Page 1 of 2
LastLast

AP (also Alts) this week and 7.2

Just wanted to throw a quick post up regarding AP and how to get a nice little jumpstart on it for 7.2. Also a few points for Alts too!

1. Complete a M+ of at least +10. This will maximize your reward of AP (and gear) come next week. (the "cap" for reward in M+ is dropping back to +10 come 7.2. It also now comes with a large AP chunk). Do not open your M+ chest until you get AK 26!

2. Complete and turn in all Emissaries from Thursday to today (Saturday). Starting Sunday, either wait or complete all Emissaries, but DO NOT TURN THEM IN! The 100k AP you normally get will become ~400k AP per emissary once you get AK 26 (which you can get on Tuesday).

3. If you have any storyline quests (Suramar, ToV, Artifact, etc) that give large boosts of AP, do not turn them in til after AK 26! You'll get 4x the amount and this will give you a huge boost.

Basically, any large boost of AP you can obtain, you should wait for 7.2 before picking them up.

4. Regarding alts, if you don't already have Order Hall Advancement maxed, wait for Tuesday before starting any new ones, as the duration is being cut tremendously (e.g., T5 going from 5 days to 18 hours) and the resource cost going down as well (T5 going from 12.5k to ~3k), saving you tons of bloods to spend elsewhere.

5. Also regarding alts, if you don't need to get their AK up immediately, it's a better idea to just get your main's maxed then buy the compendiums since they only cost 1k for a maxed compendium instead of 500 per AK. Again, tons of blood saving.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Are you sure they arent resetting the emissary quests competely like the did in 7.1.5? (Like we get 3 new ones when patch hits)

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Are you sure they arent resetting the emissary quests competely like the did in 7.1.5? (Like we get 3 new ones when patch hits)
    They reset in 7.1, not in 7.1.5, I only had one up that tues.

Deleted
    You will get AK27 in the first week. Do the highest M+ you can do in this/current week (20+ in best case) and open the weekly chest not before you have achieved the AK27 next week. This AP token will be real big dick.

Quote Originally Posted by elprofessor View Post
    You will get AK27 in the first week. Do the highest M+ you can do in this/current week (20+ in best case) and open the weekly chest not before you have achieved the AK27 next week. This AP token will be real big dick.
    All rewards cap at M+ 10, no need to do anything higher except if you want a higher key for next week.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Apoc2k View Post
    All rewards cap at M+ 10, no need to do anything higher except if you want a higher key for next week.
    hm, I was sure I heard in someones stream the AP cap should be at M+30.

You could also do this for M+, true, but I know a lot of people will want to see that piece of gear and to be safe might not want to wait close to the next week to pick it up.

Personally, I'd want the piece on Tuesday cuz I'm an impatient fuck

hm, I was sure I heard in someones stream the AP cap should be at M+30.
    No official word from Blizzard about this. Assume it's M10. That said, I have a 15 for this week and will start doing only 10s next week so we'll know for sure on Week 2.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

So if i wait to open Mythic+ until AK26 I get extra AP from chest. good tips thanks !
    Last edited by Brewhan; 2017-03-26 at 01:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewhan View Post
    how fast can you get AK26 after patch goes live
    assuming ak 26-50 goes at the same rate as ak 1-25, april 2nd.

If your alt isn't 25 AK in 7.2, is there a way to instantly get to 25?

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Cultist View Post
    Have AK30 on another toon and send him the AK25 book?

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Have AK30 on another toon and send him the AK25 book?
    I meant on patch day.

Deleted
    99% sure AP gain cap is at M30 which is unreachable.
    Loot caps at 10 both for weekly, and drop basis.

I need to know that too.
    In my case its not really my alt, i recently came back to the game (since WOD) and on patch day my knowledge will only be at 20. Will there be any way to rush to 25?

Quote Originally Posted by Hanorick View Post
    I need to know that too.
    In my case its not really my alt, i recently came back to the game (since WOD) and on patch day my knowledge will only be at 20. Will there be any way to rush to 25?
    Yes /10char

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    A) It's possible to get AK26 w/o having 35 traits;
    B) You have to have AK25 to be able to start AK26 quest, but if you for some reason don't have AK25 yet, you'll be able to purchase missing AK levels in your OH for 500 resources each;
    C) You need 35 traits to start artefact empowerment questline.

Source: Personally tested it on PTR.
    - - - Updated - - -

It took me less than an hour to get my old char from AK6 and 21 traits to AK26 and 35 traits on PTR.

Deleted
    You'll get a chance to get AK25 in Dalaran, the Blizz post earlier this since stated that

Quote Originally Posted by Tangman View Post
    99% sure AP gain cap is at M30 which is unreachable.
    Loot caps at 10 both for weekly, and drop basis.
    Wherever AP gain may cap - I don't think it matters too much. You are somewhat bound to AK levels anyway and cannot get too far ahead as where your usual playing habits will put you.

Dang, didn't know they were lowering OR cost of tiers- just dropped a ton of bloods on getting alts caught up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    This game isn't about your friends, though. This game is about taking it seriously enough that you do the hardest content no matter what it takes (transferring, etc), lasting friendships and other elements be damned. /s

Deleted
    Perhaps not, but there will likely be a significant AP chest difference from doing a 10, or say a 15+

Further strengthened by their argument that they want to move away from just "senseless farming AP" and put a lot of it in the chest.

a 10 clear will yield 3million AP in the weekly chest, I just don't remember if it was AK 25 or AK 26, but I believe AK 26. WHich means wait with opening it until youve done the broken shore scenario, and if youre mega hardcore uberdawg, you'll wait for AK 27, as well which you will get before the chest resets.

Deleted
    Better safe than sorry. do the highest m+ this week possible and open the chest next week with ak27.