Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Starcraft Remastered

According to an interview posted on https://esports.yahoo.com/blizzard-i...000000355.html

This has been in development for 12 months and will be releasing StarCraft Anthology (which includes the original StarCraft and the Brood War expansion) as a free download.

Comes out sometime this summer.

Well shit.... thats gonna be interesting...

Warrior - Twitch - Twitter Sig by: Isilrien

Deleted
    seems like just a graphics and resolution update. not sure i like the zooming out part that always weird in old games, makes everything to small and you can see stuff you werent intended to see. 16:9 is great but 4k prolly means you can literally see the entire map at once.

the absolutely no gameplay changes ofc is both nice and meh. wish they would have done two modes, pure classic mode and a mode with modern things like multi building select, more then 12 unit select, etc, to make the game more appealing to those who never played it back in the day.
    Last edited by mmoc982b0e8df8; 2017-03-26 at 06:06 AM.

The point was to have a graphic and resolution update without any gameplay change at all.

Free download ?
    Hmm.. a bit skeptical about that..

Could be fun to play again on new hardware though.
    Last edited by User789; 2017-03-26 at 06:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, been playing around in SC2 for a while, saw this on the front page.
    Wonder if we get retarded dragoon and goliaths still.

Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    seems like just a graphics and resolution update. not sure i like the zooming out part that always weird in old games, makes everything to small and you can see stuff you werent intended to see. 16:9 is great but 4k prolly means you can literally see the entire map at once.

the absolutely no gameplay changes ofc is both nice and meh. wish they would have done two modes, pure classic mode and a mode with modern things like multi building select, more then 12 unit select, etc, to make the game more appealing to those who never played it back in the day.
    This has been a known project for a while, they're bringing back W3 and Starcraft, and Diablo to work with modern systems, not release new content. Last time I looked at the hiring page at Blizzard, they're still hiring for it, so who knows - now that they're updated, they might add new content.

I'm just glad they're doing W3 - I never played it, and want to, but I don't have a computer that can run the original game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just a graphics update? A bummer. Some modernization is definitely needed to get me interested.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    This has been a known project for a while, they're bringing back W3 and Starcraft, and Diablo to work with modern systems, not release new content. Last time I looked at the hiring page at Blizzard, they're still hiring for it, so who knows - now that they're updated, they might add new content.

I'm just glad they're doing W3 - I never played it, and want to, but I don't have a computer that can run the original game.
    pretty sure the only thing that was known is that they were remastering it, not any details.

i'm just saying for some people not having certain very basic features that are normal today might lessen the experience. i know it's happened to me before when i went back to a 20 year old game and i went "omg how could i have like this as a kid". so i'm just saying pure classic mode and a mode with quality of life improvements would have been nice.

like sometimes i think, lets try Dune 2 again because that game was awesome, but then i think, will it really be a good experience after 25 years of RTS where you can select more then one unit at a time or will that ruin my memories?

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Yeah, been playing around in SC2 for a while, saw this on the front page.
    Wonder if we get retarded dragoon and goliaths still.
    StarCraft: Remastered will still play like the StarCraft of old, from the “derpy” dragoons to finer gameplay details such as Reaver Scarabs not exploding straight away.
    https://esports.yahoo.com/blizzards-...053022518.html

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puzzony View Post
    The point was to have a graphic and resolution update without any gameplay change at all.
    Exactly. If you want modernization just play SC2.

This remaster is doing some really nice stuff. Graphics, UI, sound, matchmaking, hotkeys, b.net integration... good stuff
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post

yeah 4k will be insane

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Racthoh View Post
    yeah 4k will be insane
    meh. In Age of Empires 2 HD , in ranked competitive you can use 4k which lets you see way more then other people but it's almost impossible to use, micro is made way too hard.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Holy shit i'd pay 100€ if blizzard did the same for Diablo 2.

SERIOUSLY.

Looks worse than the original

10+ Year Old Account
    Aw ye, time to watch dragoons not do shit you want it to do.

Not crazy about the portraits but everything else looks sweet and its everything I could've ever wanted and more

10+ Year Old Account
    I got mass recall, why i should bother to buy HD SC1 and so worse, probably for 60 euro because blizz rise up prices for everything they offer only in EU?

Hate in 3,2,1...

I just hope you can select more than what was it ....12 units at a time? I'm betting not, but man that annoyed me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post
    Exactly. If you want modernization just play SC2.

This remaster is doing some really nice stuff. Graphics, UI, sound, matchmaking, hotkeys, b.net integration... good stuff
    Who cares, it's Starcraft 1. I've played that game years ago, a minor change to the game isn't gonna make me eager to play it again.