Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Double Ice Lance in 7.2

7.2 is announced for next week. Will double Ice Lance still work at that point?

if not, RIP..

I don't believe that we've recieved an official respone re: double ice lance, but considering that it's definitely unintended and that there's no way BNlizz doesn't know about it, I'm gonna guess that it's going to go the way of the dodo.

That being said, the DPS increase fromt he exploit it pretty minor in the scheme of things, and it won't really affect the state of Frost overall.

How is it minor?

the amount of IV time that is increased by using double IL is pretty huge, which results in a big dps increase

I haven't verified this myself, but a couple of people have mentions that losing it will be be around 10-15k DPS. That's like 1.5% if you're doing 700k.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spellstorm View Post
    I haven't verified this myself, but a couple of people have mentions that losing it will be be around 10-15k DPS. That's like 1.5% if you're doing 700k.
    It's more like 50-60k when simming 900k.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchmagoz View Post
    It's more like 50-60k when simming 900k.
    Is it really that big of a dealbreaker? Also, can you give me an idea of what circumstances allow one to double ice lance? As in, haste needed, distance from boss, if shimmer is included, latency, etc.
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    Is it really that big of a dealbreaker? Also, can you give me an idea of what circumstances allow one to double ice lance? As in, haste needed, distance from boss, if shimmer is included, latency, etc.
    any two haste buffs.
    Bloodlust, berzerking, trinketproc, icyveins.

Id say the nerf is around 5%. but thats just feelcrafting. ur gonna have to sim for a more accurate answer :P

Any confirmation if this is going live with 7.2?

It wasn't working for me when I tried it on PTR 2 weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by stevenho View Post
    It wasn't working for me when I tried it on PTR 2 weeks ago.
    Is this PTR latency related or has there been some confirmed change? Nothing in any actual notes as far as I can tell

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcpenco1234 View Post
    How is it minor?

the amount of IV time that is increased by using double IL is pretty huge, which results in a big dps increase
    You cannot play mage and stay 10 yards away from the boss to perform perfect rotation.
    It is a substancial buff, ok, but only possible when you can sit under boss hitbox.... so, don't count on it too much.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Delath View Post
    Is this PTR latency related or has there been some confirmed change? Nothing in any actual notes as far as I can tell
    it is your own latency tolerance that is to fix.
    to perform double ice lance, you need the game to "store the next spell to ba cast" a few more miliseconds. Or else you have to be able to cast the spell on the perfect time like a robot.

but you are not a robot so ... fix your latency tolerance (raise it to 75ms, it should be ok)

Double IL is not an exploit, it is a legit mechanic that became possible due to extreme amount of haste from procs that blizz introduced this patch.
    But it is very hard and gimmicky, so blizz said they don't want it.
    And they stated that they want it to be fixed in 7.2.
    Personally I think it is a great thing in the game. One of the very few hardcore things in this casuality mud.

Quote Originally Posted by Delath View Post
    Hard to say for sure, but it wasn't working even with forward movement which cancels most of the latency out. IMO it's "fixed".

Quote Originally Posted by Imaskar View Post
    Double IL is not an exploit, it is a legit mechanic that became possible due to extreme amount of haste from procs that blizz introduced this patch.
    But it is very hard and gimmicky, so blizz said they don't want it.
    And they stated that they want it to be fixed in 7.2.
    Personally I think it is a great thing in the game. One of the very few hardcore things in this casuality mud.
    It was never intended. Hence why they want to fix it. Although I like the complexity, the way it works just isn't something blizz is going to let go.
    Last edited by Dylemma; 2017-03-24 at 02:56 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dylemma View Post
    It was never intended. Hence why they want to fix it. Although I like the complexity, the way it works just isn't something blizz is going to let go.
    they also said that frozen touch was underperforming and will get a buff as long as said buff didnt make it possible to have 100% up time on IV, so the dps loss from the double icelance should be made up by a buff to to frozen touch assuming blizz follows through.

besides, removing double icelance isnt a particularly big nerf bcoz you cant do it all the time due to the iffy nature of double icelancing as its only possible in certain situations, its one of those things were having higher latency helps you but said latency only helps you in that 1 area. either way, i wont see much of a change, i havent filled out ebonchill yet so 7.2 will be about a 5-7% ST buff for me even without double icelancing.
    Last edited by mmoca748dddcc2; 2017-03-24 at 03:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    they also said that frozen touch was underperforming and will get a buff as long as said buff didnt make it possible to have 100% up time on IV, so the dps loss from the double icelance should be made up by a buff to to frozen touch assuming blizz follows through.

besides, removing double icelance isnt a particularly big nerf bcoz you cant do it all the time due to the iffy nature of double icelancing as its only possible in certain situations, its one of those things were having higher latency helps you but said latency only helps you in that 1 area. either way, i wont see much of a change, i havent filled out ebonchill yet so 7.2 will be about a 5-7% ST buff for me even without double icelancing.

Removal of double ice lance would be roughly a 7% nerf on live (sim yourself for exact numbers) and will be even more in 7.2 because of the new artifact traits.

There's nothing iffy about successfully double ice lancing and it's possible in all situations above the haste threshold.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stache View Post
    Removal of double ice lance would be roughly a 7% nerf on live (sim yourself for exact numbers) and will be even more in 7.2 because of the new artifact traits.

There's nothing iffy about successfully double ice lancing and it's possible in all situations above the haste threshold.
    yeah, was about my estimate as well, i only got 45 traits in ebonchill so for me its going to be a slight dps increase due to the new traits compared to b4, for those with 54 traits its going to be 7ish% dps loss. now we must wait and see if blizz will get around to buffing frozen touch, removing the double icelancing should help.

ofc, there is no iffy part in having the haste and then doing it, the iffy part comes during the encounters and when you get said haste threshold.
    Last edited by mmoca748dddcc2; 2017-03-25 at 08:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stache View Post
    Removal of double ice lance would be roughly a 7% nerf on live (sim yourself for exact numbers)
    Let me guess - you got that number simming a long (400s+) fight, while wearing Shard.

Quote Originally Posted by stevenho View Post
    Let me guess - you got that number simming a long (400s+) fight, while wearing Shard.
    It Should be a pretty significant loss while using whispers trinket and shard, but mostly on single target. Tho buff incoming to frozen touch should make it okay

Where are the frozen touch mentionned?