Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynnlagh View Post
    So how is any of this original?
    So, almost no game at all nowadays is original because it is created withing already estabilished genre.

For those that don't know, a couple years back, someone redid the Originals in the SC II engine.I have played through it multiple times, they are out there.

Hmm, kind of had hoped for a remake of the original missions using the starcraft 2 engine and such, but I am cool with this.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't even care if they re-used the same engine from Diablo 2 or even one for that matter. They're gritty, they're dark, they're animated well enough, they have built-in lobby support and the randomly generated content is much better than the tile-based system being used in Diablo 3.

Don't touch balancing, don't touch the lobby, don't touch trading and don't touch itemization. Just give us the same 4KHD textures treatment with modern resolution support while under a constant rust storm / warden advisory on closed b.net and we're good. A general overhaul would be nice but I fear too much would be lost in translation.
    Last edited by Triggered Fridgekin; 2017-03-26 at 01:56 PM.

Really happy that they did this. Cannot understand any of the hate in this thread. You get SC and SC Broodwar for free and there'll be a HD OPTION. If you want to stick to the old game, do that.

Deleted
    They should have remade the game as a mode in the SC2 base and added achievements and everything... not as a standalone I know they probably couldn't cause purists would not be able to handle the more fluid unit movements from SC2 etc but still..
    Last edited by mmoc1ca4e98b3e; 2017-03-26 at 02:00 PM.

If you're looking to get into Starcraft, you're better off getting SC2:LotV. It's a great game, which has been massively improved over the years.

And if you're casual, good luck with the 12 unit selection limit and single building selection in SC1.

I legit got goosebumps from that "Evolution Complete" in the end of the trailer. Omg...

Just wish they'd update the cinematics too to use the latest and greatest techniques, not just upscaled 1080p

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    Don't see the difference. You guys seriously getting hyped about paying for the exact same game again? lol
    1. You're paying for the graphics, integration with modern Battle.net, and modern online features like matchmaking and ranking which didn't previously exist.

2. SC1 is being made free and is playable with SC:R.

10+ Year Old Account
    Love the fact that they decided to pour so much love into the game.

I cannot wait until they do the same for the Diablo franchise - never got to play the 2nd and 1st, and when I tried the prior my computer was just too stubborn to let me play.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    Just thought I would leave this here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...o_game_remakes.. Seems that no one bats an eyelid if another company does a remake/remaster of one of their games.. But if Blizzard do it then it is all out with the torches and pitchforks and marching on Blizz HQ..
    I think the whole gaming industry is in a bad cycle of "good looking games are very expensive, so if you invest in a game, invest in something that made good money in the past" and that's why 50% of all games are sequels and the other are clones of existing games with a different graphical theme. Real creative new ideas are only in visually very unappealing independent projects that suffer from general low quality issues. It's a deadly spiral. But Hollywood movies suffer the same. Everything is drowned in CGI effects. Good told stories without effects are not rewarded anymore.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Quote Originally Posted by HordeFanboy View Post
    Now remaster warcraft 3
    Agreed.

It really shouldn't be a big job.

WC3 graphics are fine.

All it needs is widescreen support and modern Battle.net features.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Or Warcraft 3 remake. I never liked SC due to the Sci-Fi stuff. I'll always pick Medieval Fantasy over it, but hey, this makes me REALLY excited for the possibility of WC3 remake, which I'll gladly throw $50 at.
    I know, man. Warcraft is way better than StarCraft in my opinion, too. They should make their decision based on you and me! I'm sure no one, especially in Korea, likes StarCraft at all.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    I think the whole gaming industry is in a bad cycle of "good looking games are very expensive, so if you invest in a game, invest in something that made good money in the past" and that's why 50% of all games are sequels and the other are clones of existing games with a different graphical theme. Real creative new ideas are only in visually very unappealing independent projects that suffer from general low quality issues. It's a deadly spiral. But Hollywood movies suffer the same. Everything is drowned in CGI effects. Good told stories without effects are not rewarded anymore.
    And there is the rub, games producers are in a way unwilling to try something new unlike in the past.. Because these days if it fails the amount of toxicity from the gaming community is enough that it scares any other developer from trying something innovative and interesting..

I suppose that is also why there has been SFA of interest coming out of Hollywood, it is reboot central over there at the moment.. The funny thing is if you want to see something interesting and original in a movie your best bet is Europe and Asia..

Isn't this exactly the type of thing people want out of classic blizzard games? Updated graphics without changing the game; and people still find some way to complain....This is a step towards the right direction in terms of updating old blizzard games that were widely successful. Hopefully Diablo 2 is next purely because the game mechanics of Diablo 3 ruined the game for a lot of people, and Warcraft 3 after that just because that is the game that kickstarted WoW.
    Last edited by Fathme; 2017-03-26 at 02:56 PM.

Hmm... I'm into the idea of having online matchmaking. Although I definitely prefer the gritty, classic graphics of Brood War to the smoother stuff seen here and wayyy more than the graphics of SC2 which look like crap compared to BW.

Rocks are going to be thrown at me, but as someone who still have somewhere SC and BW cds, I found this interesting. (I bet they would not work on Windows 10)

Quote Originally Posted by Fathme View Post
    Isn't this exactly the type of thing people want out of classic blizzard games? Updated graphics without changing the game; and people still find some way to complain....This is a step towards the right direction in terms of updating old blizzard games that were widely successful, diablo 2 next purely because the game mechanics ruined the game for a lot of people, and w3 just because that is the game that kickstarted WoW.
    It's the internet. Bitching and moaning is it's past time. I mean it isn't like anyone is forcing them to buy anything or can direct Blizzard what to do. For SC fans this isn't so bad. I remember playing these games in the 90s and having a blast so odds are I will pick it up just to play though the missions.

I hope they do something similar with Diablo games.

Quote Originally Posted by Kakera View Post
    A card game
    Another MOBA
    A game from an abandoned project

what????

???
    Well if we go by that train of thought, the last new game with new ideas hasn't come about since the mid 1990s at least.

Also to people bitching about costs. Am I the only one who read the last line which is "Download and play for free."?
    Last edited by Kallisto; 2017-03-26 at 03:14 PM.