help picking out a monitor

So I've been looking around at the local shops for a new monitor and need help choosing which will work best with my setup.

Here's what I'm looking at:
    Acer XG270HU 27" WQHD omidpx Gaming Display Monitor
    Asus - 27" LED HD FreeSync Monitor
    ASUS MG279Q 27" LED Gaming FreeSync Monitor

my specs are:
    i5 7600k
    16 gb ram
    gtx 1070

And for those asking why I don't order from amazon or newegg, well I'd prefer to go pick it up myself. Instant gratification and such.
    Just because I don't agree with you doesn't mean I support the other side.

Neither, hands down this dell:
    http://www.microcenter.com/product/4...Gaming_Monitor

Also greetings fellow minnesotan, im down in faribault

You really want gsync if you are dropping that kind of cash down on a display, thats a pretty good price for the dell as well.

Also best buy has the 24" version for 400:
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/dell-24-...?skuId=5655614
    Last edited by Fascinate; 2017-03-26 at 04:17 AM.

Seconded, those are great deals for G-SYNC monitors at that resolution and refresh rate. The MG279Q is a great monitor too (I have one) and does have the benefit of having an IPS display while I believe the others are using TN or similar panels, but unless you're thinking of moving to AMD in the future or if you believe NVIDIA might actually decide to actually support the open standard (they won't as long as Huang is in charge) either of the monitors Fascinate listed are top picks for good prices.
    Super casual.

7+ Year Old Account
    The differences, with a quick glance, without looking at the prices, are "nit picking" at best:
    XG270HU - The only issue I have with this one is that it isn't VESA mount compatible.
    MG278Q - No issue.
    MG279Q - Slower response time than the others, 4ms vs 1ms.

The only real concern I would have is that they are all FreeSync rather than G-Sync.

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    This is definitely the better option when compared to the three listed in the OP.
    Last edited by callipygoustp; 2017-03-26 at 11:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    MG279Q - Slower response time than the others, 4ms vs 1ms.
    It's slower because it's an IPS panel. 4ms is the lowest you can get with IPS.

Out of those screens I would go with an MG279Q.

You really want gsync if you are dropping that kind of cash down on a display, thats a pretty good price for the dell as well.

Thank you all. I've read your replies and I went with the dell.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowdasher View Post
    Thank you all. I've read your replies and I went with the dell.
    Very nice, and now im jealous lol.

Very nice, and now im jealous lol.
    I'm going to be 100% honest, my eyes are having an orgasm looking at this monitor. It's so beautiful.

Rochester, MN represent!
    I'm going to microcenter this week to upgrade my mobo, cpu, ram and get a NVMe drive.
    jealous of that monitor, might have to add that to the shopping list
    Asus Z270-AR Prime
    i7-7700K - NZXT Kraken x61
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB
    GTX 1070 Ti AMP Extreme
    XPG GAMMIX 1TB NVMe M.2 (2)
    Corsair Air 540 case

Well, it's a good thing I went back 3 pages for help lol

Thanks @Fascinate for dropping that Dell link. I've been having a lot of trouble with deciding on what monitor I want and its features (UW? 144hz? G-sync? 1080/1440p? IPS? ALL?!?!)

Since the 1080p prices are so close I can rule that out, and the only things this monitor doesn't have are 21:9 and IPS. To save ~600$, I think I can drop the requirement of those two features. Another great thing for me is that the pixel density on the 24" sounds fantastic compared to what I have (95ppi to 122ppi) so I could comfortably play select games in 1920x1080 until I upgrade the rest of my system if need be and not have them look too terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Gourmandise View Post
    Well, it's a good thing I went back 3 pages for help lol

Thanks @Fascinate for dropping that Dell link. I've been having a lot of trouble with deciding on what monitor I want and its features (UW? 144hz? G-sync? 1080/1440p? IPS? ALL?!?!)

Since the 1080p prices are so close I can rule that out, and the only things this monitor doesn't have are 21:9 and IPS. To save ~600$, I think I can drop the requirement of those two features. Another great thing for me is that the pixel density on the 24" sounds fantastic compared to what I have (95ppi to 122ppi) so I could comfortably play select games in 1920x1080 until I upgrade the rest of my system if need be and not have them look too terrible.
    No worries, i actually just ordered the 24" for myself yesterday :P

One thing to remember playing at 1080p on a 1440p display wont look as crisp as it would on a standard 1080 display, but the cool thing with 1440p is you can drop down setting or AA and it will still look crisper than higher settings on 1080.

Im looking forward to testing gsync in WoW for sure, and from what ive read on forums if you are used to TN response time (like i have been for years) you really wont like IPS.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Really liking it, eh?
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Your specs will handle those screens no problem. I'd advocate the ASUS:

https://bestultrawidemonitors.com/fr...th-picking-up/

I'm a really big fan of freesync. It's a kind of common-sense feature a lot of people are missing out on.

Because most people are using nvidia cards. And so is OP which means that freesync is useless.

I'm in the same boat trying to pick a monitor. seems like everything on the market is either a panel lottery, has defects or extremely overprice. been looking for a few months now and still haven't made a choice. good luck