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

This is an incredibly silly argument that has no standing whatsoever. Just repeating the "it's who we are" isn't likely to make anyone any more enthusiastic about MENA immigration.

If you think there's literally "no reason" to ever impose limits on nation of origin for immigration, you're an extremist.
    WTF are you even talking about?

You started this by saying the ban was about it the practicality of traveling to certain countries when the ban is all about stopping people coming here form those countries. Yopu then decided to call that semantics, when that's LITERALLY the stupidest thing you've implied at this point. Now you're trying to further play a semantics game.

This country was built on immigrants. Fact. I never sai there should be no restrictions, also fact. One mroe fact for your smenatics playing ass, there are other restrictions besides straight up bans.

im confused is this the same ban that obama had goin i mean they are the same 7 countries right?
    mr pickles

I never said you said you were scared of Muslims.

I said you don't want them here because you're scared of them. That's true regardless of whether you have the sack to admit you're scared or not.
    Let me get this right.
    You never said I was scared of them. But you said I don't want them here because I'm scared of them?

Where did I state that I don't want "them" here because I'm scared of them? Surely you can find that quote for us then.
    Remember now, I already proved there was no reason for people to fear Muslims in an earlier post.
    We shall be waiting on this nonexistent quote of mine.
    Have a wonderful day.