Deleted

Question Rookie sin rogue

Hi guys.

I've recently reached 110 on my rogue, gotten a couple legendarys and started getting the feel of the class. However I am very unsure about a couple things.

First off is my opener, I've read several guides etc. on how to open, but no one seem to agree, and it also seems that it depends on legendarys/trinkets.
    I'm currently only sitting on Insignia + Bracers, which I believe does not change much on the 'standard' opener. Trinkets I use CoF and Entwined, still on the hunt for the mighty Draught.
    Level 30 talents I'm running nightstalker, as I believe subterfuge is only viable if you have the shoulders? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Secondly, I was curious as to how the 'basic rotation' goes? Do I use envenom with 4 CP, if my buff is about to run out?
    A few pointers would be nice, as I'm trying to min-max my DPS.

Also if you know any in-depth guides on assassination rogue, please do let me know, as I would love to read it.

Thanks in advance for the help!

You want to use standard opener.
    Garote > mutilate > rupture > mutilate until 5cp > vanish > rupture

I dont like the idea of CoF without boots. Same for DoS without shoulders.

You always want to envenom on 4cp, because next muti would be waste of combo points.

http://roguedpsguide.com/yourguidetotoppingthecharts/
    this site is good way to start

Quote Originally Posted by Aureli View Post
    You want to use standard opener.
    Garote > mutilate > rupture > mutilate until 5cp > vanish > rupture

I dont like the idea of CoF without boots. Same for DoS without shoulders.

You always want to envenom on 4cp, because next muti would be waste of combo points.

http://roguedpsguide.com/yourguidetotoppingthecharts/
    this site is good way to start
    CoF is bis even without boots.
    DoS is still second bis even without shouldes (but NBF is pretty close here).

This is for ST obv.

Deleted
    Thanks for the help guys - already improved my DPS a lot!

So what I'm unsure now is:
    SoT seems super important, do I need to use my next envenome before the debuff ticks off, or right as it has ticked off? My question is: does it matter if the debuff is on the target or not?

- Sorry for being a rookie

Deleted
    If you "read several guides etc", you already know all about the basic rotation?

tbh I'm on the same boat aswell. I've read 3 guides so far (some pdf, icy veins and wowhead), and i'm still not sure when I should "use" envenom. Just yesterday, I learnt that you could garrote while out of stealth... Dunno since when it's been the case, I've not played rogue for a very long time and mostly used combat rogue for the entire legion expansion...

One thing I know for sure is you time your evenom with your kingsbanes. But does that mean I should stick to the target for its entire duration ? Can I refresh the ruptures / garrote's uptime on the other targets ? What about envenom when you don't have kingsbane ? What about envenom when you're low on the garrote / rupture debuff ? Should I pool energy before using envenom and then 2 mutilate > envenom ?

See ? That's a lot of questions I'm asking myself. I may be overthinking too much. Still it pisses me off when the DPS in dungeons are quite random (it varies from 200 to 500k @ 840ish ilvl. Is that even good ?)

Etc etc...

you have to read the right guides^^ (http://roguedpsguide.com/)

sot buffs your ap at each apply of ap...so u want to envenom without the ap to refresh after sot falling off...meaning last 0.5 seconds of ap or shortly after sot dropping...if u clip/cut u got lower sot uptime but guaranteed buffed envenoms...if u envenom after sot falls off u get more sot uptime but risk the envenoms to be buffed...personally i try to hit 0 seconds left on sot

Deleted
    Class discord has a load of information for you to look at and there's people to ask for help on mastering the class there.

If you link some of your logs from anything I can see areas where you need to improve. But mainly you need to aim for a 100% uptime on rupture and garotte, evenom at 4 cp or above.

Aim for 2 MA relics + CoF + legendary boots if you can get them as that means your Vendetta always lines up with KB which is useful for cooldown management as well as boosting dps.

Wait, what ? You keep tracking the AP buff ? I just have a WA bar for rupture / garrot / envenom, not AP because I feel like they never get off as long as you're attacking the target ? I'm confused.

Also what exactly is clip / cut ? Whenever I'm about to use envenom, I mostly pool my energy and then envenom and wait til like there's only 0-2 sec envenom's buff up before refreshing it again (If I'm not short on bleeds uptime).

Oh and I never raid. So I don't have logs or anything. I mostly play all my chars on m+ runs. Right now my char is only 846ilvl. I just LFR for the set and that's it.
    Last edited by Raiz; 2017-03-28 at 11:51 AM.

Deleted
    It has to do with AP and SoT snapshotting
    Basically after you finish you get sot bonus damage to poisons...in the case of AP it will boost the damage bonus % of the AP stack by cp%
    However AP only has a 30% chance of being applied so in reality unless youre unlucky you have a little bit of time with the buffed AP stack even after the debuff itself falls off so to maximize uptime of a sot buffed AP stack you finish slightly after the debuff falls off or for safety you reapply the debuff right as its about to fall off

If you really want you could use a swing timer and just finish right before the melee swing