For alts under 35 traits, do we need to get to 35 fist to unlock AK 26?

Sorry if this has been answered before but i couldn't find it.

For alts that wont be 35+ traits by next Tuesday (but are at lvl 25 AK) what is the process to start Artifact Research lvl 26?
    Do we need 35 traits to do all the new quests or just some quests related to empowering the artifact?

Thanks!

7+ Year Old Account
    Just tested on the ptr: i could finish the quest and start more artifact research on one of my chars who only have 31 traits in its weapon =)

You need to get 35 traits to start the new class campaign though

Quote Originally Posted by Skrymer View Post
    Just tested on the ptr: i could finish the quest and start more artifact research on one of my chars who only have 31 traits in its weapon =)

And with the AK getting 35 is easy peasy, 26 ak is like 400k an emmisary lol.

No compendiums currently to catch up alts, but I suppose blizzard see the current AK 20 catchup as sufficient to reach the traits prior to the last.
    Personally I am not convinced by that, but time will tell if that remains the case.
    I can see later on there being some added.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Skrymer View Post

Thank you! That was exactly what i was wondering

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    No compendiums currently to catch up alts, but I suppose blizzard see the current AK 20 catchup as sufficient to reach the traits prior to the last.
    Personally I am not convinced by that, but time will tell if that remains the case.
    Wouldn't you need AK30 to get the next level of catchup anyway?

There's compendiums up to lvl 45 on wowhead so they're probably going to be added soonish.

They go by 5 (20 to buy 15, 25 to buy 20, 30 to buy 25) they're in the game up to 45 like someone said. If you are currently fresh with AK 20 you can buy up to 25 at 500 OHR a pop easy peasy so it really doesn't matter, so for 1000 resource on your main and 2.5k an your alt you have 25 AK until your main hits 30 and can buy 25 for your newer of new alts.

Used the dropdown to gauge whether they existed or not, and it didn't show them.
    Therefore incorrectly assumed they weren't there.
    My mistake.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

No compendiums currently to catch up alts
    This is wrong unless you mean an AK25 compendium. We currently have a compendium for 20, and every 5 levels past that (coming in 7.2). Most cheap (in resources) way is to get your main to 40 then buy AK35 compendiums (for a measly 1k resources) for your alts.

Used the dropdown to gauge whether they existed or not, and it didn't show them.
    Therefore incorrectly assumed they weren't there.
    My mistake.
    You can only buy (and see) the highest level compendium that character can buy. Plus, the 25 compendium is coming with 7.2 anyways so you definitely can't see it (even if it was there anyway)
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

A) It's possible to get AK26 w/o having 35 traits;
    B) You have to have AK25 to be able to start AK26 quest, but if you for some reason don't have AK25 yet, you'll be able to purchase missing AK levels in your OH for 500 resources each;
    C) You need 35 traits to start artefact empowerment questline.

Source: Personally tested it on PTR.
    Last edited by ls-; 2017-03-25 at 10:55 PM.