Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mage21 View Post
    Obamacare, for one. Remember, the Flynn leaks and others happened well before the AHCA disaster.
    Do you get your anti-psychotics through your healthcare plan and a licensed pharmacist, or are you supplementing with off the street meds? How are you convincing yourself they're unadulterated and not making your symptoms worse?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    so from what im reading, the "national enquirer", a rag ran by one of el trumpo's besties, is putting out a story saying Flynn is "the Russian Spy in the Whitehouse."

beep beep, straight under the bus!
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b03692bea5958b

if i was flynn i'd take a flip too.
    http://www.vox.com/world/2017/3/9/14...t-turkey-lobby

this one says he was also a turkish foreign agent.

Either way, Flynn was fired. Good riddance.

Obamacare, for one. Remember, the Flynn leaks and others happened well before the AHCA disaster.
    The intelligence agencies don't give a flying fuck about healthcare.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would the intelligence community want to keep Obamacare? Why do they care?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulslaver View Post
    /s, am I doing it right?
    Nope, try again.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    The intelligence agencies don't give a flying fuck about healthcare.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Why would the intelligence community want to keep Obamacare? Why do they care?
    People in the IC, not the IC as a whole.

Like, this really shouldn't be hard to grasp, and it was actually discussed at length fairly mainstream when the NYT Russian Contact story came about. I can't understand how this is such a far out idea all of a sudden. Prominent figures were alluding to this concept, and wondering aloud if it had any merit.

This article is interesting, but important to recognize that its not making any claims, only *one* person making conjecture.

I mean, noone took the guy on Fox serious when he said Obama might have wiretapped Trump, right ?

10+ Year Old Account
    People in the IC, not the IC as a whole.

Like, this really shouldn't be hard to grasp, and it was actually discussed at length fairly mainstream when the NYT Russian Contact story came about. I can't understand how this is such a far out idea all of a sudden. Prominent figures were alluding to this concept, and wondering aloud if it had any merit.
    It is hard to grasp, because I don't understand and you don't seem to want to explain, why people in IC would want to defend ACA.

You do know Trump's current stance is for ACA to continue until it explodes and be blamed on democrats?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    This article is interesting, but important to recognize that its not making any claims, only *one* person making conjecture.

I mean, noone took the guy on Fox serious when he said Obama might have wiretapped Trump, right ?
    Obama directly wiretapping Trump was a laughable claim because of legal process and the massive backlash that would occur if actually found. People also did take it super seriously and believed it, just often on the side of Trump.

This claim actually makes sense given the sequence of events, the chain of deaths of officials named in the dossier, Flynn's outing and risk of prison, and Page/Stone/Manafort also coming forward. Not proven, but at least the notion has a lot more credibility.
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.

Yes, of course, they're professionals. Leaking anything damaging that had the most threadbare of merit to the media like a sieve for weeks. Utmost professionalism.
    You do realize that most "leaks" are authorized leaks right? It's one person in government leaking to put pressure on another player in government. A rogue public servant is the extreme rareity.

If you want to find leakers, you'll be much better off looking into John McCain's chief of staff than the CIA. That's how this works. As an example, John McCain wants to push an agenda... he has access to intelligence, so he tells his chief of staff to leak to Post.

In the vast majority of leaks, that is how they happen. Everyone is playing the "whole is the leaker" game, but everybody also does it. And not just about national security matters, but even how bills on routine matters are pending.

You're going after a figment of your imagination. Worry more about Senators and Congressmen who are directing their staff to leak.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post

Get your story straight, it's been blamed on those evil Brits since last week. It was the British intelligence that helped Obama, according to Spicer. The enemy is Britain, not Russia. Get it straight...

It is hard to grasp, because I don't understand and you don't seem to want to explain, why people in IC would want to defend ACA.
    Career bureaucrats in the Intelligence Community who were loyal to Obama, believed in what he did and what he stood for (remember, they're people just like you and me. They have opinions, ideologies, allegiances). They see Trump as a massive threat (at the time) to Obama's accomplishments that they deeply believe in, such as Obamacare. They also deeply believe against everything Trump stands for, as a person and as a president. Mix it all together and you get near-daily intelligence leaks that are damaging to Trump.

And we all stand around wondering, "Where could these leaks be coming from!?"

I mean, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    You do realize that most "leaks" are authorized leaks right? It's one person in government leaking to put pressure on another player in government. A rogue public servant is the extreme rareity.

If you want to find leakers, you'll be much better off looking into John McCain's chief of staff than the CIA. That's how this works. As an example, John McCain wants to push an agenda... he has access to intelligence, so he tells his chief of staff to leak to Post.

In the vast majority of leaks, that is how they happen. Everyone is playing the "whole is the leaker" game, but everybody also does it. And not just about national security matters, but even how bills on routine matters are pending.

You're going after a figment of your imagination. Worry more about Senators and Congressmen who are directing their staff to leak.
    It's also why the leaks tend to drip and only get worse over time. Even if they have evidence, they want to pressure the opposing party in order to control progression of events or into backing down/vacating rather than bury them in a political media spectacle.

You know this but it's more for people like mage21 who think the CIA have been just going rogue and leaking small shit to get their rocks off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Career bureaucrats in the Intelligence Community who were loyal to Obama, believed in what he did and what he stood for (remember, they're people just like you and me. They have opinions, ideologies, allegiances). They see Trump as a massive threat (at the time) to Obama's accomplishments that they deeply believe in, such as Obamacare. They also deeply believe against everything Trump stands for, as a person and as a president. Mix it all together and you get near-daily intelligence leaks that are damaging to Trump.

And we all stand around wondering, "Where could these leaks be coming from!?"

I mean, really.
    That doesn't make sense... why wouldn't this happen all the time? What made Obama so special, that this is when it happens?

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post

I'm not going after anything. All I argued was that these stories are not "organic". The sieve-like leaking from the intelligence community fuels much of these anti-Trump stories. There's nothing organic about it.

- - - Updated - - -

That doesn't make sense... why wouldn't this happen all the time? What made Obama so special, that this is when it happens?
    The political atmosphere is more polarized and divided than any in recent memory. People love Obama as much as they hate Trump, and vice versa, and it's never been this bad. The political atmosphere plays into this big time.

I'm not going after anything. All I argued was that these stories are not "organic". The sieve-like leaking from the intelligence community fuels much of these anti-Trump stories. There's nothing organic about it.
    Except as Skroe stated, most leaks actually originate from congressman staffers or even White House staffers as controlled leaks. It's more important to set the narrative, apply pressure, and give them a chance to flee. The IC doesn't really gain anything by leaking directly.

Except as Skroe stated, most leaks actually originate from congressman staffers or even White House staffers as controlled leaks. It's more important to set the narrative, apply pressure, and give them a chance to flee. The IC doesn't really gain anything by leaking directly.
    All I said was it was suspicious. And those suspicions were shared among mainstream pundits at the time.

All I said was it was suspicious. And those suspicions were shared among mainstream pundits at the time.
    Noting that it was McCain who was the one who kicked the Russian investigation into overdrive through what appeared to be more controlled leaks then going to the FBI.

It's easier to blame the shadow IC, even for pundits on both sides, than to say "hey your congressmen are telling their staff to leak shit."

You do know Trump's current stance is for ACA to continue until it explodes and be blamed on democrats?
    Hell people in the CIA don't care if a communist or a Marxist gets elected, they will still serve the person elected by the people regardless of the political affiliation.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

Yep. Case in point, the leak a few years back of Operation Olympic Games, the Bush/Obama Administration's cyberwarfare campaign against Iran (Stuxnet, Flame).

That was leaked by General Cartwright (aka "Obama's favorite General), around the time of the 2012 election, to illustrate that the Obama Administration was doing something about Iran and protect his political flank. The leak was almost certainly ordered by the White House, and it was not a coincidence Obama pardoned him days before leaving office.

Leaking Operational Olympic Games, which was ongoing but largely wrapped up, was highly political. It's only purpose was to allow Obama to debate Romney and say "I AM doing something about Iran... something short of war!". The IC didn't benefit at all from how advanced their tools turned out to be. And I say this as a professional computer scientist: shortly after the leaks became public it became clear that the NSA has at least half a decade head start on the private sector. According to security experts, things the NSA did with Flame in particular was written up just a few months before as theoretical... but there they were, out in the wild for at least five years undetected.

Snowden and Manning are captivating stories. But they are the exception. Leaks are almost always done so one elected party can push an agenda against another. Carwright? He's a senior fellow at a bunch of important centrist thin tanks and works at ABC and Harvard. It hasn't exactly been a rough go for him. He's been taken care of.