Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Indeed... sucks given how much I put into stockpiling bag mats from WoD... not even making the 200+ WoD bags at this stage.

Current stats:

[Imbued Silkweave Bag]
    US Median Price 2395.80G
    US Mean Price 2672.69G

[Hexweave Bag]
    US Median Price 1302.97G
    US Mean Price 1353.30G
    Meh, avg region prices are useless...

My realm stats:
    - Hexweave Bag
    Median Price 1809.40g
    Mean Price 1805.57g

- Imbued Silkweave Bag
    Median Price 2199.00g
    Mean Price 2282.49g

However, raw mats for Legion bag cost ~2.4k (-100g profit), whereas WoD bag costs ~500g to craft (+1.3k profit).

-- edit #1

@Ichifails, I thought he was talking about green Legion bag. They're dirt-cheap to make and sell well
    Last edited by ls-; 2017-03-26 at 01:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    Meh, avg region prices are useless...

My realm stats:
    - Hexweave Bag
    Median Price 1809.40g
    Mean Price 1805.57g

- Imbued Silkweave Bag
    Median Price 2199.00g
    Mean Price 2282.49g

However, raw mats for Legion bag cost ~2.4k, whereas WoD bag costs ~500g to craft.
    I'm really curious what realm is that, those bags cost on average 3800g to craft not 2400.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichifails View Post
    You guys can't be real...
    The current US stats:

[Imbued Silkweave Bag]
    US Median Price 2395.80G
    US Mean Price 2672.69G

[Hexweave Bag]
    US Median Price 1302.97G
    US Mean Price 1353.30G

This is why I don't currently make/sell either bag ... the WoD one is under priced and the Legion one is a minimal return if any.

However, that's beside the point I was making - the profession is still gated behind raids, which is fine for my main is it is a raiding toon.

My Alchemist on the other hand is a toon that I suck at playing, is poorly geared ... he is after all just a farmer toon.
    Last edited by schwarzkopf; 2017-03-26 at 01:15 AM.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

@Ichifails, I thought he was talking about green Legion bag. They're dirt-cheap to make and sell well
    Well we were talking about professions being gated behind raids .

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    Thing is, Blizzard chooses the ilvl requirement for lfr, any people can be at that, and technically enter the lfr before reaching what some people would consider "appropriate" dps numbers.

My whole thing is, if you NEED to kick the people under 200k dps to kill the boss, sure do it. But it's much better to kick the people not trying/afking. Kicking people who are actually trying, getting carried or not, people with 95%+ Activity, over players who just auto attacked and did 100k dps. Or even kicking both when you only need to kick the guys just auto attacking, makes no sense to me.

Effort is everything, i'd rather someone trying who did 200k, over someone who wasn't trying and didn't care, doing 50-150k dps
    Thing is, Blizzard chooses the IL, players decide to keep bads or get rid of them.

I'd rather have neither bad players or lazy AFKers.

Well we were talking about professions being gated behind raids .
    Which is indeed true... and dungeons, trying to convince a tank to do an alchemy quest not easy.

So last night I paid a 900+ tank 8k gold to run me through VotW normal to do the quest - problem is, bit harder to do that kind of thing with a raid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Bad player is subjective, AFKers not ... that's why people shouldn't be kicked for being bad, because when it comes down to it - HALF the dps in the raid will be 'bad' from the perspective of the other half.

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

I'm really curious what realm is that, those bags cost on average 3800g to craft not 2400.
    Ragnaros EU, BoS is ~235g/ea on my realm, 10x Imbued Silkweave cost 77g to craft, so epic bag costs 2342g (60 * 7.7g + 8 * 235g, w/ my mats) or 3320g (60 * 24g + 8 * 235g, market price of mats) to make. It's more profitable to sell Imbued Silkweave as is, cuz it sells for 24g/ea atm
    Last edited by ls-; 2017-03-26 at 01:25 AM.

Which is indeed true... and dungeons, trying to convince a tank to do an alchemy quest not easy.

So last night I paid a 900+ tank 8k gold to run me through VotW normal to do the quest - problem is, bit harder to do that kind of thing with a raid.
    I...uh... I queued for a group as a healer and then just soloed the extra boss after everyone left on Heroic. I wasn't aware it's a group mob when I did it since at the time I was thinking it doesn't make sense to have the entire party do the extra objective. Soloed her on Mythic+0 as a DH tank as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Ragnaros EU, BoS is ~235g/ea on my realm, 10x Imbued Silkweave cost 77g to craft, so epic bag costs 2342g (60 * 7.7g + 8 * 235g, w/ my mats) or 3320g (60 * 24g + 8 * 235g, market price of mats) to make. It's more profitable to sell Imbued Silkweave as is, cuz it sells for 24g/ea atm
    Damn... I think I know where I'll transfer my next character fuck me sideways.

I...uh... I queued for a group as a healer and then just soloed the extra boss after everyone left on Heroic.
    Boss wasn't soloable on my ... remember... NON RAID, NOT DUNGEON toon....

Damn... I think I know where I'll transfer my next character fuck me sideways.
    Well, it relatively easy to make money on NA, way easier than here on EU realms, that's the reason why many high-end EU guilds have mirrors on NA server to sell boosts, snipe on AH, etc

Obv boosts are sold for either RL money or gold, but gold is sold to gold traders for RL money later

i think a lot of LFRs players dps could be improved if they dont stop dpsing basically they do some initial dps then they just jump around and chill without thinking their dps is dropping without re-engaging the mob. You can't blame it 100% on their rotation because lets be honest the rotation of wow in 2017 is like 5 buttons at best its not difficult. What is difficult for some is maintaining uptime of dps on bosses/mobs. Even i can be blamed for sometimes doing less than optimal dps because i just dont feel like it maybe im alt tabbed watching a twitch stream or something etc. for guldan tho its always been about 3-5 wipes in every group I joined except for the first 6hrs after servers come back up on reset day since most raiders are there for titanforge chance.

probably needs a nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by Llunai View Post
    If I can do 100k as a holy Pally, they can do 200k as an actual DPS.
    How geared are you? Cause if you're very geared, or decently, like 880+ and can only do 100k as a hpally, you're just as trash as the people doing 200k or less

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    The only thing I'm getting from that post is ~12 people who "clear normal+" aren't putting out enough DPS to carry LFR Gul'dan - only 6 people at 400k+?

FWIW I wouldn't kick anyone, but that surprised me. If there's enough people to pass a vote to kick people then... Well, that's that. That's how the system works - Why should the majority have to waste their time wiping so that the stacking buff can carry the rest? All about perspective.
    Depends on the fight, low gear and waiting / switching for some classes drops the dps quite a bit.

What pisses me off is the people with ~800 level artifacts doing less than 100k dps, was in a LFR last week where 4 people were doing about 60k or under.

Need a complete order hall campaign achievement per character basis to enter LFR as well as filling out your relic slots because if you got boosted enough to get mythic gear you should have got some ******* relics along the way.
    Last edited by mmoc101b07398d; 2017-03-26 at 01:58 AM.

Boss wasn't soloable on my ... remember... NON RAID, NOT DUNGEON toon....
    Ehhh, both of my chars did it in the first/second week of Legion so it's definitely doable without much gear/artifact traits. It's a bit hard but still a nice challenge, 1 shot-able solo though. The only one I can see an argument be made for is the BS mount but I don't think it's possible to play enough WoW to get 800 BS and still do under 200k dps, that shit's expensive and/or time consuming.

Well, it relatively easy to make money on NA, way easier than here on EU realms, that's the reason why many high-end EU guilds have mirrors on NA server to sell boosts, snipe on AH, etc

Obv boosts are sold for either RL money or gold, but gold is sold to gold traders for RL money later
    Huh I always wondered what it would be like to play on NA (for gold reasons mainly) since everything seemed much easier to pull off there but I never pulled the trigger. I do funnily enough have something really nice for NA, I get sent Collector's Editions signed by the dev team but the included WoW is the NA version so I might shut down one of my EU accounts and jump over.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    How geared are you? Cause if you're very geared, or decently, like 880+ and can only do 100k as a hpally, you're just as trash as the people doing 200k or less
    Like 860, but I also heal while I'm throwing out the odd DPS.

But the moral of the story is that I'm not a bloody DPS. The DPS should be able to do substantially better than a healer!

10+ Year Old Account
    200k is near afk DPS, or "dead in the middle of a fight" DPS, i don't see how this can solve any issues. And no, i don't kick people off LFR in rare occasions i go there, but i would kick the guy who would say something like "kick everyone under 200k DPS"
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Aoyi View Post
    I jumped in LFR Gul'dan earlier today. It doesn't seem to be tuned to demand much dps. I don't think you should be kicking low dps. If you have a few wipes and he same people are dying to the same mechanics each time, then I could understand a kick in that situation. Low dps though, not really. We had 1 wipe. It was due to people tunneling the boss instead of killing the eye in p3. Next pull, they corrected that mistake. I was healing and when you get multiple empowered eyes up in p3, there's only so long my cooldowns are going to last before we drop.
    It was like that in MoP and Wod - they always blame DPS first, when the real problem is tunneling on the boss, usually. Or a weak/inexperienced healer. You can try to explain the strat, especially when it comes to things NOT the boss, and they run right in and start whacking away at the boss. Hell, I remember seeing the "kick the low dps" on Garrosh, when the people on the iron stars were messing up. It's a knee jerk reaction/fix, because all some players can think of is in terms of DPS. Bosses that aren't DPS checks is where it really shows.

The irony is it's usually try hard raiders who are coasting their way through the LFR for marks, who can hit the top of the meters with barely trying in tier gear, and are all pissy because they actually have to work. They're the same ones who refuse to explain the strats to anyone. I made it a point to always ask if anyone was new, on the harder bosses - and guess what, when you explain the fight, it goes smoother!

That kind of mentality is half of why I quit playing. You're not allowed to learn a boss in LFR, you have to play perfectly or the try hards will cry. "But it's a waste of my time!" they snivel - no, it's not. You CHOSE to go into LFR, where you know the ability of players is less than in normal raiding. Shut up and help the group instead of kicking players like little babies. "Wah wah, we wiped".

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    I don't know if i'd go so far as to kick but uh... 200k is a pretty easily reachable benchmark. People argue with you in lfr when they're pulling 80k dps.... as a dps class.... now that shouldn't happen.
    Agreed. If you're putting out less than that, you literally aren't trying. Even LFR has a gear requirement, and that requirement should be more than enough to easily surpass 200K.

Last time i was in lfr i did 20% of the total damage on elisande. Yes i did 900k, yes im a mythic raider.. but come on, 20% out of like 22 dps is just extreme.. some of them barely did 100k.....

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Thing is, Blizzard chooses the IL, players decide to keep bads or get rid of them.

Then don't do LFR. That's where "bad" players are SUPPOSED to go. How else are they gonna learn? "Hurr durr, youtube". This mentality is the cancer that's killing WoW. God for fucking bid you don't play perfectly.

What's even worse, I bet half of the "kick the low dps" asshats are using rotation bots.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nico3337 View Post
    Last time i was in lfr i did 20% of the total damage on elisande. Yes i did 900k, yes im a mythic raider.. but come on, 20% out of like 22 dps is just extreme.. some of them barely did 100k.....
    So, did you help them to get their dps act together?

Of course not.