Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    We convinced the world that words hurt , so now you can hurt someone without physically doing so. Much easier to effect someone emotionally than it is pulhysically.

Was a much simpler time when words were just words and people shut the fuck up when they didn't have something positive to say.
    When was that again? The further back in time we go, the more likely those words got you badly hurt, prisoned, heavily fined or flat out killed, depending on what sort of person you insulted.

Seems to be some revisionist history at work here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Everyone got a microphone + egoism running rampant

Dumb question guys, suppose you live in a frontier American town in 1880, what do you think would have happened if you had called someone ''a cuckold'' on main street ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    We convinced the world that words hurt , so now you can hurt someone without physically doing so. Much easier to effect someone emotionally than it is pulhysically.

Was a much simpler time when words were just words and people shut the fuck up when they didn't have something positive to say.
    Beyond the agitprop campaign against Hamilton, does Hamilton-Burr reminds you something ?

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    When was that again? The further back in time we go, the more likely those words got you badly hurt, prisoned, heavily fined or flat out killed, depending on what sort of person you insulted.

Seems to be some revisionist history at work here.
    You mean, kinda like how lefties are ruining peoples lives, careers or even going as far as physically hurt people with different opinions and daring to utter "those words"

MMO-C happened.

Quit playing for the foreseeable future.

Pete Campbell says some really nasty things about Layne Price, around 1965.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I've never considered that an intelligent position to take due to the absolute nature of the expression, though certainly discretion in picking your battles is something to be valued.

- - - Updated - - -

Better than the authoritarian alternative the rest of you would have us subjected to.
    We don't like your supposed authoritarian alternative, so we'll just introduce our own authoritarian alternative.

Better than the authoritarian alternative the rest of you would have us subjected to.
    I know you don't mean that but it sounded like you mean the lesser evil is ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Exeris View Post
    I know you don't mean that but it sounded like you mean the lesser evil is ok.
    That's also implying it is the lesser evil, which it isn't.
    We have seen a huge rise in leftists wanting to bring back fucking segregation and they are at full force labelling everyone and everything by the colour of their skin and sexual orientation.

It's not authoritarian though. It depends entirely on the exercise of individual freedoms. The alternative would strip people of those freedoms all so that a handful of people who have views you're sympathetic towards can enjoy a privileged position.
    I am sure this is what you keep telling yourself to keep up those delusions that your kind of authoritarianism is fine.
    For some reason, having people getting beat up for their opinions just doesn't seem like the better alternative to me, strange.

People developed spines? Well, that and a ridiculous dose of entitlement, depending on the demographic. We can say what we wish to say, nobody has the right to not have their fee-fee's hurt by words. And not challenging anything at all is just plain dumbassery.

Quote Originally Posted by Xekus View Post
    You mean, kinda like how lefties are ruining peoples lives, careers or even going as far as physically hurt people with different opinions and daring to utter "those words"
    As opposed to far right extremism, aka, terrorism? So instead of some people beat up, your idea of better alternative is people blown up at airports, shopping malls, mass shootings and running people over with vehicles?

If you want to play stupid political jab games, you'll lose every single time. That tends to happen when you cheer the side that has worst of the worst of extremists in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    This thread took an... interesting turn.
    Xekus and their crusade tends to spill out.

Evil is a myth.
    It's hard to change how we are taught to speak, I don't believe but keep referering to God quite often.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like OP is advocating censorship
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordago View Post
    As opposed to being a cis white male scum.
    I have no idea what this is.

People frequently confuse rudeness with strength. It's a growing problem and has been for years.

10+ Year Old Account
    People still follow the rule. Anonymity of the internet allows people to act like jerks but once they get into the real world they usually keep their mouths shut.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    What ever happened to "If you don't have anything nice to say, say nothing at all"

The internet.
    Fastest thread murder ever?
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Self-interest, which leads to individualism instead of maintaining a sense of community, which leads to self-centered defensive reactions, which leads to people being dicks.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..