Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    ...tax-exempting them is being favored by the state. And if you wanna remove some of that debt, taxing them would go a long way.
    You can't have separation of church and state and decide to tax churches. Like I said before, you can't have it both ways. It bothers me that no one else on this forum grasps the irony of asking for separation of church and state, and then turning around and asking the state to tax a church. I really need to start posting these debates on reddit.
    Last edited by Seani; 2017-03-25 at 08:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seani View Post
    You can't have separation of church and state and decide to tax churches. Like I said before, you can't have it both ways.
    And how can you not. This sounds absolutely stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    And how can you not. This sounds absolutely stupid.
    oh wow, people really need to see this. You can't make this kind of stuff up.

I can say the same about some of your posts...

https://www.thoughtco.com/why-taxati...matters-249598
    Currently, churches receive an automatic charitable tax exemption which is not available to other groups —- an unfortunate and unjustified privilege. Should churches actually have to demonstrate that they are doing charitable work that entitles them to tax exemptions on their own merits, it is unlikely that they would receive the same extensive benefits as they currently do.
    I agree with this reasoning.

I would however add that a God is nothing to a non-believer, so the 'charity' of saving their souls is a nuisance, thus not charity.
    Last edited by Halyon; 2017-03-25 at 09:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    "We have to give churches free money! Not doing that violates separation of church and state!"

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    So when your dad rapes you and the state forces you to have his deformed baby, think about how God is bringing beauty to the world.
    incest is a generational issue. your dad's rape baby would likely be normal.

it's your dad's rape baby that your dad's rape baby has that would maybe be fucked up.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    god doesnt belong in laws or government, the sooner people realize this the sooner we can move forward as a society.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Except they actually make decent arguments for whatever they want changed, arguments based on facts and evidence, instead of "muh religious book says so, therefor it should be law!"
    If you say so... There is plenty of ideas coming from the left/aethiests that are just as much "faith" based as belief in any Religious Texts... Both sides have no hesitation pushing what they think is "correct" on the other.

If you think the left is more "intelligent" and "fact based" then you need to pull your blinders off... because I see just as much BS coming from those that want God out of everything. And I see just as much hate and intolerance coming out of the left... in the name of tolerance and love.

How do you stop stuff you don't agree with? McCarthyist accusations, bullying and RAGE!!! And vagina hats. They go high when the right goes low... by violently attacking speakers they disagree with!!! Because... why stick to your self proclaimed idea's of love and tolerance when you can baselessly call those you disagree with Nazi's, racists and bigots? And then beat them into agreeing with you?

With that said, laws shouldn't be based on religion even if we are a Christian based country. I wouldn't stand for Sharia based law... I wouldn't stand for Jewish or Christian based law. (not that I see shrimp and pork being banned in the US any time soon anyways.)
    Last edited by WernerCD; 2017-03-26 at 12:09 AM.
    [color=blue]This thread has lived beyond its life expectancy. ... It's also met the forum quota for posters insulting the intelligence of their peers to grasp the age-old upper hand in argumentation, I believe officially coined by Plato: "Ur, like, dumb and that's why I'm right." Zarhym

10+ Year Old Account
    This is only because the Bible reinforces the idea that "bad things" happening to you are part of God's plan (which is taught to always be in your benefit, because God's never going to do bad things to you unless you do bad things yourself), and therefore, not actually "bad things" but "tests" to make you into a better person, as opposed to simply being shitty circumstance.

That's why the highly religious have this idea that bad things that happen to good people are actually good things.

And no, we can't actually discuss this thread, it's subject and its content without discussing religion. So yeah.
    Last edited by Sunseeker; 2017-03-26 at 12:25 AM.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Absolutely ridiculous law, but then again you can't expect that much from Oklahoma.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    incest is a generational issue. your dad's rape baby would likely be normal.

it's your dad's rape baby that your dad's rape baby has that would maybe be fucked up.
    Yeah I know.

The article was the one bringing up deformities though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    If it happens in that order, then I guess it's one way of looking on the bright side. Obviously not forcing people to have babies is better, but if this is the case, I don't see anything substantially wrong with trying to appeal to some kind of divine design for the hopes of maintaining one's sanity.
    I think this is a great example of the fact that there isn't always a bright side.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Why would we put him in prison? As far as I know, the only thing he has done wrong is disagree with you.
    Because it's "god's plan", of course.

This is like asking why rapists rape.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WernerCD View Post
    If you say so... There is plenty of ideas coming from the left/aethiests that are just as much "faith" based as belief in any Religious Texts... Both sides have no hesitation pushing what they think is "correct" on the other.

If you think the left is more "intelligent" and "fact based" then you need to pull your blinders off... because I see just as much BS coming from those that want God out of everything. And I see just as much hate and intolerance coming out of the left... in the name of tolerance and love.

How do you stop stuff you don't agree with? McCarthyist accusations, bullying and RAGE!!! And vagina hats. They go high when the right goes low... by violently attacking speakers they disagree with!!! Because... why stick to your self proclaimed idea's of love and tolerance when you can baselessly call those you disagree with Nazi's, racists and bigots? And then beat them into agreeing with you?

With that said, laws shouldn't be based on religion even if we are a Christian based country. I wouldn't stand for Sharia based law... I wouldn't stand for Jewish or Christian based law. (not that I see shrimp and pork being banned in the US any time soon anyways.)
    When people act like and quote off Nazis, we can't call them Nazis now?

Or is this your Trumpet brand of PC talking?
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Because it's "god's plan", of course.

This is like asking why rapists rape.
    I'm not sure I follow. In any case, I think conversation should end now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Only good result from those would be if we castrated the guilty. But I do agree with the basic legislation's purpose.
    You mean Vasectomy? Or what are you, a barbarian?

Or would you rip a female rapists organs out instead of sterilizing them?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fraught
    “If you read the Bible, there’s actually a couple circumstances where that happened and the Lord uses all circumstances,”
    “If you read the Bible, there’s actually a couple circumstances where that happened and the Lord uses all circumstances,”
    So he's justifying this decision on a 2000 year old comic book? Da fuck is wrong with people?

“You won’t make any exceptions for rape, you won’t make any exceptions for incest in this, and you are proffering divine intervention as the reason why you won’t do that,” Williams said. “I think it is very important. This body wants to know, myself personally, whether you believe rape and incest are actually the will of God.”
    The fuck they talking about? Nobody asked me for permission to rape and incest. And if they did, the answer would be fuck no. As in hell no.

I'm not sure I follow. In any case, I think conversation should end now.
    Not that you "follow" anything that runs contrary to your flawed narrative.

Such convenient denial.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    So he's justifying this decision on a 2000 year old comic book? Da fuck is wrong with people?
    It's fanfic. Shit like that is how we end up with 50 Shades of Gray.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.