Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I love the way Blizz said you will be able to play any spec and be fine ....riiiiight...they still forcing us to play what they want...end of story...annoying as hell. Fire in the begin frost 2nd and end game arcane .....same as every exp...fml. balanced my ass. And this time its worse if you didnt go the correct route through the AP farming. catch is always gonna be a biatch this exp.

Quote Originally Posted by Zafu View Post
    I'd argue that until we see the notes for 7.2.5 we can't really guess what will work well for tomb. For 7.2 in Nighthold, it looks like Frost will still be your Single Target go-to and Fire for cleave.

Lets not forget fire was brilliant in 7.1 and was only brought to it's knees in the Nighthold class tuning mini patch.

Fingers crossed it's buffed again!
    That's the issue. Fire wasn't even brilliant in 7.1. It was middle of the pack while being the best mage spec. Yet they nerfed to the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Fojos View Post
    That's the issue. Fire wasn't even brilliant in 7.1. It was middle of the pack while being the best mage spec. Yet they nerfed to the ground.
    Because ppl trade chat were saying fire is op, so all feedback means shit, they only listen to trade chat
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

15+ Year Old Account
    Im betting on arcane

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    Because ppl trade chat were saying fire is op, so all feedback means shit, they only listen to trade chat
    Fire was good at the start, but it just hasn't scaled well combined with a few nerfs means its in kinda a bad spot right now in terms of single target

Deleted
    when you look at frost and the fact that you can play 4pc t20 and 2pc t19 and those 3 setbonuses synergize extremely well with eachother frost has a pretty good leg up on the other specs, granted i havent looked up what arcane gets but based on frost's setbonuses frost will fare really well in 7.2, just think about it, t19 2pc gives you +10% chance to proc brainfreeze, meaning with bis relics you're sitting on atleast a 35% chance to proc brainfreeze procs from frostbolt(might even be able to bump it to 40% chance to get brainfreeze proc) which will increase frost orb usage as each brainfreeze reduces the cd of frost orb by 5 secs, easily reducing frost orbs's cd by 30ish secs, increasing the uptime on a +30% critdmg buff by around 50% more with good rng, less ofc with bad rng.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aktec View Post
    Fire was good at the start, but it just hasn't scaled well combined with a few nerfs means its in kinda a bad spot right now in terms of single target
    it might have only been a few nerfs but those nerfs were massive for fire easily 20ish% ST nerfs for fire and the buffs they got barely made up for the nerfs while all the other dps got a pretty significant buff from the spellauras, fire would have needed double the spellaura buffs to compete with other dps where it mattered.

Frost T19 and T20 bonuses synergize extremely well, IMO the spec will get a solid nerf at the start of ToS. We are encroaching on melee DPS levels and that is not acceptable.

Zann'esu Journey will become even better then for frost too???

Deleted
    If u want to be competitive with frost u need gloves, so there is no way u can wear 6 tier pieces

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caath View Post
    If u want to be competitive with frost u need gloves, so there is no way u can wear 6 tier pieces
    No? You can be competitive with ie. bracers + ring

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sembrah View Post
    No? You can be competitive with ie. bracers + ring
    Well this way frost set is... medicore. Take Arcane for example, with current p2, and t20 p4, PoM will be up every few seconds to give u 10% dmg buff, and 4 AB stacks. Add to that 12% crit chance buff to AM, and MoA buff with mana regen and the ST gap between frost and arcane will be nullified
    Last edited by mmoc5633d002d8; 2017-03-28 at 08:45 AM.

Deleted
    Well this way frost set is... medicore. Take Arcane for example, with current p2, and t20 p4, PoM will be up every few seconds to give u 10% dmg buff, and 4 AB stacks. Add to that 12% crit chance buff to AM, and MoA buff with mana regen and the ST gap between frost and arcane will be nullified
    But you would have to give up the legendary Legs, which is a huge DPS loss. The new 4 piece is good, but I wouldn't keep the t19 2 piece in favour of the Legs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadpants View Post
    But you would have to give up the legendary Legs, which is a huge DPS loss. The new 4 piece is good, but I wouldn't keep the t19 2 piece in favour of the Legs.
    That was an example.it is purpose was to show that there are some classes which better tier sets who can as well wear 6 pieces of it.

Ps. Kilt sims approx 10k lover than shard and new cord. So u can wear booth of them and do not lose that much dps.
    Last edited by mmoc5633d002d8; 2017-03-28 at 11:01 AM.

No it is not going to be nullified, it will be even larger due to frost traits being much stronger than arcane traits.

This is why I dropped my mage.

Arcane has AOE, arcane may have ST; but I'm sorry arcane does not have Cleave.

It's just terrible on 2 target high hp situations.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    ya you don't know what you're talking about.
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

I have arcane belt, might give arcane a try in hc/norm nh to see what numbers i can pull
    Rogues are fine ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by Senistian View Post
    This is why I dropped my mage.
    Going that route as well. Came here to try and figure out what's what for 7.2 and it's a convoluted mess. Meanwhile I have a dk and dh that I just press buttons on, do minimal research to be competitive, and just have fun on.

Quote Originally Posted by fiestatastic View Post
    Going that route as well. Came here to try and figure out what's what for 7.2 and it's a convoluted mess. Meanwhile I have a dk and dh that I just press buttons on, do minimal research to be competitive, and just have fun on.
    Faceroll classes are always the best, too bad i get bored after playing them longer than 1 hour
    Rogues are fine ©
    Haste will fix it ©