Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Hm ok nice. Lets see what they are charging for it.

Deleted
    April's fool. dont fall for it!

Quote Originally Posted by Serissa View Post
    Without even a blink if I don't have to do shamanic dance to make it work on modern hardware.
    I never had to for the Anthology. Set it to run for compatibility mode with Windows 98/ME and done. Has ran fine on 7, 8.1 and 10 for me. Actually on 10 right now I forgot to set up compatibility and it works just fine. As do D2 and WC3.

Also they had a chance here to use the SC2 engine and make it it's own game instead of linked with the original. Lost opportunity imo.

15+ Year Old Account
    This gives me hope for D2 remaster

Quote Originally Posted by Kakera View Post
    So glad I quit Blizz games. Fuckin cash grabbing for years since they've run out of original ideas.

Thanks for coming to a prominent blizzard game forum and telling people. Seems to me you only posted to get some sort of validation.

Deleted
    I hope this is the first step in a series of HD Remasters.

Warcraft trilogy and Diablo franchise next please!

Give me Wc3, not SC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    This gives me hope for D2 remaster
    Yes, me too.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

I'd like D2 and D1 personally. But don't just give it a nail polish actually use the D3 engine for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuckatron5000 View Post
    I don't get it... they could have used the current graphics and engine from SC2 and with a bit of effort and artwork could have applied it to the original.
    It's a remaster, not a remake.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

10+ Year Old Account
    Charging for a remastered game, i think i'll pass.

I would love to see the same on Diablo I & II

This raised my hope for a D2 remaster, my lord I want that so much lol

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    I don't understand. Why would they spend resources on an old, old game, while there's already a new, better version of it? What a waste.
    BroodWar is still extremely popular especially in S.Korea, where this was actually announced during the We <3 StarCraft event. The SC esports scene is mostly over there, and a lot of them have stuck with BroodWar rather than SC2.

As for people bitching about them making this remaster:

This is long overdue, the game is still widely played and it doesn't even properly support modern resolutions. Not only that, but remember that Blizzard has seperate teams for seperate projects, them working on this doesn't take away from other projects...
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Hope it's out for ASL season 3 :P

also hope they add to the bnet luncher or blizz app or whatever

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Its nice to see a remaster that will work on more modern machines, but i really wonder how much will they charge for it. With certain changes they made recently i can totally see them going for 30 euro +.

I think this is a good idea, I don't really play SC or SC2 anymore, I might pick this up because I loved the original so much. I'd absolutely love to have d2 updated like this too. When blizzard releases a new game it is almost always a big hit, even if its launch is shaky ( im looking at you d3 ). Give them time to do whatever it is they are doing in terms of new games, we just got overwatch and hots, which is amazing considering blizz's timeframe for releasing games.

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    Well after seeing this news and the replies in this thread I am not surprised at all.. I bet if Blizzard ever went under there would be dancing in the streets since there is so much hate for Blizzard seems to be a new international sport..

- - - Updated - - -

Even if Blizzard did the same ones complaining about the SC remaster will complain about the WC remaster..
    Very true, though I think Warcraft wouldn't really suffer so much spite since then people can experience the happenings before the MMORPG but alas, people want to complain about a company jumping on the HD remaster bandwagon years after it started.

7+ Year Old Account
    Now remaster warcraft 3
    Legion is the worst expansion
    BFA=Blizzard Failed Again
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._google_trend/