Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    I define content as that thing that idiots on a forum argue about based on arbitrary rules with ever changing goal posts, depending on who you're asking and what side of their butt hurts most in the morning.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Hotfixes are not content. It's usually fixing content that already exists. If they added new Timewalking dungeons in during a hotfix then that would be content of course.
    Sorry sillyboy but by YOUR logic class tuning is CONTENT too.....
    And NO skins are NOT content. the questline is.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Sorry sillyboy but by YOUR logic class tuning is CONTENT too.....
    And NO skins are NOT content. the questline is.
    Nope. It's tuning content that is already in the game. Also adding a skin to an Artifact Weapon would be content. It just wouldn't be something to brag about unlike a raid.

Adding a new mount, weapon skin or new raid is content but on 3 varying levels of size. A raid is of course massive whereas a skin or mount is something small.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-03-25 at 09:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just because I know it pisses you off, Jaylock:

MoP was content.

Everything is content except for multiple difficulties of the same thing. If they gave us a patch that added nothing but a new level of mythic +, there would be no content in that patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Content - some activity, that makes me log in regularly and, therefore, makes me want to pay sub fee.

Currently things, that are content for me:
    1) Collecting full 695 Baleful set in Tanaan Jungle with flying
    2) Leveling Garrison to full set of 675 followers + Level 3 shipyard
    3) Leveling new characters, when no #1 or #2 content available

Dungeons and raids had been content for me in the past, but Blizzard devalued this content so much, that I no longer want to do it. I do them from time to time, but I wouldn't pay sub fee to be able to play them.

Any PVP has never been content for me.
    You cant just say "content for me" because what you don't consider content is actualy *GASP* Content!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teebone View Post

MoP was content.
    It was a steaming pile of dogshit content, thats what it was.

MoP was content.
    Isn't it a bit silly to post just to antagonize someone?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVaryag View Post
    That'd be subjective, for some people content Is PvP, to some It's just story.

To me, "Content" Is story progression and raids with some PvP Improvements, a mix of all 3. Something new for everyone, but sadly that doesn't apply much these days, as most people are casuals and there's not much Hardcore content so to speak. Everyone can do anything In Legion. I believe In the older way of doing things, from Vanilla, TBC and wrath.

It took time, dedication, teamwork, a guild most likely and some friends alongside luck. Now any random sod can have Mythic level gear, or better just by running a ton of Mythic + dungeons, or even pay money for It and get boosted.

So far, TBC/Wrath remains the best expansions when It comes to given content, story, raids and PvP. Both were lacking many things, no expansion Is perfect not In the slightest. But TBC and wrath were close to being perfect If only Blizzard didn't go Casualcraft In Cataclysm.

So many potential In Legion, and they squander It by making It a casual mess, with a butchered lore, the entire expansion made to be a Nostalgia fest and heavily rellies on that, giving players what they wanted so long ago, but only give It to us now cause their subs are so low and WoD was such a failure (Aka Illidan, Demon Hunters, Vrukuls, Xavius and the nightmare, the Nightborne basically being the blood elves of this expansion) so on and so on.

You made up reasons for the Legion to return and Illidan to appear as the good guy despite killing millions. You can make another planet appear and be relevant, a completely, new planet. New creatures, new race, new characters, new everything.
    first of all you cant say they "butchered" legions lore and like tbc, because if there was one fault with tbc was the lore. the completely ruined the lore of illidan, there was aboslutely no reason for us to kill him. and Illidan have always been the good guy. since we first met him in game (wc3) and every book of him, he have always hade one thing in mind, to destroy the burning legion. so it make sence that he helps us, and legion is more or less a redemtion story for the butchering of his story in TBC.
    secondy, how the hell can you call mythic a casual fest? to clear mythic raid content now is harder than ever. i guess you are one of those who dont even clear heroic and complain its to easy. and its good there is a casual part of wow. just imagine i there only was mythic difficulty now in raids and dungeon.? whats for the rest of the 99% of the player base? there would be nothing left to do? it kinda worked in vanilla firstly because the people who didnt do it didnt know what do complain on. secondly, the leveling process was the biggest part of vanilla with exploring, but exporing something can only be done the first time. in mmos and all other games there have to be something for everyone, all between casual and hardcore 14 hours/day. just think if the most popular genre today, only allowed people who play for money, was allowed to play at all, it wouldnt work.

I hate PvP. Like legit fucking hate it. But, with Brawls coming next week, I 100% consider them content (and will probably do them a ton because they look fun).

Anything that gives me things to do is content, even if I don't like doing them.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    You cant just say "content for me" because what you don't consider content is actualy *GASP* Content!
    This is standard "blame players - not Blizzard" and "If you don't like content X, then you don't like Wow and shouldn't play it" troll thread. All this threads are not about right definition of term "content" - they're about "Blizzard have added selfie camera - it's CONTENT! Why do you, crybabies, still cry about nothing to do?" If I don't PVP, cuz I don't like it, and Blizzard add 10 new BGs and then wonder, why I still have nothing to do and blame me for not playing their game "properly" and not wanting to consume "content" - then it's biggest BS, I've ever seen. MMO isn't Tetris, you can either like or dislike, sorry. Content in MMOs isn't solid - it's set of mini-games for different kinds of players. If developer adds mini-game for other player, but doesn't add any for you - then you actually don't have new content and have right to say, that you have nothing to do and that it's developer, who should be blamed for this.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2017-03-26 at 08:53 AM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Raids... Raids with actual rewards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Isn't it a bit silly to post just to antagonize someone?
    You greatly over-estimate the someone I antagonize.

You greatly over-estimate the someone I antagonize.
    I don't care who it is personally. It just seems a bit petulant is all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    It was a steaming pile of dogshit content, thats what it was.
    I'd take that over the posts you made about claiming old content as WoD content any day. All of us would. Remember that? When you lost what micron of credibility you had?

I'd take that over the posts you made about claiming old content as WoD content any day. All of us would. Remember that? When you lost what micron of credibility you had?
    In terms of content WoD barely had any. 1 major content patch is a joke in my book.

Something I don't think was mentioned - "quality of life" improvements. These I would say are not content, but potentially very important.

Any new addition which makes the game interesting and makes me want to play more. That is what content means to me.

BC Legacy servers. They don't exist so there is no content on retail that I am willing to subscribe for.

Story, exploration, engaging and challenging gameplay. With or without a group.

Grinds as filler are tolerable in moderation.
    F2P: If you don't think it's worth my money, I don't think it's worth my time.