Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I registered just to post in this thread, been reading for years but never posted. Today, my wife and I were in fact doing lfr, our first ever run of the Nighthold. We would be considered somewhere between casual and hardcore, been playing WoW since 2009 but never been big raiders, so lfr really can be our only way to see the story content. The added issue here with some of the things being said is, there are quest and reward requirements that need raiding and dungeons in this expansion that there is no way around, killing Guldan is a requirement for the mystic runesaber mount, our reason today for being in there. Reason I am posting, my wife apparently did 85k DPS, as a survival hunter, an off spec for her, and someone started to argue in chat that she was afk. she was not, in fact she was doing everything the guides said to do, and was the last one alive on that wipe. sometimes DPS numbers can be deceiving, saying that you should kick everyone under a certain dps number in lfr, like 150k for instance, obviously has flaws when players who are trying, and are doing what they are supposed to do, are not meeting that benchmark for one reason or another. In this case, I imagine it was the repositioning that takes place during that encounter. I have no idea why this warranted a response from me but, I had words with the person who went on and on about this and he was eventually kicked from the raid, no one was kicked for a level of DPS, but I think sometimes people need to remember there are different ways to love this game, and not everyone hits every benchmark, or should, to enjoy it

Quote Originally Posted by heathp View Post
    I registered just to post in this thread, been reading for years but never posted. Today, my wife and I were in fact doing lfr, our first ever run of the Nighthold. We would be considered somewhere between casual and hardcore, been playing WoW since 2009 but never been big raiders, so lfr really can be our only way to see the story content. The added issue here with some of the things being said is, there are quest and reward requirements that need raiding and dungeons in this expansion that there is no way around, killing Guldan is a requirement for the mystic runesaber mount, our reason today for being in there. Reason I am posting, my wife apparently did 85k DPS, as a survival hunter, an off spec for her, and someone started to argue in chat that she was afk. she was not, in fact she was doing everything the guides said to do, and was the last one alive on that wipe. sometimes DPS numbers can be deceiving, saying that you should kick everyone under a certain dps number in lfr, like 150k for instance, obviously has flaws when players who are trying, and are doing what they are supposed to do, are not meeting that benchmark for one reason or another. In this case, I imagine it was the repositioning that takes place during that encounter. I have no idea why this warranted a response from me but, I had words with the person who went on and on about this and he was eventually kicked from the raid, no one was kicked for a level of DPS, but I think sometimes people need to remember there are different ways to love this game, and not everyone hits every benchmark, or should, to enjoy it
    Quote Originally Posted by heathp View Post
    she was doing everything the guides said to do
    Bull. Shit.

Eighty Five Fucking Thousand? That's just a bit more than auto-attacking. I'm pretty sure keeping uptime on a SINGLE ability in the rotation is more than that.

Not doing what you are supposed to do is the ONLY way to do that low. There is simply no such thing as someone doing everything they are supposed to do and pulling a sub-200k DPS number. Let's not even fucking mention sub-100k because at that point you are literally being out-DPSed by people at 100 in Blackrock Foundry at item level 700. The minimum item level for Gul'dan is 835. Every spec of the game is able to pull 200k at that level. ESPECIALLY Survival, which is one of the least legendary and gear dependent specs in the game.

I would have absolutely kicked your wife from the group for doing sub-100k and it's ridiculous that you came here expecting sympathy for your nonsense sob story. I don't give a fuck about whether or not you or your wife are enjoying yourself; my enjoyment is out the fucking window when we are wiping several times to an easy boss because people are not even committed enough to do more DPS than people were doing 2 years ago, which is exactly what your wife was doing. And this is a situation I found myself in several times recently (hello 5 wipes to BERSERK on Tichondrius!!).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Why are you watching TV when you are supposed to be focusing on the group content? You are just one of the perfect examples why LFR should be removed imo.
    People do stupid shit and you think an entire part of the game that a lot of people actually enjoy (read: they don't post here) should be removed? lolwut?
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by FpicEail View Post
    Eighty Five Fucking Thousand? That's just a bit more than auto-attacking. I'm pretty sure keeping uptime on a SINGLE ability in the rotation is more than that.
    People seem to have a severely warped idea of how much dmg just "auto attacking" does. Here's some actual testing I'm doing right now

860ilvl demon hunter with 32 traits and legendary bracers:

Only Auto attacking: 11k dps.

Auto attacking+Demons Bite: 60k dps.

Auto attacking+Demons Bite + Chaos Strike: 120k dps.

My full rotation in AoE spec on a st fight done nearly correctly: 219k

My full rotation, ST spec all done correctly: 258k dps.

So maybe now this will help some of you work out exactly what numbers to expect. Or what dps numbers people "Only auto attacking" will do. Or "Only using 1 button"

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    People seem to have a severely warped idea of how much dmg just "auto attacking" does. Here's some actual testing I'm doing right now

860ilvl demon hunter with 32 traits and legendary bracers:

Only Auto attacking: 11k dps.

Auto attacking+Demons Bite: 60k dps.

Auto attacking+Demons Bite + Chaos Strike: 120k dps.

My full rotation in AoE spec on a st fight done nearly correctly: 219k

My full rotation, ST spec all done correctly: 258k dps.

So maybe now this will help some of you work out exactly what numbers to expect. Or what dps numbers people "Only auto attacking" will do. Or "Only using 1 button"
    Yea right. I main DH, i did more than that in 845 gear with 18-something traits in september last year.

Bull. Shit.

Not doing what you are supposed to do is the ONLY way to do that low. There is simply no such thing as someone doing everything they are supposed to do and pulling a sub-200k DPS number. Let's not even fucking mention sub-100k because at that point you are literally being out-DPSed by people at 100 in Blackrock Foundry at item level 700. The minimum item level for Gul'dan is 835. Every spec of the game is able to pull 200k at that level. ESPECIALLY Survival, which is one of the least legendary and gear dependent specs in the game.

I would have absolutely kicked your wife from the group for doing sub-100k and it's ridiculous that you came here expecting sympathy for your nonsense sob story. I don't give a fuck about whether or not you or your wife are enjoying yourself; my enjoyment is out the fucking window when we are wiping several times to an easy boss because people are not even committed enough to do more DPS than people were doing 2 years ago, which is exactly what your wife was doing. And this is a situation I found myself in several times recently (hello 5 wipes to BERSERK on Tichondrius!!).
    I struggled to stay above 200k on my 2 day old shadow priest on guldan at 850ish ilevel, wouldn't say I'm terrible at the game as I have multiple 90%+ logs on my mage, I was one of the only people getting souls, stacking fire debuff and focusing the empowered eyes so not everyone should be judged by doing lowish dps in LFR, pulling 200k at 835ilevel isn't easy

Quote Originally Posted by victork8 View Post
    Yea right. I main DH, i did more than that in 845 gear with 18-something traits in september last year.
    Feel free to show proof rather than just bsing. Because you probably think you did more, because you're counting meta burst. I'm going sustain, so right when nemisis comes back off cd. YES it is possible to do more than that, of course. but there is rng to it, and you can't compare good rng attempts, to bad ones or average ones, but the thing is, in lfr there will be bad and average rng times.
    Last edited by Emerald Archer; 2017-03-26 at 07:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridcully View Post
    Last time i saw someone try that, people told him to shut the fuck up. Low geared characters use LFR for gearing, if they do not go afk after pull, they should never ever be kicked.
    So you think it is totally fine if they cause the boss to hit the hard enrage timer because they're lazy shits who just want to be carried?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Let's not even fucking mention sub-100k because at that point you are literally being out-DPSed by people at 100 in Blackrock Foundry at item level 700. The minimum item level for Gul'dan is 835.
    Let's forget all DPS was nerfed 50% in Legion prepatch and that those people had good trinkets and well optimized gear. Let's not even mention that it's bullshit, you can watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rB8tVnIBUtg and see that guy with the highest DPS has under 70k, despite being decked in BRF mythic gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    Let's forget all DPS was nerfed 50% in Legion prepatch and that those people had good trinkets and well optimized gear. Let's not even mention that it's bullshit, you can watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rB8tVnIBUtg and see that guy with the highest DPS has under 70k, despite being decked in BRF mythic gear.
    Previous expansion numbers aren't even relevant to this expansion. The main point is that anyone doing below 100k dps@835 ilvl is clearly doing something horribly wrong, 100k is a joke to hit at 820 ilvl. 85k at 835ilvl? I could see that as being somewhat reasonable, if you're a tank.

If they did follow a guide and only did 85k, chances are that "guide" was Noxxic. In which case I just pity them for getting trolled by that site. Also who plays their OS on a pure dps class when their numbers in that OS are terrible?
    Last edited by TEHPALLYTANK; 2017-03-26 at 07:56 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Eh, if you're doing like 200k or less DPS, you just ain't trying these days. Don't blame em for kicking on Gul'dan, he's a long enough fight as it is and multiple wipes just waste everyone's time.

Quote Originally Posted by xezar View Post
    Eh, if you're doing like 200k or less DPS, you just ain't trying these days. Don't blame em for kicking on Gul'dan, he's a long enough fight as it is and multiple wipes just waste everyone's time.
    yea, LFR is toxic since it encourages people for kicking low-dps players.

Wanna stay learn to play.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Previous expansion numbers aren't even relevant to this expansion. The main point is that anyone doing below 100k dps@835 ilvl is clearly doing something horribly wrong, 100k is a joke to hit at 820 ilvl. 85k at 835ilvl? I could see that as being somewhat reasonable, if you're a tank.

If they did follow a guide and only did 85k, chances are that "guide" was Noxxic. In which case I just pity them for getting trolled by that site. Also who plays their OS on a pure dps class when their numbers in that OS are terrible?
    I wasn't commenting DPS itself (85k is plain terrible in any circumstances, i deal more with my Disc Priest), just that user's attempt to compare apples and oranges.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    That's why you don't touch anything, so you don't appear on recount.
    ^ this guy gets it.

Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    That's why you don't touch anything, so you don't appear on recount.
    lol, i have done this before, and it does work lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    Mass kickfests like this are terrible, but in the two I've personally witnessed over the years of LFR, both had people calling out names and in both I slipped the original dickwad that demanded the kicks into the chat spam and successfully got them kicked. One of those times, apparently that person was part of a group and they were raging hard at me when they realized. It was one of the best memories I have of this entire game. Still makes me chuckle to this day. I wish I saved a chat log or a screenshot.
    ^ this is also a good method.
    1) Don't do anything that would show on meters
    2) When the raging starts, lobby to get the top DPS (usually the ones raging) kicked - people don't generally care/or have meters so they just go with the flow and kick whoever as long as the kicking is good. It's amazing.

3) lolz

Not ever person is same and kick low dps not helping them... just being elitist attitude

Kicking people doing unacceptably low dps is perfectly rational. Players who are clearly not functionally ready for something as simple as LFR should not be rewarded with loot for being carried.

If the group decides to kick the low dps then god bless them for agreeing on something.

If you can't do 200k dps in LFR Nighthold then you should go hit a dummy and learn your rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by Talvindius View Post
    Kicking people doing unacceptably low dps is perfectly rational. Players who are clearly not functionally ready for something as simple as LFR should not be rewarded with loot for being carried.

If the group decides to kick the low dps then god bless them for agreeing on something.

If you can't do 200k dps in LFR Nighthold then you should go hit a dummy and learn your rotation.
    Yes kicking people doing unacceptably low dps is perfectly rational and a good idea. But it isn't black and white.

Say you have 5 people, under 200k dps. One guy is 830, got into lfr cause in bags is 835, but you look at what his dmging abilities are, they guy is clearly trying and is doing 190k. Alright let him pass, next guy is doing 198, but he's 890 and his only attack is auto attack + 1 ability every now and then, kick that shithead. Next guy is 150, he's casting stuff but it's the same 2 abilities and he just isn't trying, kick him, next guy 100k dps, he's casting all his abilities, but he isn't casting an ability that makes the target more vulnerable to his dmg so it isn't working, he hasn't done enough research, kick him, and then a guy doing 50k who's just auto attacking and casting a few random things rarely, he's 840, kick him too.

This way, the guy who is actually trying stays, and now you kicked 4 and have 4 new hopefully good dps that just joined. Yay. Boss dies.