Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Begrudge View Post
    getting a whole planet and being able to travel the entire planet are two different thingsis what im saying
    Yea I wouldn't hold out for that, I'm picturing a phased zone roughly the same size as the fire planes (or what ever they were called) in Cata, then the actual raid being in that zone. Do the main quest line, takes time, rep gated, lots of changing world quests,

In the talk on the 16th they said I quote "The exodar has been crashed awhile, so he won't be going home anytime soon."
    This is in reference to Velen.
    I read this and started to wonder if this is a hint we will be waiting awhile to go there since when we do go it will probably be with Velen.
    Velens going to die at the end of the tomb of sagaras.

7+ Year Old Account
    In the talk on the 16th they said I quote "The exodar has been crashed awhile, so he won't be going home anytime soon."
    I read this and started to wonder if this is a hint we will be waiting awhile to go there since when we do go it will probably be with Velen.
    If we get a new "Planet" It'll just be like some small lil' zone. Imagine Firelands maybe, and that's the size of Argus we'll get with a raid entrance, or more of that stupid "Base building" 7.2's base building seems to me like they just don't want to completely get rid of the garrison idea. Which I don't mind, garrison idea Is fine, but was badly Implemented and kept through Warlords. But this is definitely no Improvement.

We might fly there on the Exodar, or steal the Demonic ships and go to Argus ourselves. Imean apaprently the ships can like transwarp anywhere they want Instantly. So why couldn't we do that with their ships?
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

I am pretty sure, that you could've just googled this info easily, instead of making a thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakotsu View Post
    Velens going to die at the end of the tomb of sagaras.
    Uuuuuuhm no

Quote Originally Posted by Thoughtful Trolli View Post
    Why do they say the Exodar has been crashed awhile though?!?!

I thought they fixed it up for Siege of Ogrimmar and have just been flying it around over the siege and everywhere since... When/how did it crash AGAIN, really???
    Velen took control of the Exodar and tried to use it to escape Tempest Keep, but the BElves, led by Kael'Thas, found out and sabotaged the engine. The draenei couldn't control it so it shot through the Twisting Nether until it crashed on Azeroth.

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Exodar
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

7+ Year Old Account
    Don't wanna be that guy but they didn't really say that going to Argus is going to be 7.3. They said we are going to go to Argus at Blizzcon but didn't specify when. I'm also inclined to believe we won't have 2 demon expansions, one after the others but it could really mean anything.
    Burn it. BURN IT!

Quote Originally Posted by Synthium View Post
    Don't wanna be that guy but they didn't really say that going to Argus is going to be 7.3. They said we are going to go to Argus at Blizzcon but didn't specify when. I'm also inclined to believe we won't have 2 demon expansions, one after the others but it could really mean anything.
    Ion said it's 7.3 in an interview and he also said it's a patch not an expansion.

The Illidan novel story involves finding a way to Argus, among many other things. At the end of the novel, he succeeded in obtaining the information and found a way to get there, but needed an object that could allow him to open a portal directly there: the Sargerite Keystone. The is essentially a map and key to Legion controlled worlds that allow you to open portals on worlds where magic would otherwise prevent you from doing so. The Demon Hunter Class Hall campaign includes you speaking with Illidan in the Twisting Nether and finding out this information, being put on the trail of the keystone and ultimately recovering it. Now with Illidan free from the Twisting Nether and in possession of the Sargerite Keystone he will be able to open a portal directly to Argus.

That's how we're going to get there.

I always figured it would be a new zone if they added it in a patch, not a whole new continent or "planet". Still pretty cool, though.

yes they allready said we will be going to argus this expansion
    the question is if we are going to finish argus, or if it will lead into the next expansion and it being the rest of argus.

but wouldnt that be awesome? like 7.3 creating a zone on the planet and then future patches and a expansion based on said planet?
    It would absolutely be awesome , sadly, i'd rather 7.3 be something else and 8.0 would be an expansion on argus

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That statement was in response to a question of why Velen hasn't already gone to Argus after The Defense of Exodar scenario.

Since back in Cata/MoP Blizz was saying the Exodar was already fixed. Apparently that's retconned.

Also it's specifically talking Velen, and the Exodar. For all we know we follow Illidan through the Tomb of Sargeras to Argus.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    It would absolutely be awesome , sadly, i'd rather 7.3 be something else and 8.0 would be an expansion on argus
    I'm demoned out after Tanaan and eager for more elf stuff in the inevitable Azshara expansion that's next.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    Why should it be anything more than a patch?
    Do you want yet another burning legion related expansion?
    Besides, Argus is literally burnt to the ground, no save-haven territories where you can chill. It's nothing but corrupted wastelands with 0 survivors. Hence it wouldn't provide enough content for an entire expansion even tho it's a whole planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pitar99a View Post
    Why should it be anything more than a patch?
    Do you want yet another burning legion related expansion?
    Besides, Argus is literally burnt to the ground, no save-haven territories where you can chill. It's nothing but corrupted wastelands with 0 survivors. Hence it wouldn't provide enough content for an entire expansion even tho it's a whole planet.
    obviously the army of the light is there so its not a bunch of smoosh, we went to alternate dreanor and set up camp and built on that world so we could make reason for being on argus just for resources alone
    Processor:Intel I5 8600 @ 3.5Ghz
    Ram:G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) ddr4
    GPU: EVGA SC 1070
    some other stuff i can't remember eh

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Don't forget that art team didn't have to create any zone from scratch since... like April last year, right (or even before that, I remember that they worked only on Suramar on Blizzcon 2015)? They have plenty time to create Argus, even considering that they probably already started working on zones for next expansion.

So I think that Argus will be one zone, but very huge zone. Much bigger than Tanaan Jungle (which was very big and detailed for patch zone, but of course had no story and good repeatable content). It will probably contain:

1) Huge purple/blue/fel wasteland full of demons and garrison (heh) of Army of the Light (new faction of course). And Exodar + Fel Hammer will patrol the sky like Sentinax (?) do on Broken Shore. It will be like reverse Broken Shore, we are one that are invading (and Azeroth will not necessary be largest force in Army of the Light).

2) Capital city of Mac'Aree. Impenetrable fortress where Legion commandship summon Sargeras (in panic) back to the Argus (which will take some time).

I don't think we need more to fairly portrait Argus to be honest.