Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I have low expectations for this movie. I think Wonder Woman is gonna be DC's best movie for a while, Justice league itself might not flop financially because fandom, but it might flop in being a good movie.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    A movie that makes almost a billion dollars before, in no way failed hard, financially. Just saying.
    $863 million is not almost a billion dollars, it's still quite far off. Even with after DVD/BR sales included it can't break $1 billion.

It's not bad when we look at it, but movies around $250 million budget, they want them to gross over $1 billion in theaters alone.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tgoodchild View Post
    You'd be wrong, or should I say ... BOO-YAH! A lot of kids are going to know more about Cyborg than you think.

Kids/dc fans yes. People that aren't normally into dc that into their 30's or older. Not so much.

I consider myself above the average person(non comic reader) when it comes to comic knowledge, and I had to google who cyborg was when I first saw him in a JL animated movie.

watching this for aquaman because aquaman is one of my favorite comic book characters
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

15+ Year Old Account
    Trailer is kinda meh. At this point, im really only interested in this movie because of Jason being Aquaman. MoS, BvS, and SS to me were all a joke, so I'm not expecting much from this either.

I normally try to avoid trailers altogether but considering I've already written this movie off in my mind I watched it anyway. Impressions:

-Overall look and feel: same us BvS, with the soundtrack from Suicide Squad. Ugh.
    -The villain: minions of Darkseid. Which we already knew, but still. It's way too soon for this. Presumably they're going to try to Thanos him. Ughx2.
    -Tone: still drab and dreary but at least they're trying to inject some humour this time. Bit clunky though.
    -Batman: better than in BvS but that's not saying much. Still feeling nothing for this version of Batman.
    -Wonder Woman: I don't mind her but she seems totally out of place in every scene.
    -Flash: credit where credit is due, the Flash seems decent.
    -Aquaman: please god no.
    -Cyborg: who cares? Maybe he'll be okay, I dunno.
    -Overall impressions: will probably be a disaster but maybe it'll have moments of okay-ness.

My biggest question: why in the name of God does this trailer have a "hero shot" of some guy landing a touchdown in football in the middle of the Justice League?

P.S. As always I will postpone judgement until I actually see it, but my expectations right now are rock bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    A trailer for a trailer?
    A sneak peek for a teaser for a trailer for a trailer for an installment in a franchise.

Welcome to movies in 2017.
    Last edited by Mormolyce; 2017-03-26 at 03:06 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Almost anyone can make a decent trailer. At this point, going into a DC movie expecting it to live up to the hype is like going into a Transformers movie expecting that maybe it won't be garbage.
    Oh come on, it's not that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by SavoirFaire View Post
    If Superman does show up in the movie I hope they have the sense to not spoil that in a trailer.
    If they follow the BvS pattern they'll release a third trailer with every twist in the movie spoiled for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    Henry Cavill is so slick in interviews. He may well be a fine actor, I don't blame him for what those films did to Superman.

Regarding the "Bat voice"... rather than doing the Bale voice or using a voice modifier, Batman could just do what Michael Keaton's version did: act like a complete space cadet when he's Bruce Wayne and adopt a totally different persona for Batman, and rarely speak.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tikaru View Post
    Probably not, but even being on the Bay spectrum is a terrible indictment of what should be a great series of films.

Quote Originally Posted by Tikaru View Post
    I'd say they are equally bad.

On a personal level the Transformers franchise is worse for me because it's like Michael Bay is beating my inner child with a sock full of quarters.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tgoodchild View Post
    Haha! The fucking hilarious thing about this post is you are outraged that they are re-writing a re-write of a re-write of his origin
    Outraged? Nah. Annoyed they feel the need to constantly change things? Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    The difference being, Barry Allen being Blonde doesn't matter, he could have purple hair and it would still be Barry Allen.

Aquamans entire origin Story was based on him being Blonde. It was the reason why he was kicked out of Atlantis as a Child and abandoned on a Reef, due to the fact Blonde hair was seen as a Curse to the Atlanteans who were a predominately Black haired Race and the only other Blonde Person in their history was a Evil dude.

So yeah, I couldn't give a fuck about how they made other characters look, I only care when they change looks when they have an actual meaning to the character.
    I mean he is still blonde so it fits with the story. He just doesn't have a head full of lemon colored hair.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post

On a personal level the Transformers franchise is worse for me because it's like Michael Bay is beating my inner child with a sock full of quarters.
    Suicide Squad was terrible, I'll give you that, I didn't even finish watching it.

I thought Man of Steel was decent for trying a new take on Superman. There were things I didn't like and there were things I really liked.

Batman vs Superman was just...too much in one movie. They burned through some decent historic comic stories in just one movie, it was pretty much a waste of material. Other than the killing, I thought they did an amazing job for Batman. BvS was probably my favorite live-action Batman yet, I mean come on, how was that warehouse fight not freaking awesome?

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilikegreenfire View Post
    I mean he is still blonde so it fits with the story. He just doesn't have a head full of lemon colored hair.
    Hmmm, I hadn't actually seen a picture showing the Blonde Tips. It had always looked Brown/Black.

Well I stand corrected.

Hmmm, I hadn't actually seen a picture showing the Blonde Tips. It had always looked Brown/Black.

Well I stand corrected.

IIrc in BvS it was just a few strands, looks like they added more. Im glad

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SavoirFaire View Post
    If Superman does show up in the movie I hope they have the sense to not spoil that in a trailer. Wonder Woman's intro would have been great if it wasn't trailer spoiled.

Overall I'm keeping any DCCU movie expectations at rock bottom, that way at worst I'll just have them confirmed.
    Its not a spoiler, everybody that seen BvS ending knows Superman will return in this movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post

If it helps your childhood, this is the PC I'm sitting at right now:

... I really need to buy some shelves.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post

My biggest question: why in the name of God does this trailer have a "hero shot" of some guy landing a touchdown in football in the middle of the Justice League?
    It's part of Cyborg's origin story, iirc.

Trailer looks good, but I don't think I can give this movie any money because of how the fight went in BvS. It's too much for me to get over. Probably ridiculous to feel that way, but it is what it is.

>Aquaman not being Blonde.

Whelp off to a poor start so far. Could've at least dyed his hair.
    Basically just playing his GOT character in the DC universe in the water.

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    Trailer looks good, but I don't think I can give this movie any money because of how the fight went in BvS. It's too much for me to get over. Probably ridiculous to feel that way, but it is what it is.
    Yeah,I thought Supes gave Batman way too much trouble.

Looks like crap!!!