Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    LOL - that's like giving tax breaks to the rich, and increasing taxes on the poor. Your right wing rules don't belong in WoW
    You missed the bit about it being normalised to your item level? Read it again. Higher item level = higher DPS requirement.

Quote Originally Posted by oldgeezer View Post
    You missed the bit about it being normalised to your item level?
    You missed the bit about iLvl being irrelevant to the problem at hand ... my farming alt doesn't give a hoot about iLvl or DPS, he is in the raid just so he can farm.

It is like forcing PvE players into PvP to finish PvE content.

Blizzard are forcing solo players/toons into raids for solo content.

Oh - in addition to your comment being irrelevant to the problem, it is is mathematically flawed anyway because each fight mechanic would require different dps requirements depending on the class/spec of the player ...

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

It's LFR, it's expected to be a shitshow. You enter LFR with no guarantees. I'm not sure what the recommended ilvl for w/e LFR the OP was talking about is, but 200k isn't a tall order for anyone other than a fresh 110, which shouldn't be able to queue for most LFRs anyways.

Then maybe, just maybe - Blizzard shouldn't gate professions behind these things. Sure - gate appearances etc.
    maybe people shouldn't expect handouts

it's not too much to ask people to work for things (imo)

You missed the bit about iLvl being irrelevant to the problem at hand ... my farming alt doesn't give a hoot about iLvl or DPS, he is in the raid just so he can farm.

It is like forcing PvE players into PvP to finish PvE content.

Blizzard are forcing solo players/toons into raids for solo content.
    But, Stormin' Norman, your farming alt will benefit in LFR if other players are encouraged to improve their performance, even if he doesn't put the effort in.

Quote Originally Posted by oldgeezer View Post
    But, Stormin' Norman, your farming alt will benefit in LFR if other players are encouraged to improve their performance, even if he doesn't put the effort in.
    But ... my alt can barely do 100k dps, because it is a farming alt ... no idea how to raid in it, no interest in raiding in it. I am interested in farming in it.

The solution isn't to punish people who don't want to be there, it is to make it so they don't need to be there in the first place ...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ge0 View Post
    maybe people shouldn't expect handouts
    Sure ... but that isn't relevant to the discussion.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nspeil View Post
    #justice
    #cringe
    DPS is not the reason people die.

If groups wipe on lfr bosses generally they do start to use vote kick if someones afking. Not going to bother debating what the benchmark should be, but it's usually easy to see if someones not moving their character
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2017-03-25 at 11:50 PM.

It's always hilarious when people go into LFR with the intent to act superior.
    If you link meters after every fight going "Lol I'm not even trying", you won't be remembered as "that awesome hero that pulled 700k+ dps"... you'll be remembered as the loudmouth idiot that derives his sense of accomplishment from beating people in LFR.

If I ever have to go into LFR with, I'll gladly carry people that might not be able to perform all that well. If bosses don't go down, it's usually because many are failing key mechanics that could be overcome just fine if they just paid attention. So bitch and whine and see them kicked? No... Tell them without raging in chat, link to the abilities from the dungeon journal and go at it again. Why be an ass just because they're people you might never see again? Never understood that mentality.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-03-25 at 11:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    What? You're considering that the dps qing up have a main that allows them to get ak 20 the second they hit 110. What if they don't? and only have like 15-20 traits.
    If they don't have a main they can get to 15 AK, you're trying to use any means to defend lazy players. That's fine lets kick your next argument down too before you even start. If they don't have the Order Resources to buy up to 15 AK, then they shouldn't realistically be doing their "end-game" before they're ready for it. And they shouldn't be butt hurt that people don't want to carry them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    It's always hilarious when people go into LFR with the intent to act superior.
    If you link meters after every fight going "Lol I'm not even trying", you won't be remembered as "that awesome hero that pulled 700k+ dps"... you'll be remembered as the loudmouth idiot that derives his sense of accomplishment from beating people in LFR.
    Considering the groups in question were wiping @20% because of enrage, I'd argue that you're wrong. Barely anyone goes to lfr to "act superior", people want their raid quests done before they raid/after they already killed a specific boss. They are there to get that shit done and get out, carrying the half afk people feels shitty. I tried doing Gul'Dan LFR as a healer and I just left after two wipes because killing it wasn't going to happen in that group.

I dinged my latest 110 yesterday and it currently barely meets the ilvl requirements to queue for heroic dungeons but it can already do about 200k...

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    If they don't have a main they can get to 15 AK, you're trying to use any means to defend lazy players. That's fine lets kick your next argument down too before you even start. If they don't have the Order Resources to buy up to 15 AK, then they shouldn't realistically be doing their "end-game" before they're ready for it. And they shouldn't be butt hurt that people don't want to carry them.

You can farm the Mythic+0 dungeons to get BoS and buy order resources. You can also get a gathering prof like skinning and get 30+ BoS/hour (aka ~6k order resources).

Quote Originally Posted by Ichifails View Post
    Considering the groups in question were wiping @20% because of enrage, I'd argue that you're wrong. Barely anyone goes to lfr to "act superior", people want their raid quests done before they raid/after they already killed a specific boss. They are there to get that shit done and get out, carrying the half afk people feels shitty. I tried doing Gul'Dan LFR as a healer and I just left after two wipes because killing it wasn't going to happen in that group.
    That's what determination is for. I've seen bosses go down in LFR after 2 or 3 stacks of determination, but it's been incredibly rare to see enrages in my years doing LFR.

"Barely anyone goes to LFR to act superior" however... there I have to disagree. I've seen one too many people pulling the "Lol I'm not even trying"-card to buy into that.

Going into LFR expecting people to perform at a certain level to fulfill your personal needs is arrogant. It's tourist mode, we could argue its merits for existance but as it stands right now it's a tourist mode for people that probably never set foot in proper raiding. If one doesn't have patience for that, there's proper raiding.

Edit; auto-correct making up words.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-03-26 at 12:07 AM. Reason: Auto-correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    That's what determination is for. I've seen bosses go down in LFR after 2 or 3 stacks of determination, but it's been incredibly rare to see enrages in my years doing LFR.

"Barely anyone goes to LFR to act superior" however... there I have to disagree. I've seen one too many people pulling the "Lol I'm not even trying"-card to buy into that.
    Well if you're going to talk about systems, that's why the kick system is there as well. If enough people agree you're dragging the group down they are free to use the system.

Well if you're going to talk about systems, that's why the kick system is there as well.
    To be fair, nobody actually knows why some people get kicked in LFR. Everyone just sees a box pop up and clicks accept.

Well if you're going to talk about systems, that's why the kick system is there as well. If enough people agree you're dragging the group down they are free to use the system.
    Indeed they are, and the LFR-people will have to accept that it's there. Just as much as real raiders will have to accept that LFR is not made for them to boss around. You can come into a LFR where everyone's as tolerant as can be and they won't see people kicked lightly. You can come into a group where someone sets out to have people kicked for shits and giggles and others just go with the flow as the window pops up...

Not here to shit on the casuals but 200k+ dps shouldn't be hard to attain even if you screw up your rotation maybe get something like hekili for ret palas or weak auras to track your rotation could help people push it a bit.
    I'm a special snowflake deal with it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Players ruined it, not the meters.
    They are a tool which can be useful in the right hands.
    Sadly, this is true with statistics in game and in real-life.

People just don't know how to interpret data, and treat it as an ultimatum that supports their twisted logic.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nspeil View Post

this fits.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content