Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Is symmetra strong on offense?

Was feeling bored and decided to try some symmetra attack and boy she is plenty good. Only ever see her on defence. Not sure why though her kit is more than capable of attacking.

The e shield is so amazing at making pushes if the team is having trouble and catching out injured players with the gun itself and in the current meta with so many orisa around those orbs penetrating her shield makes people less likely to camp behind it.

Not to mention having a teleport ready when your team makes the push. You can just keep the pressure going non stop onto the objective.

This is all in quick play though not sure how well it works out in comp.

Symmetra is a cancer, overpowered hero. No skill to play whatsoever. That being said, yes she is strong on attack.... because she's too strong on everything.

Sure if the opposing team never adapts and counters.
    Ultimately symmetra does gain the most benefit on Defense Assault Maps followed by Control Maps.
    Im just glad you can actually choose her without being shit on

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rabka Uhalla View Post
    Symmetra is a cancer, overpowered hero. No skill to play whatsoever. That being said, yes she is strong on attack.... because she's too strong on everything.
    Sure no skill when it comes to aiming, but she has a lot of aspects to manage. She is a defensive character like torb. You still ahve her right click, turret management, shield protection, and portal longetivity to master

Any half decent Pharah can shut Symmetra down, no matter what side they're on.

And with Pharah being quite popular...I'd have to say no overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Saafiaxo View Post
    If you truly think that then you really don't have a clue x_x
    Lol k. /10char

10+ Year Old Account
    She's not at all. She spends 90% of the time doing nothing, and if she doesn't Team wipe in that 10% she was a total waste. Given that anyone with a drop off on their weapon of over 10m will destroy her, there's a very high chance that team wipe doesn't happen.

Being so incredibly niche but quite good in that niche doesn't make her overpowered, it makes her terribly designed. I'd love if they fixed her beam to break at the 7m engage distance on the premise that it'd be more fair and feel less shit when you blink around a corner to escape but die anyway; but that would actually nerf her and render her completely useless and I wouldn't know what compensation to give.

What gets me is how badly people handle her. Every PotG I've seen that demonstrates how "op" she is, is the same; people turning their backs and running the charging up beam into their team. Like they think they can out run her. No one shoots her. They just run in terror and that's absolutely the worst thing you can do.

As for whether she's strong on Offense, I'm going to go with no. Not normally. She can take people by surprise especially if they're not set for it, but mostly she gets wrecked.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2017-03-26 at 08:36 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you allow her to get close you've failed as a player. Reinhardt is far stronger than Symmetra at close range, can charge, flamestrike, etc. Symmetra has no mobility, must sneak in and attack, has low health,etc. Yet people panic when she's close instead of just shooting her.

@OP : She can have success on offense but only if the enemy team completely ignores you. You have to hide behind your tanks or flank like other defense characters.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Deleted
    I see so many symmetra's that can't even hold a defense point, Symmetra is kinda as good as you are as a player.

Same thing with Junkrat, those that master angles with the grenades well can kill whilst not even being within sight.

-

Symmetra however not like the guy says above, she isn't super reliant on her team, but she's very reliant on taking opportunities at the right time, when you go into offense, be committed, if you doubt your chances then you'll probably be dead in two hits. However when your beam is charged and you wildly run in people, and go after the healer, you can really disrupt them and they'll backpedal quite fast.

10+ Year Old Account
    pebcak, I bet your go to is soldier 76 and won't change when you constantly get shit on by a symmetra.
    Last edited by stabetha; 2017-03-26 at 06:14 PM.
    you can't make this shit up
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Third-wave feminism or Choice feminism is actually extremely egalitarian
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I hate America
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:Actual news agency (mostly factual):CNN MSNBC NPR

10+ Year Old Account
    Despite being called a "Support" hero, and despite Blizzard's insistence that she is one, Sym is mostly
    a defense-style hero (in retrospect) with some very strong offense potential. Most of her abilities
    don't really tailor well to offense, depending on the map of course. Payload delivery not so much,
    holding a point works well, again, depending on the map. She's much better suited for defense than
    offense.

However, like its been said, Pharah absolutely, easily counters her. As well as anyone with a decent
    ranged option. Tracer can also take care of her since she can escape her beam more easily than Genji.
    In close quarters, Reaper and Reinhardt can kill her before she can become too much of a problem.

That being said, if she is playing smart and acts a little similarly to Roadhog, which is staying side by
    side with the tanks and melting anyone who gets near, that's a pretty strong offensive line to deal with.

Symm beaming people is the easiest hook of my life every time.

Just like any character, she's good in the right hands and terrible in the wrong ones. Main issue is that she has so many counters, even if the team never takes advantage of them. A DVa or Winston can melt her turrets easily, she has terrible range and really only works standing next to a tank or managing to surprise on a flank, Pharah is never touched by her unless the player makes a mistake.
    Don't get me wrong, I've seen Syms on my team and against that do really well and can damn near wipe a team with a full charged beam if they pick their targets and, again, have surprise on their side.

Deleted
    When she is in the way i smack her with a hammer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    If you allow her to get close you've failed as a player. Reinhardt is far stronger than Symmetra at close range, can charge, flamestrike, etc. Symmetra has no mobility, must sneak in and attack, has low health,etc. Yet people panic when she's close instead of just shooting her.

@OP : She can have success on offense but only if the enemy team completely ignores you. You have to hide behind your tanks or flank like other defense characters.
    She can hide behind her shield to get close to people.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    She can hide behind her shield to get close to people.
    Well sure, if they're both in a straight hallway alone together, and she charges someone behind it while they try to S key away.
    Like saying people can hide behind Reins shield and keep shooting at you from behind it.
    I know what you are saying, I've had it happen to me and done it to others, but after it happens so many times it's an easy strategy to avoid or overcome. Also depends on who she's up against.
    It's pretty funny the 2nd time you see the same Sym try this just to freak out and have no idea what to do when you go straight at them. Sort of like DVa, I've won many 1v1 matches against her with certain people because I hug her nuts (so to speak) and stay LoS of her tracking. Same with Sym. The beam might be on you, but if you're usually jumping and circling her while varying the way you are running while tracking her, it's not so bad.
    One of my favorite things to do with Sym right now a lot of players haven't used much (that I've seen) is charging her beam against someone's shield or Mei ice wall. Lot of people stop attacking it, but charging the beam on it to just watch people melt once it's down is pretty fun to do.

Symmetra isn't overpowered, that being said her primary ability is FAR too easy to use compared to other supports. I think the best change would to make her have to aim it instead of it just locking on. that's ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    Symmetra isn't overpowered, that being said her primary ability is FAR too easy to use compared to other supports. I think the best change would to make her have to aim it instead of it just locking on. that's ridiculous
    But then it wouldn't be a link gun. It's supposed to be a link gun.

Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    To be fair, she does have to aim - her ability 'locks on' but she needs to be fairly close to get to that point and remain close if she intends to finish someone off. She excels at catching people by surprise but she only has 200 health to begin with and an extra 75 if her shield generator is up and in range. As someone who players Symmetra often one of the biggest mistakes people make is not hunting down the shield generator. Not only does it strip away some of her health but it also prevents everybody else on her team in range from having an extra chunk of life too.

Pharah is great for countering her turrets and staying out of range long enough to take Symmetra out. A couple of direct hits - or even splash damage combined with other heroes firing at her - can take her out pretty quickly. Reinhardt's great and swinging at her wildly due to the range of his hammer, especially if he's being healed at the time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    Symm beaming people is the easiest hook of my life every time.
    But but you aren't a Roadhog main...

Quote Originally Posted by Draex View Post
    But but you aren't a Roadhog main...
    I'll pick him when appropriate though.