15+ Year Old Account
    "Manchester United closing in on Antoine Griezmann: Jose Mourinho ready to pay £86m." - BBC Sports

Do you lot think he's fit for the PL? Kinda need a replacement for when Zlatan moves on/retires.

Griezmann would do just fine in the PL. But he wouldn't be a direct replacement for Zlatan, completely different type of player

De Bruyne injured.
    Hopefully out for our game vs Citeh.

Belgium looked rather toothless.
    Lukaku with another late goal though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah Belgium didn't look good at all, I mean they were constantly attacking for the last 30 mins against 10 men and it took them until the 89th minute to score... props to the Greece keeper though, made some good saves.

Martinez waited until the 81st minute (I think) to take off a defender and bring on Miralles...

Belgium need a proper high tier manager, because the players have got what it takes to be a top world team, imo.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yeah, noticed rumors of Dries Mertens' agent having contact with United. Now I have no clue if this is true or not, but Dries Mertens is one of my favorite football players and I'd love to see him play for United!
    Last edited by Nerph-; 2017-03-26 at 08:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cren View Post
    Can you please wait with that until after this qualifaction? I was very sad when sad got the same group as France and Holland, but if the dutch keep this up Sweden actually have a good chance at second place so please wait with fixing things
    To be honest Sweden has this in the pocket. All you need to do is not lose in Holland, which really should be easy given this Dutch team. No inspiration. Low tempo. Still playing that same crappy 4-3-3 that has been analysed to death by every single opponent. And we don't have the players for it at the moment. Our best players (Strootman, Robben, Sneijder) are playing far below their level.

Deleted
    Griezmann would be a ten times better buy than Pogba.

Top player.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post
    Griezmann would be a ten times better buy than Pogba.

Top player.
    All this praise is making me get my hopes up Mourinho manages to get him!

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by Valeron View Post
    España

La Furia Roja
    At least somebody remembers which teams I cheer for

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNinja View Post
    At least somebody remembers which teams I cheer for
    Darn and here I was hoping you'd be a good neighbour!

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    Darn and here I was hoping you'd be a good neighbour!
    I'm a good neighbour, but the Netherlands and Spain come first.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hehe good to hear you don't hate us Belgians (My wink meant I wasn't really serious, to avoid misunderstandings). I'm half English half Belgian but I gave up on England ages ago lol

10+ Year Old Account
    So the Dutch squad apparantly is training without Blind. Hope this means good news.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    So the Dutch squad apparantly is training without Blind. Hope this means good news.
    Question then becomes: Who next? Ronald Koeman still has a 2+ year deal at Everton, and he is in my opinion the best candidate. He has the experience, has shown he can coach at a high international level, and is not afraid to ditch that fail 4-3-3. So are we going to get another interim coach? Another KNVB puppet?

Frank de Boer?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    Question then becomes: Who next? Ronald Koeman still has a 2+ year deal at Everton, and he is in my opinion the best candidate. He has the experience, has shown he can coach at a high international level, and is not afraid to ditch that fail 4-3-3. So are we going to get another interim coach? Another KNVB puppet?

Frank de Boer?
    Ronald Koeman would be the perfect candidate, they should have picked him 3/4 years ago, but:

1) He's still has an Everton contract

2) He wants to be available for the Barcelona job

So the only other Dutch candidate would be Frank de Boer. Not a real fan of his tactics or playstyle. People shouting for Ron Jans or Aad de Mos should lose their right to vote forever.

Probably for the best if we get a foreign coach. Who? Bielsa or Sampaoli would be nice but that's unrealistic.

But what I do hope is that sacking Blind also has consequences for the people who hired him at the first place and the cuckoo guru Van Breukelen.
    Last edited by MCMLXXXII; 2017-03-26 at 02:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    Ronald Koeman would be the perfect candidate, but:

1) He's still has an Everton contract

2) He wants to be available for the Barcelona job

So the only other Dutch candidate would be Frank de Boer. Not a real fan of his tactics or playstyle. People shouting for Ron Jans or Aad de Mos should lose their right to vote forever.

Probably for the best if we get a foreign coach. Who? Bielsa or Sampaoli would be nice but that's unrealistic.

But what I do hope is that sacking Blind also has consequences for the people who hired him at the first place and the cuckoo guru Van Breukelen.
    Frank de Boer has the same issue as Blind, too stuck playing possession football. Our current team cannot play possession football, as they lack skill and pace. However, Frank de Boer is a decent coach, but lacks international experience. Dutch titles are nice, but it's not exactly an accomplishment on international level - his failure to perform in Europe with Ajax is an indication he might not be ready yet for the Dutch job.

Aad de Mos and Ron Jans, no thanks. Not sure, who we realistically have left to do job. A foreign coach might be an option but unlikely to happen.

I also agree with you, there need to be consequences for those responsible at the KNVB. This whole mess would not have happened, had they assigned Koeman instead of Hiddink.

10+ Year Old Account
    Frank de Boer has the same issue as Blind, too stuck playing possession football. Our current team cannot play possession football, as they lack skill and pace. However, Frank de Boer is a decent coach, but lacks international experience. Dutch titles are nice, but it's not exactly an accomplishment on international level - his failure to perform in Europe with Ajax is an indication he might not be ready yet for the Dutch job.

Aad de Mos and Ron Jans, no thanks. Not sure, who we realistically have left to do job. A foreign coach might be an option but unlikely to happen.

I also agree with you, there need to be consequences for those responsible at the KNVB. This whole mess would not have happened, had they assigned Koeman instead of Hiddink.
    Maybe Van Gaal as interim for the time being. And a foreign coach probably is the only solution to stop this Dutch disease. 4-3-3 was great in the seventies, back when there were real wingers. Nowadays it's suicide. Easy to defend, easy to demolish. We need a fresh vision.

I heard some people say Wenger. The guy still is respected by a majority but he is getting a bit old.

Shame Robert Maaskant already has a job

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    "Manchester United closing in on Antoine Griezmann: Jose Mourinho ready to pay £86m." - BBC Sports
    he'll go to chelsea

- - - Updated - - -

keep going Jermain

To be honest Sweden has this in the pocket. All you need to do is not lose in Holland, which really should be easy given this Dutch team. No inspiration. Low tempo. Still playing that same crappy 4-3-3 that has been analysed to death by every single opponent. And we don't have the players for it at the moment. Our best players (Strootman, Robben, Sneijder) are playing far below their level.
    And you forget a bad coach, in other words: They need someone new who can actually make a new team from the ground up, yes it will take time and the first few years will not be the best, but with these old fucks, Robben and co, you need to change soon anyway, and theres no loss now if you do it.

Deleted
    Need someone who can hold the ball up better than Griezmann at Chelsea.
    All signs point to Costa sodding off and Lukaku coming in - and Lukaku will have a lot of work to do to fit that profile.
    A front two pairing of Griezmann and Lukaku would be very good if Lukaku develops the lacking sides of his game, namely his back to goal hold up play and his workrate.

Batshuawayi is shit and I'm amazed they paid what they did for him - he doesn't understand the offside rule ffs.

Chelsea will need two strikers if Costa sods off so they might have an eye on Griezmann - who knows.

I will never forgive KNVB for choosing Hiddink over Koeman, everything would have gone so much better.