Thread: [TV] Arrow

The Helix girl looks like a love child between Felicity and Thea.

Are we ever going to see Oliver back as a billionaire again? I feel we never really had enough of that, and isn't that the green arrow's major alter-ego? But the Legends future had the building as Smoke Enterprises in the future... I always thought at least hoped we'd see Oliver back as a billionaire.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Are we ever going to see Oliver back as a billionaire again? I feel we never really had enough of that, and isn't that the green arrow's major alter-ego? But the Legends future had the building as Smoke Enterprises in the future... I always thought at least hoped we'd see Oliver back as a billionaire.
    He will get his company back in the future, on the big crossover this year Barry showed Oliver the future news paper and it still had the Queen/Wayne merger article on it. Also that Legends future is not going to happen now, that was before flash point and the other changes they made will affect it too. The Green Arrow in the future we saw was Digs son but that was his son born after baby Sarah who now wasn't born at all.

I do feel Slade Wilson, Razaghoul, Dark were more dangerous enemies than Prometheus though, although Slade was the best villain imo.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know about you, but they didn't do a good job of hiding Chase as Prometheus, he was my number 1 suspect for most of the season... I suspect it wasn't intended to be a difficult or surprising guess.

I do want to know who Savatar is, i had thought he was Wally, but i was wrong on that one, wasn't wrong about Prometheus though

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    I don't know about you, but they didn't do a good job of hiding Chase as Prometheus, he was my number 1 suspect for most of the season... I suspect it wasn't intended to be a difficult or surprising guess.
    They tried to be tricksie by having Vigilante on this season as well, since in the comic the real name of Vigilante is ... Adrian Chase. So it was more of a twist for those who followed the source material rather than for the regular audience.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    They tried to be tricksie by having Vigilante on this season as well, since in the comic the real name of Vigilante is ... Adrian Chase. So it was more of a twist for those who followed the source material rather than for the regular audience.
    did they reveal the identity of the gunman vigilante that was trying to kill Oliver? I remember team Arrow taking him down at the speech Oli discredit his alter-ego in a press conference, but don't remember him being unmasked. Finally, what happened to the female member of team arrow that switched sides? I don't remember her fate either.

i actually like that Prometheus threat/danger level wasn't in his physical abilities or super powers, Oliver was clearly a better fighter.. you have to have more of the future villains not quite being as good as him especially after being skillful enough to defeat Ra, Dahrk and Slade.

I also like that gay boy Curtis is back doing techy stuff, i always thought it weird he was jumping into full on vigilante was a bit odd, especially since Felicity's forte was hacking, and Curtis presentation as a genius inventor complemented Felicity quite well, there was room for that.

Also i'm surprised they didn't keep curtis at Palmer tech to keep that thread going, would have kept the old Queen consolidated still in the story line giving an opportunity to at least play Curtis in more...rather than use Felicity for everything.. but I like that Felicity has her own stuff going on with this hacktivist group which we know is going to blow up in her face soon.

Nope, we still don't know who Vigilante is. Artemis has also been MIA, no word on her either (at least within the show, dunno if the actor or producers said anything about it).
    Last edited by Kalcheus; 2017-03-16 at 08:08 PM. Reason: Forgot closing parenthesis
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

I've never really liked Prometheus, his rise to power/ training really just seems to diminish Olivers training in my eyes. It's always been sigh-worthy that Thea and others become super soldiers so quickly, but to do all the training, become DA (though I guess they have had a high turn over), all that stuff.

And again, he should have been killed right off. Letting the man live to continue scheming, it's just stupid on so many levels. Plus, all this because his criminal father was killed by the Hood? Sure Prometheus is a psychopath, but it just feels pointless. Talia also lacks something.

I'm enjoying Arrow well enough, new Canary is fine, miss Artemis a bit and it's nice to see Mr Terific find his niche. The villains just don't compare at all with Slade or Ras, even as much as Merlyn was another "bullet solves your problem", he was so much more interesting.

Plus, Prometheus actor being here meant I looked up and saw that Sirens was canceled. He was more fun on that.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    I've never really liked Prometheus, his rise to power/ training really just seems to diminish Olivers training in my eyes. It's always been sigh-worthy that Thea and others become super soldiers so quickly, but to do all the training, become DA (though I guess they have had a high turn over), all that stuff.

And again, he should have been killed right off. Letting the man live to continue scheming, it's just stupid on so many levels. Plus, all this because his criminal father was killed by the Hood? Sure Prometheus is a psychopath, but it just feels pointless. Talia also lacks something.

I'm enjoying Arrow well enough, new Canary is fine, miss Artemis a bit and it's nice to see Mr Terific find his niche. The villains just don't compare at all with Slade or Ras, even as much as Merlyn was another "bullet solves your problem", he was so much more interesting.

Plus, Prometheus actor being here meant I looked up and saw that Sirens was canceled. He was more fun on that.
    the story is a bit weak .. but your point about the others becoming super soldiers too fast really resonates, especially Laurel that also diminishes Oliver

Dam good episode, wonder what will happen wit Kovar next.

As a side note, we know he gets rescued off the island. Wonder if him going back there was part of the plan, and the Bratva arranged for the boat to go fishing in that area so he would be "found".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    Dam good episode, wonder what will happen wit Kovar next.

As a side note, we know he gets rescued off the island. Wonder if him going back there was part of the plan, and the Bratva arranged for the boat to go fishing in that area so he would be "found".
    Probably something bad is going to happen and Oliver will feel bad about it, thus him going back to the island to feel punished. He did the same in S2. I think he goes there with free will. He had his entire kit on the island when he got off back in S1 EP1. But he did plan on that signal fire, so he wanted to get off the island. He's probably going to be stuck on that island for a few months after he's finished with the Bratva in this current season.

i feel like with this latest episode we finally have a villain that tops slade. hes just fucking merciless man. he may not be as physically threatening as some of the other villains but the way hes just flatout torturing ollie is brutal man.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i feel like with this latest episode we finally have a villain that tops slade. hes just fucking merciless man. he may not be as physically threatening as some of the other villains but the way hes just flatout torturing ollie is brutal man.
    Ollie is free, reporter is free. First 30 seconds of next ep needs to be a sniper killing the DA, or it's pointless.

The problem with comic villains is how many can be solved with a rifle.

And he's not merciless or whatsername would be dead. Slade made Ollie choose which person died, I mean, really. Prometheus achieves too much too quickly with a plan that is less thought out than Zemo's.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    I like Adrian but I feel like there isn't enough justification for how far he's willing to go for his revenge (though it seems much more deeper and complicated than just revenge).

Also, that last episode is brutal! That plot twist at the end with the secret why Oliver became Arrow, combined with him turning into a monster fighting Dolph Lundgren, was amazing. Easily one of my favourite episodes of the whole show.

Quote Originally Posted by Archon14 View Post
    I like Adrian but I feel like there isn't enough justification for how far he's willing to go for his revenge (though it seems much more deeper and complicated than just revenge).
    Year 1, The Hood kills Adrians illegitimate father who never acknowledged him. (We'll ignore whether he deserved to die.)
    Year 2, The Hood, revealed as Roy, is killed in a prison stabbing.
    Year 3, Arrow kills Ras, pissing off his estranged daughter Talia, who didn't even attend her sisters wedding!
    Year 4, the city rallies behind Green Arrow, hero of Star City.
    Year 5, Prometheus, seeking revenge has earned his law degree and connected with a woman in Russia or Tibet or where ever the teleporting monasteries are this week. Together they hatch a scheme to avenge themselves upon the evil Ollie!

Though this does assume Adrian knew Ollie was Green Arrow before Church told him, but that seems off. Not sure.

That also leaves aside Artemis, who Ollie talked out of her past of murderous glee, telling her about how he knew it could be done better. She is then surprised that he had murdered people previously and thus joins the evil killer who is randomly killing people because their names are similar to people the Hood killed or something. Because it's better to just go FULL psychopath when talked out of your revenge. It's entirely possible that she told Prometheus Ollie was Arrow was Hood, but the timing is way off.

Also, that last episode is brutal! That plot twist at the end with the secret why Oliver became Arrow, combined with him turning into a monster fighting Dolph Lundgren, was amazing. Easily one of my favourite episodes of the whole show.
    I liked it as a study of the "Hood" alter ego, something which is again very Batman-ish, but the whole "monster" thing or "enjoying killing" was off base, since the killing leading to darkness and stuff has been a recurring theme for FIVE FUCKING YEARS now, so whatever.

I think Ollie has been on point this season, Digg's been good, I like the assorted team-members aside from Wild Dog. Thea and Lance have both had development and story and done great with it.

Prometheus, ugh. Church, stupid. Talia I'm not sure on, she could be fun enough if she wasn't tied to Prometheus. If anything I'd think he would be holding her back from things.

Vigilante has been so-so, he'd be interesting if the show wasn't so BAD with guns and gun tactics.

Deleted
    A lot of motivations are off this season.
    Hard to wrap your head around a logical train of thought as there doesn't seem to be one on either side.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    God damn this show is on a roll this season. And Chase is a savage.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

I like Arrow this season, but the Prometheus stuff i don't care for. His back story with his motive and training seem rather light. With how fast his training was, him getting a law degree, him getting the job as DA it all seems rushed and not believable at all.

Honestly the plot is nothing more than a rehashed version for Legends S1 where they went to the future and encountered Deathstroke Jr, its same story..

Am I the only one who was so impressed by the episode 17, I messed up my enjoyment of episode 18 because I expected WAY more?

It was like the Flashpoint, they are taking care of it in one episode. I wanted Arrow to kill, I wanted him to stop being Arrow/mayor and go somewhere and do some wild shit. I wanted his friends to have to fight for him across the rest of the season's episodes (like when he was supposed to become Ras), not Oliver to be convinced after one (or two) conversation with Diggle after he was broken and reawakened (or at least I hoped he'd be) as the "monster" from Bratva/Season 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Archon14 View Post
    Am I the only one who was so impressed by the episode 17, I messed up my enjoyment of episode 18 because I expected WAY more?

It was like the Flashpoint, they are taking care of it in one episode. I wanted Arrow to kill, I wanted him to stop being Arrow/mayor and go somewhere and do some wild shit. I wanted his friends to have to fight for him across the rest of the season's episodes (like when he was supposed to become Ras), not Oliver to be convinced after one (or two) conversation with Diggle after he was broken and reawakened (or at least I hoped he'd be) as the "monster" from Bratva/Season 1.
    I think he did a good job of things, more a reflection of giving in to Diggle rather than believing him. I was a little disappointed in the Bratva break off though and I hope he reconciles and aids them to be more than simple drug dealers and stuff. Same way I'm disappointed in Artemis, she seems to have gone a little too far to psychopath too quickly. Mainly I just don't like Prometheus and wish the villain was better this season.

It'll be interesting to see how Mayor Queen reconciles calling Arrow evil and in need of arrest. Hopefully they don't just toss it off as a quick "hey, it was all a throwing knife killer ploy, not really him" and then on with business. I don't have much interest in the hackers either. Arrow vs Grodd, that's what we need!