Thread: Clicker Heroes

Page 40 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    clicker ancients to boost 200-300 extra levels at the end of each Ascension
    Wait, what?

Quote Originally Posted by AndyF1069 View Post
    Wait, what?
    Basically you play as a mostly idle build, but then when it starts to fall behind and you can no longer kill bosses while idle, set your auto-clickers to click on the enemy and use your cooldowns and such; clicking does way more DPS (but has a far lower GPS modifier) than idle so you should be able to progress quite a few more zones before Ascending (as mentioned, possibly ~200-300 zones). So you might be idle for like 90+% of the time and then active for the last 20-30 minutes per ascension.

You'll want some levels in Bhaal, Fragsworth, and Juggernaut, but probably don't need nearly as many total souls invested in them compared to your generic/idle ancients.

10+ Year Old Account
    The way I interpreted it made it seem that triggering an ascension would automatically progress you forwards by a few hundred levels. I was excited and mad at myself all at the same time.

Basically what Shaiandra said, when my run caps out & stops progressing via idle, I just drop all my autoclickers on the field and pop all clicker cds. The gold gain is basically nonexistant at that point (rarely able to buy more than 1-2 levels on the hero I was levelling), but can progress a bunch of extra zones (was actually more like 200-500) before it caps out, which nets me quite a few extra HS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ugh. Getting a bunch of gold by mercenaries after a transcendence did NOT work. Still slow as fuck. After I get the gold, I can spend the money on leveling up, like, once, for a new hero, but I haven't advanced my level in probably an hour at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Ugh. Getting a bunch of gold by mercenaries after a transcendence did NOT work. Still slow as fuck. After I get the gold, I can spend the money on leveling up, like, once, for a new hero, but I haven't advanced my level in probably an hour at this point.
    I also said the following. Did you do it this way?

"Note that the amount of gold received from a mercenary mission is a factor of your DPS, GPS, and current Zone, so don't claim them immediately. Once the going gets slow, claim one, use it to level up your doods a ton, let them get as far as they can and once it gets slow claim the next mission, and so on."

With 3 or 4 gold missions I can get back to the 100s (and start Ascending and snowballing) within an hour or two.. and I usually don't start claiming them until I'm around zone 50-60ish. It's pretty fast to progress normally up until then.

God I love forums for shit like this. First post in 2014 and the slow descent to madness. "WTF It's just clicking" hours later...

Been there, done that. Ended up like zone 4000 or so with transcendence update. The exponential nature is so addicting but after (enough) hours it starts to get like a linear progression that stops being interesting. (Don't ask me why it was interesting in the beginning)

10+ Year Old Account
    I saw this on ps4 and thought what a waste of time. Now I feel like downloading it.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    I saw this on ps4 and thought what a waste of time. Now I feel like downloading it.
    It is a spectacular waste of time lol. I cannot even explain why I either enjoy or bother with it, but I really don't have to so there.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaiandra View Post
    I also said the following. Did you do it this way?

"Note that the amount of gold received from a mercenary mission is a factor of your DPS, GPS, and current Zone, so don't claim them immediately. Once the going gets slow, claim one, use it to level up your doods a ton, let them get as far as they can and once it gets slow claim the next mission, and so on."

With 3 or 4 gold missions I can get back to the 100s (and start Ascending and snowballing) within an hour or two.. and I usually don't start claiming them until I'm around zone 50-60ish. It's pretty fast to progress normally up until then.
    I do literally this, and I've been sitting on the same hero forever just waiting for money to get one or two levels.

I also learned some things about mercenaries. It's stupid. When you hire one, they are created with a set time limit, anywhere from one second to eternity. You can't stop them from dying. It does. not. matter. The only thing you can control, apparently, is that they cannot die on the same quest twice. So if you revive them, they're guaranteed to complete that mission. Except, you know, reviving a mercenary is impossible if you actually leveled it up a bunch, and it's an impossible amount of rubies to do it.
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2017-03-26 at 11:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    It is a spectacular waste of time lol. I cannot even explain why I either enjoy or bother with it, but I really don't have to so there.
    I dl it's pretty good to waste time on

I do literally this, and I've been sitting on the same hero forever just waiting for money to get one or two levels.

I also learned some things about mercenaries. It's stupid. When you hire one, they are created with a set time limit, anywhere from one second to eternity. You can't stop them from dying. It does. not. matter. The only thing you can control, apparently, is that they cannot die on the same quest twice. So if you revive them, they're guaranteed to complete that mission. Except, you know, reviving a mercenary is impossible if you actually leveled it up a bunch, and it's an impossible amount of rubies to do it.
    Yeah, it sucks that you have no indication of how long your mercenary is going to last. I once had 3 of my mercenaries die in the span of one hour, with the remaining two mercenaries both still on a fairly long quest. Now I just rarely do quests over 2 hours long to make it much less likely to happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delaios View Post
    Yeah, it sucks that you have no indication of how long your mercenary is going to last.
    The worst is when one of your mercs dies, so you send another on a recruitment quest... And they die.

there should be some kind of failsafe, so that your mercs CAN'T die on recruitment quests.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Yeah, the highest mercenary I had was level 51; without the xmas candy canes, just impossible to revive, it would costs thousands of dollars worth of rubies

I had an extended break, just getting midway through my current transcension. At the point I can beat a level 60 immortal solo, my guidies are trying to catch up; even a month out of the game wasn't enough!

Hze 5582, immortal damage 140q, 7 auto clickers, no money spent

My next goal is to reach tsuchi, was just able to regild back to wepwawet a couple ascensions ago. I also do the idle 90% and then 7 auto clickers once I can't down a boss; when you are getting 200q souls per ascension, investing in all the click ancients isn't a big deal and greatly increase that last 10% productivity. I throw everything at solomon, then atman and kuma, then idle and gold ancients, then push the leftovers to the clicky ones, giving Morg some leftovers now and then depending on if I remember to When my idle fails, the auto clickers can one shot for some time, it is usually several hundred extra zones, which means a ton more souls at 80T+ a boss. The only problem I do have with switching to active (and I guess I can understand it being this way), is I have to keep the phone on/game open. It only will progress a boss or two most of the time, if any at all, while it is still insta-killing the mobs. I try not to just let my battery run down and can't always have it plugged in. Oh well, the price to pay for more souls and gilds I suppose

I also use the times I activate dark ritual (since it takes me out of idle) to activate the rest of my abilities and all my auto clickers, then fight the immortal; if you activate them prior to starting the fight, they all stay active and gives you a boost to your output. If I'm still idle, I pull them down (remember iOS here) after starting the fight and close them up just as the fight is finishing so I stay idle. How close I cut it depends how far I get past the 1/3 or 1/2 immortal health mark. If its going to be close, I'll just lose my idle, if its going to pass it by a decent amount but not enough to hit the next breakpoint, I'll just shut them down a few seconds early since I have to attack again anyway.

I'm going to check on my gildmates and see if there are any inactives (hze progression, message board) ... like to try to let people in that are currently playing so they can get the free souls, and maybe slightly hope to have someone with similar damage to myself to keep progressing to higher level immortals; the latter isn't really important though, just having someone benefitting from the kills is better than someone sitting in the gild that quit the game weeks ago and has no intention of returning.

I'm going to be excited for next holiday season; the candy canes, all the relics, all the rubies ... and I'll not transcend without thinking about like I did then, was only my second ... live and learn, destroyed a lot of really great, highly leveled relics, had much more progress I could've done, I also transcended without taking advantage of those heroes you lose when you do. I didn't pay enough attention at the start

I noticed this game is now available on xbox1, if you really need your clicker fix and you don't already play on steam, android, iOS, or browser
    My PC Build 4790k @ 4.7 GHz @ 1.28v; 1080 @ +175 core, +500 memory

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been playing it on ps4. I'm amazed at how stupid it is. Most importantly I'm amazed how much I like it. I'm about 6 transcends down right now, I did waste my first few because I didn't read guides so I'm still only day at 38 hero souls but I think I'm getting the hang of what to do.

I never noticed anything about guilds in it through...

People in my guild are super fucking lazy. I always have to solo these bosses and it takes the whole day usually. People need to help kill these bosses damnit.

fencers, what platform? if its iOS, I might just pass mine off to the one person who chats and at least makes an attempt to tickle the boss and join yours. I'm in the spot where I kill the level 60 one day, then the next day I have to fail the level 61. Even when one or two others attack them, they are only capable of like 1-10% boss hp across the day. I can do 930Q a day if I get in all 3 attacks. At this point I think I kill the 60 in two and do the math on one and see it isn't enough for the 61 and not bother again until reset.
    My PC Build 4790k @ 4.7 GHz @ 1.28v; 1080 @ +175 core, +500 memory

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    People in my guild are super fucking lazy. I always have to solo these bosses and it takes the whole day usually. People need to help kill these bosses damnit.
    Sadly, guilds are implemented quite badly in the game. They seem to have never been updated for transcendence. Because the boss damage scales exponentially (more or less) since then, people at different stages of the game differ far too much in terms of damage done to the boss. In addition, the rewards were never really adjusted to the transcendence update. I personally only do 1-2 runs soon after transcending.

People still play this game? o_O

Was there an update recently?
    Is it on steam? (no flash)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    People still play this game? o_O

Was there an update recently?
    Is it on steam? (no flash)
    1. Of course! It never ends.
    2. Yes and no. Nothing major, but smaller updates still come out regularly. The last big update (transcension) was out quite some time ago.
    3. Yes.