Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It's amazing how the left of today have become Red Scare conspiracy theorists. Very sad stuff. Stop banging the war drums. We don't want World War 3 with Russia.

You guys are worse than Infowars.

Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post
    What would happen if it were proved that Putin ordered the death, of an American citizen, retired general, and former cabinet member on US soil? War?
    Sanctions that would make North Korea's look like a Free Trade Agreement. It would be a very fast way to get thrown out of Swift.

Obviously Trump would be impeached and tried for treason if he knew about it and did nothing. What about if he had no prior knowledge, and it was just Putin covering his own ass?
    Guilt by association. It would drop Trump's support levels even deeper into the abyss. This has been the most nonsensical part of Trump's Russia hugging since day one. It's politically idiotic. There are no votes in it. There is no "gain" to it in any sense, politically or strategically for our country. Americans have held Russia as a hostile foreign power for decades, and even to this very day, Americans are broadly extremely negative about Russia.

Trump has spent political capital on something that won't get him anything useful. So if something like this were to happen, people would assume the worst, even if he had nothing to do with it.

This is why I've been saying since the election, that if Trump or his supporters had one ounce of political sense, they would be LEADING the "let's investigate Russia" band, in order to redouble Trump's legitimacy. Instead the lies, obfuscations, scandals and leaks have only served to continually undermine it.

Russia is political cyanide. But Trump keeps chugging it. It makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Sanctions that would make North Korea's look like a Free Trade Agreement. It would be a very fast way to get thrown out of Swift.

Guilt by association. It would drop Trump's support levels even deeper into the abyss. This has been the most nonsensical part of Trump's Russia hugging since day one. It's politically idiotic. There are no votes in it. There is no "gain" to it in any sense, politically or strategically for our country. Americans have held Russia as a hostile foreign power for decades, and even to this very day, Americans are broadly extremely negative about Russia.

Trump has spent political capital on something that won't get him anything useful. So if something like this were to happen, people would assume the worst, even if he had nothing to do with it.

This is why I've been saying since the election, that if Trump or his supporters had one ounce of political sense, they would be LEADING the "let's investigate Russia" band, in order to redouble Trump's legitimacy. Instead the lies, obfuscations, scandals and leaks have only served to continually undermine it.

I think you need to adjust your tinfoil hat. Or do us a favor and blow your brains out.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Radux; 2017-03-26 at 03:11 AM.

That's the ironic thing to the whole thing. If Trump were actually squeaky clean, he would/should have been commenting to help investigate and dispel the rumors, pull out the unified America schtick, etc. If Trump were not compromised, he would have had an enormous amount to gain by cooperating and encouraging investigations that proved it. He would have come out with a lot more power and influence while making the Democrats look like a bunch of buffoons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    I think you need to adjust your tinfoil hat. Or do us a favor and blow your brains out.
    Don't worry little Trumpkin. Your nightmare hasn't even started. You had so many offs the crazy train, and yet you kept on riding.

Get ready for the end of the tracks. Every day we're getting closer. It is a few days out from April. Trump won election five months ago. This is not going away. This is getting worse.

7+ Year Old Account
    Really? Just sanctions? Seems to me such an move on Putin's part would be an act of war. Even super-double-fer-reelz omgwtfbbq sanctions are just policies.

Yes they can terribly affect a country's well-being, but to the frothing rage of many Americans after such an incident, sanctions seem to be the bloodless tool of policy wonks. My view is that many people would be calling for a declaration of war; maybe not enough, but lots.
    " The guilt of an unnecessary war is terrible." --- President John Adams
    " America goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy." --- President John Quincy Adams
    " Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

Really? Just sanctions? Seems to me such an move on Putin's part would be an act of war. Even super-double-fer-reelz omgwtfbbq sanctions are just policies.

Yes they can terribly affect a country's well-being, but to the frothing rage of many Americans after such an incident, sanctions seem to be the bloodless tool of policy wonks. My view is that many people would be calling for a declaration of war; maybe not enough, but lots.
    Maybe. At that point who would the American people trust to lead such a war?

They would want to declare war but there's no point in wasting the amount of money in destroying Russia. Russia is literally a time bomb set to explode on itself if left alone as the world moves away from oil and towards renewable energy.

Russia has basically one export. That's it. They're not selling anything anyone else in the world wants and their economy lives and dies on the price of oil. You impose stupidly heavy sanctions on them and you watch them decay before your very eyes like an Affliction Warlock killing world quest mobs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Dont underestimate the effect of sanctions. They can be as potent as war at bringing about coercive justice.

Think about what sanctions are: a way to cause economic hardship. If you want to see where that leads, look at Greece. While not under sanctions, the Greek Crisis has two interesting data points:

-> The effects day to day were very much like a country under extreme sanctions. Empty shelves. Scarcity of hard currency. Collapsing companies.
    -> The effects across the larger economy over two years were, point for point, identical to a country losing a major war.

In essence, strong enough sanctions against Russia could have a major war's economic impact, without the war. It's just a question of going that far. That's why I mentioned kicking RUssia out of Swift. Doing so would cause Breadlines to form in months. Even under existing sanctions, Russia has burned through its currency reserves.

"CNN political analyst"
    fake and gay

I admit I should save this and I am jumping the gun.

Anyone who voted for Trump should have their voting privileges revoked for the next 2 Presidential elections.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Just like he was going to drop out in 2015?
    "You've been wrong before, so everything you say is wrong." Let me know when you make it to middle school, I'll help with your Algebra.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    CNN Political "analyst". LOL.

Is this the same person that made fuck up after fuck up with all their predictions within the last 2 years "

BUT BUT MUH RUSSIA!
    Darth, how many times are you going to show us that you couldn't pass a high-school statistics class?

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    I admit I should save this and I am jumping the gun.

Anyone who voted for Trump should have their voting privileges revoked for the next 2 Presidential elections.
    Part of the reason I keep saying "Everyone who voted for Trump goes down with the ship" or some variation thereof, here and really everywhere, is because I believe this should be the True agenda of Anti-Trump: basically, if you made Trump possible you own it, and every moment of his misery is your misery, and every defeat of his, including his final one, is your defeat.

I want to drive Trump supporters out of politics. I want to make them hate this so much they self-exile themselves from politics. They resign themselves to living in a country where their extremism is a minuscule minority and their radicalism is a cause for condemnation.

"MAGA", a red Trump hat, supporting Trump at this stage... these must be discrediting to any and all Americans in years ahead. As for public officials... Nixon was largely as career ender. Being a Bush neocon was largely a career ender. And Trump... Trump must be a career ender.

So not only must we burn down the weed upon our democracy that is the Trumpkins, but we must salt the very earth from which they sprang.

No forgiveness. No mercy. No second chances. Either they fail and self-exile, or we do.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Skroe All we would really have to do is put a complete and total block on any Russian imports and convince our allies to do the same. If we pulled a Cuba on them and got our allies to do the same, Russia's infrastructure would cave in on itself--as it stands their economy is almost completely reliant on oil exports thanks to the government's refusal to actually work on economic policies as opposed to enriching Putin's sycophants. War wouldn't be necessary, just cut off all economic ties with Russia and let the people of Russia solve the problem for us.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

@Skroe.

Well one part you had the Republicans for the most part in the primaries, who chose him for whatever reasons. I guess the main reason is them just being tired of the establishment or politicians.

In general it can be said the same. Hillary was not great and I didn't like her. Just watching Trump I knew he was unhinged. So like an adult, I tools my medicine and voted.

See above. This has been a disastrous 65 days. You think is is left wing accusations? There is an enormous number of people in the center and on the right who ALL want to take down Trump and capitalize on every leak, every news story that has organically come out. The truth will not stay hidden forever.
    Organic? Are you going to refer to IC leaks as organic? Because most of these IC leaks have amounted to nothing, and there is strong suspicion that they're coming out of Obama loyalists. There's nothing organic about a lot of these stories.

By the way, the National Security Adviser resigning and Sessions stepping aside qualifies as "substantive" things that have come of it. That's the set up. Those are things that will be required to blow this wide open and eventually get Trump removed.
    When Sessions responded to the subject of Trump team communication with Russia, he chortled and said, "I haven't spoken to any Russians." He clearly meant within the context of Trump team collusion, not that he had never spoken to a Russian official ever. That would be ridiculous. But because he is an adult in the room, he willingly stepped aside when the children cried out that he lied. This is a running theme, actually. I'm old enough to remember when Donald Trump adamantly denied having anything to do with the Russians at a press conference, and then made the wry joke, "Russia, if you're listening, I hope you can find those 30,000 emails." Who gives a crap if he was making a wry joke, the left thought, we can very easily portray this as Trump "asking" the Russians to hack the election. And so they did.

It's flagrant disregard for context in the pursuit of a narrative, which has been a theme of the left since Trump became an actual contender.

Fact is, and I really want you, personally, to take this to heart mage21, the worst days of TrumpRussia are ahead of Trump, you, and his supporters not behind. And everyone who defends Trump now goes down with the ship.
    I've openly said on this board that if Trump has demonstrable, provable ties with Russia regarding influencing the election, I not only think Trump should be ousted, I don't think anyone in his camp should be granted the presidency, including Pence. And I like Pence a lot. If there is evidence of collusion with Russia by the Trump administration to influence the election, I am wholeheartedly behind his removal. So far, looks like we have a lot of manufactured smoke and innuendo.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is a hypothetical discussion. Please don't send the black helicopters.
    Aww, how cute.

The helicopters are invisible. It doesn't matter what color they are.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    @Skroe All we would really have to do is put a complete and total block on any Russian imports and convince our allies to do the same.
    Honestly, I'm kind of wondering why Russia, or more to the point China, hasn't done this to us. Most of the world sees a Trump USA as volatile and dangerous. It'd make a lot of sense for them to hold their noses and starve us out for four years, knowing Trump would be thrown out if a Republican businessman can't even make the stock market go up.

Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    We don't want World War 3 with Russia.
    Why in the name of God do people keep saying this?

Let's assume this ludicrous scenario where the US and Russia actually go war comes to pass (ha!). There would be no World War with Russia because Russia has no friends worth a damn. It wouldn't be two world-wide factions facing off against each other, it'd be the US (and possibly allies) vs. Russia. Or more accurately, the US vs. a smoking crater where Russia used to be.

And Russia knows this, which is why they restrict their activities to slimy underhanded methods of undermining Western nations but never actually sticking their necks out where they might get chopped off.

So it'll never happen, and if it did, Russia would be a pancake.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by mage21 View Post
    Organic? Are you going to refer to IC leaks as organic? Because most of these IC leaks have amounted to nothing, and there is strong suspicion that they're coming out of Obama loyalists. There's nothing organic about a lot of these stories.
    What is an "Obama loyalist" exactly? Are you trying to say that parts of the government are actually sleeper cells and waiting for the return of the king?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    This looks like it could add yet another layer of fuckery onto this fucktastic parfet that is the TrumpxRussia investigation, but I'm going to wait a bit and see if these accusations get legs before I stock up on pitch forks.
    Last edited by Xyonai; 2017-03-26 at 03:31 AM.