Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    And For bonus news, That moment when a DM was tweeted out lol.
    ...Do you see the date? Obama was in office. He's referring to Obama and that's not a DM.

Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    Sure, there may be general fatigue of all things Trump. Not sure that translates to the discussion about being investigated by the FBI.
    If you pour political capital into something with limited returns on that capital, eventually you either stop doing it or get replaced. While voter opinion about the Trump-Russia ties remain high, if or when the special investigation turns up nothing, the issue will effectively live or die on that day, and with it, a vast amount of effort on behalf of the NeverTrumpers.

Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    He held the press conference first then briefed Trump. So by your logic the only two options are that Trump have the okay to do it without knowing what the information was, or that he somehow knew what it was before being briefed.
    Did he? Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric The Midget View Post
    ...Do you see the date? Obama was in office. He's referring to Obama and that's not a DM.
    The fact he's shitting on Obama while his own boy far exceeds anything he'd complained about is completely obvious, thank you. It's kind of the point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Trump has masked truth with his continuous outright lies - that's one of the first few steps of a wanna be dictator, to make it so we trust nothing.

Well done Trump - you have done your job well.
    I love how everything Trump does someone says it's one of the first things a dictator does. Have you ever seen what real dictators do? Why don't you go look at Saddam Hussein and see what he did the moment he usurped power? Murdering dozens of his former colleagues for not agreeing with him. When Trump does that let me know please.

I love how everything Trump does someone says it's one of the first things a dictator does
    It isn't something to love, but something to be very concerned about.

Have you ever seen what real dictators do
    Yeah, but I've also researched how they start .... waiting until they are dictators isn't really a useful thing to do.

I know learning from history isn't something humans like to do... but for once, I'd like it to happen.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The fact he's shitting on Obama while his own boy far exceeds anything he'd complained about is completely obvious, thank you. It's kind of the point.
    Oh please. That's not the point. He thought he found some "legit meant to be DM tweet" that shows how the White House staffers really think.

Quote Originally Posted by Nadiru View Post
    If you pour political capital into something with limited returns on that capital, eventually you either stop doing it or get replaced. While voter opinion about the Trump-Russia ties remain high, if or when the special investigation turns up nothing, the issue will effectively live or die on that day, and with it, a vast amount of effort on behalf of the NeverTrumpers.
    You're basically saying the fatigue will come if the investigation yields no tangible results. That's a weird conclusion to make now, and a bit self-serving.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    It isn't something to love, but something to be very concerned about.

Yeah, but I've also researched how they start .... waiting until they are dictators isn't really a useful thing to do.

I know learning from history isn't something humans like to do... but for once, I'd like it to happen.
    That's actually interesting to hear because I really have read much about dictatorships. And I'd love to see how Trump really resembles one. And don't even compare him to Hitler because that's the biggest load of bullshit there is. He's nothing like Adolf Hitler. Nothing. Not even personally. Adolf had a strong ideology that formed everything he did. Trump doesn't. He wants to be liked. Even Obama said that.

Also you say humans don't learn from history as if you know of another species that does.

Oh please. That's not the point. He thought he found some "legit meant to be DM tweet" that shows how the White House staffers really think.
    Either way, Spicer should stick to tweeting his passwords.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    Did he? Weird.
    It's not really weird if you take into consideration that Nunes was reportedly "steaming mad" about whatever he read, and ignored people who counseled him to basically take a breath before he did anything stupid.

He chose stupid.

Risky to put so many eggs in the Russia basket. If nothing comes of this a ton of political capital will be wasted. Then again, Republicans aren't capitalizing on their position right now either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stabetha View Post
    You all are really starting to sound like the birthers with this
    Well let's not go that far. Yeah, this is almost certainly not going to go anywhere, but it's not being directly refuted by official evidence (yet). The Birthers railed for years against official accounts and eyewitness testimony, and possibly even the citizenship of his mother.

When Flynn testifies, doesn't flip on Trump, then people say he has, then you can call them Birther equivalents.

That's actually interesting to hear because I really have read much about dictatorships.
    Excellent, then you will recognise a huge number of signs of the beginnings of one in the US now.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

15+ Year Old Account
    The problem here is that the leads are starting to run dry. The only path to continuing the controversy is through this Flynn flip story. Boris Epshteyn, for example, is essentially paparazzi-tier speculation. You could conjure something up to keep the hate running but that only works for so long. Put it another way: Your plan hinges on you being able to generate at least 72 different events about Trussia (Russmp?) without people getting bored of it or without the leads drying up.

Perhaps, but it's telling that in my hyper-liberal neck of the woods, moving onto a topic about Trump is increasingly met with "ugh, yes, he's an asshole, can we move on?"
    The wells will only run dry if this Trump-Russia connection is a nontroversy that's being kept artificially alive, something one side wants so badly to believe. At first, when this stuff was in its infancy, it even seemed to me that it was a silly connection. But with the resignations, firings, lying under oath, etc. and all of the links that have been found thus far... that Trump and his team seemed they felt the need to lie about, well let's just say it seems this well runs pretty deep.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    @Skroe All we would really have to do is put a complete and total block on any Russian imports and convince our allies to do the same. If we pulled a Cuba on them and got our allies to do the same, Russia's infrastructure would cave in on itself--as it stands their economy is almost completely reliant on oil exports thanks to the government's refusal to actually work on economic policies as opposed to enriching Putin's sycophants. War wouldn't be necessary, just cut off all economic ties with Russia and let the people of Russia solve the problem for us.
    It is useless because US-Russia trade is minuscule (it was about 38 billion $ total in imports and exports for 2013). That's why it wasn't done in 2014.

And good luck convincing EU to cut 30% of their energy imports overnight; and even then China would still be buying.

Russian economy is around 2 trillion $ in GDP; Russian exports are just 300 billions in that, even if there would be "full embargo" from US and their "Western allies", after initial reshuffle of supply routes it would take decades to make a dent on Russia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    It is useless because US-Russia trade is minuscule (it was about 38 billion $ total in imports and exports for 2013). That's why it wasn't done in 2014.

And good luck convincing EU to cut 30% of their energy imports overnight; and even then China would still be buying.

Russian economy is around 2 trillion $ in GDP; Russian exports are just 300 billions in that, even if there would be "full embargo" from US and their "Western allies", after initial reshuffle of supply routes it would take decades to make a dent on Russia.
    Which is exactly why Putinistas are putting pressure on western governments to lift the sanctions. Riiiight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    CNN has plenty of solid commentators and contributors, just like NBC CBS ABC Reuters PBS and, yes, FOX. They can be biased and also well-informed, and even biased sources can be right.

This is probably not one of those times.
    Thanks for the laugh. Case and point, you prove my statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Which is exactly why Putinistas are putting pressure on western governments to lift the sanctions. Riiiight.
    Useless sanctions are useless; they completely failed to achieve stated goals, and they are kept because West doesn't like to own their failures.

This "putting pressure" is more of "admit your defeat".

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Nearly everybody in this thread (including me) has prefaced their comment with "if confirmed" or something along those lines.

But the argument does make sense in one regard:
    - That Manafort, Page, and Stone are all testifying in front of Nunes, but Flynn is not, says something. He is the only member of the inner circle not to.
    - That Flynn registered as a foreign agent retroactively after resinging as NSA is a defacto admission of a crime.
    - That Flynn has not made any public comments but the other three have says something.
    - That is came out yesterday that Trump Administration officials are clearing their phones regularly, expecting to be subpoenaed.

This is all more smoke. But the smoke clouds are getting thicker and darker.

If I were you Stacy, rather than projecting, I'd start figuring out exactly what point you're going to retreat to when the Jenga tower that is holding up the Trump Administration collapses.

But I'll say it again: we're all waiting for the *big moment*. You care to bet it isn't going to happen? Ain't a smart bet friend.
    Utterly moronic

Flynn was cleared, he has already been questioned, and the answers to those questions have already been made available to congress. Their is literally no reason to question him again.

Keep using the word foreign agent, it totally doesn't make you look like a kool aid drunk sycophant. Flynn was a lobbyist. Unless theirs a difference when a liberal super lobbyist like John Podestas brother, Tony Podesta, lobbies for Sberbank (you know, putins bank) and Flynn who lobbied for Turkey.

Manafort, Page, and Stone are not being subpoenaed. They are going voluntarily.

Why would Flynn make any public comments at all?

You must be reading some pretty retarded shit, no surprise there I guess. I mean, it's fairly common knowledge now, that any communication the white house or staff makes, their is a record of kept by the IC.

The only smoke being made here is from the big steamy pile of bullshit that this whole narrative is based on. The information used to create this narrative, comes from low quality intelligence that has no apparent value, unmasked by the obama administration, which was leaked to the media who INVENTED this whole farce. I mean hell, the justification for the FISA warrant to tap Trump tower server was sending spam emails for Trump hotels. L oh fucking L.

After 8 months of investigation from multiple intelligence agencies, who have all of Trump and his subordinates financial information, intercepted communications, their is no evidence of collusion.

Sorry, I whole heartedly disagree with your assertions. Even more so, I think one would have to be a complete fucking idiot at this point to put any serious stock in this narrative. Pretty much anyone, who takes serious stock of anything CNN says for that matter when it comes to politics.

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem here is that the leads are starting to run dry. The only path to continuing the controversy is through this Flynn flip story. Boris Epshteyn, for example, is essentially paparazzi-tier speculation. You could conjure something up to keep the hate running but that only works for so long. Put it another way: Your plan hinges on you being able to generate at least 72 different events about Trussia (Russmp?) without people getting bored of it or without the leads drying up.

Ex-Trump Advisers Manafort, Stone Offer to Testify to Congress

https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/a...tee-nunes-says

Paul Manafort, the former chairman of Donald Trump’s presidential campaign, and veteran Republican political operative Roger Stone have offered to meet with a House committee investigating Russian interference in last year’s election.

Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes, a California Republican, told reporters Friday that it hasn’t been determined whether Manafort -- who has come under scrutiny for work he’s done for figures tied to Russian President Vladimir Putin -- will testify in public as well as in a closed-door meeting. A lawyer for Stone said he wants to testify in open session to rebut lawmakers who “have intimated that he has committed treason.”
    So either Trump's campaign chair and his renknown dirty tricks buddy testify openly in front of Congress. OR, the already shady looking Nunes hides their testimony from the public to protect his cult leader in the WhiteHouse. This isn't going away.
    Impeach the MF.