Thread: Meat mountain

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I know some people fetishise burger size, but personally I think it's fucking stupid to ever put so much filling in a burger you can't easily take a bite out of it. That's literally the entire purpose of a burger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Such an old myth that piles of meat and fat are unhealthy for you.

Join the protein/fat Paleo revolution.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I know some people fetishise burger size, but personally I think it's fucking stupid to ever put so much filling in a burger you can't easily take a bite out of it. That's literally the entire purpose of a burger.
    Burger size thing: That shit you see on TV is built to go tall. You can usually squish it down to properly eat.

Secret plating tips for this: odd numbers, height, contrast textures and colors, and I'll charge extra for more

One example, I can put three onion rings on you burger. It makes it look taller. One smash, and it's just burger with garnish. $20 instead of $12.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    Such an old myth that piles of meat and fat are unhealthy for you.

Join the protein/fat Paleo revolution.
    Did you know that Grape Juice (100%) has more sugar per serving than Coca-Cola?
    Last edited by belfpala; 2017-03-26 at 03:27 AM.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

I miss their ArbyQ sandwiches.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    So once a mythical sandwich on Arby's "hidden menu." The meat mountain seems to have made it to the regular menu. I would not eat this sandwich. I mean I can see the appeal of it but it just looks way too unhealthy for me. Would you guys eat it?

http://arbys.com/our-menu/roast-beef/meat-mountain

Every burger looks cute after I saw this:

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I want one.

And i want one now.

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    So once a mythical sandwich on Arby's "hidden menu." The meat mountain seems to have made it to the regular menu. I would not eat this sandwich. I mean I can see the appeal of it but it just looks way too unhealthy for me. Would you guys eat it?

http://arbys.com/our-menu/roast-beef/meat-mountain
    Why is there a yellow piece of plastic in the middel ?

Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    Why is there a yellow piece of plastic in the middel ?
    It's "cheese".

Pointless sandwich is pointless.

I feel like the perspective of the camera is making the sandwich look big and that's whats scaring the people in this thread. Personally it doesn't look that big at all.

But as for the contents, I don't think the meat would go well together. Not in a single bite, tasting them at the same time, that is. Not to mention, I don't eat pork.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    I feel like the perspective of the camera is making the sandwich look big and that's whats scaring the people in this thread. Personally it doesn't look that big at all.

But as for the contents, I don't think the meat would go well together. Not in a single bite, tasting them at the same time, that is. Not to mention, I don't eat pork.
    As said previously, I've eaten it. It's big, but not "how the fuck could a human eat this" big. It was tasty enough, because hey meat, but it was rather dry and definitely salty. These individual meats were salted to normal north american tastes for individual consumption, not for combination and it shows. They aren't particularly complimentary flavors, as you say, but they aren't offensive apart from the sheer mass of meat and the salt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The One Percent View Post
    I don't like sandwiches that require a snake jaw to properly consume.
    As much as I hate to admit it...the thing looks like something I could go for...I just don't like those huge stacked sandwiches...maybe if cut down a bit on the various meats and a smaller chicken patty.

Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    As much as I hate to admit it...the thing looks like something I could go for...I just don't like those huge stacked sandwiches...maybe if cut down a bit on the various meats and a smaller chicken patty.
    As with any fast food marketing photography, the image and the reality are rather different. It's all in there, but it's flatter and more squished than the photo makes it appear.

Just like every burger from Burger King must get sat on by their official fat lady burger squasher before it leaves the kitchen.

It's not even that big. 900 calorie and the cheese + sauce make up 25% of that. The layered meat inflates it's size. Could easily getting it normal burger size from holding it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't care about it being unhealthy, you only eat something like that one a cheat day/intoxicated/or don't give a damn about eating healthy. But if you're going to eat like that, then the food should be good. All those cuts are good on their own but not sure about together.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Deleted
    Out of all the burgers I've seen, this is probably the nastiest looking. So no I would not. What's that white meat with the brown edges? Haven't seen it before. Or is it sauce?

10+ Year Old Account
    Anything over half a pound and you risk a sprained thumb. Tongue. Whatever.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've eaten haggis and a double down. So yeah. that looks pretty good. Oh, I know what I can do tomorrow.

I'll post back should my heart not spontaneously burst from my chest and declare it's done with my shit.

Looks disgusting and jaw dislocating.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    As with any fast food marketing photography, the image and the reality are rather different. It's all in there, but it's flatter and more squished than the photo makes it appear.

Just like every burger from Burger King must get sat on by their official fat lady burger squasher before it leaves the kitchen.
    I know...but the thing is bound to be kinda big still...with those big sandwiches either not all of the stuff stays contained in the bun or when you squeeze it down crumbs get everywhere.